• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Hardline storyline

tournique

Reaction score
Anyone enjoyed the story line? I found it a bit cliche being a cops vs robbers thing. But it's a great game nonetheless.

DomTheCon

Reaction score
I am only roughly halfway through the Hardline storyline, but I feel that it is a great story in comparison to the Battlefield 4 campaign. Battlefield 4's campaign felt extremely cliche and not to mention it lasted only a mere 4 hours. Hardline has also done a good job with making me feel like a cop. Being able to take-down enemies non-lethally and force enemies to drop their weapons adds a fun mechanic to the game that feels somewhat realistic. I hope that the next Battlefield storyline is at least to this quality or better.

ForeverDominant

Reaction score
For me, I enjoyed the change up of Cops vs. Robbers rather than soldier vs. soldier. As for the campaign, I found it to have a very gripping plot and great action. There wasn't a point in the campaign where I wasn't entertained!

Nemto Tadak

Reaction score
I find that the cops and robbers concept is more relevant to me and my kids than the military concept. We watch a lot more police drama than military, and the police are in the news everyday it seems.

The concept also let's players explore the police experience and learn about alternatives to deadly force. My son is nine, and we talk a lot about self-defense, bullying, and tactics. He is aware of the necessity for less-than-lethal approaches in policing, and Hardline helps him understand this with its various scenarios. I think it is a great educational tool when teaching about bullying and the deadly force continuum.

For me, it saved the Battlefield franchise because I find the other stories boring!

Catactus

Reaction score
Enjoyed it! It was a fresh change from what it has been before (don't get me wrong, it has always been awesome).

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I found it a bit too GTA-esque to be interested. It's like they are piggybacking from the success of GTA 5 - which was a great game - but Battlefield has its own genre and target demographic. Stick with recreating events in history and leave the cops and robbers nonsense to more open world games with established fictional areas like GTA.

Sino989

Reaction score
I agree with you, it was pretty cliche but I think they did a good job with it because I mean there's not much you can do with cops and robbers so you can't really discredit them because the game is still good.