• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Hardest game you have ever played?

Pokemon

Reaction score
What is the hardest game you ever played. Did you ever beat it?

Any of the Zelda games are really hard for me. There fun, but I get stuck really bad and I can never get past certain parts. I always end up having to use online walkthroughs. The puzzles in those games are confusing. I still haven't beaten Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D. I got it back in January.

Hiocoie

Reaction score
I've played tons of hard games, but I'm probably gonna have to say that The Binding of Issac is one of the hardest (if not the most hardest) game I've ever played, it's ridiculous! :p Yet it's just so fun.

Hidden308

Reaction score
I would say most of the old classic games are way harder than most of the modern games today. All of those old classic games was the most hardest I ever played compared to the games of today. :p

Demon_skeith

Reaction score
I remember battle toads for the NES being hard, only way to beat that game was memorizing the levels.

myst is also hard, you need a IQ of 200 to beat it.

NecroWolf

Reaction score
View attachment 1
I'd have to say the original Prince of Persia, a side scroller from around 1989. I had the PC version, for MS-DOS. You had to hit the buttons exactly precise or you died. I have no idea how I didn't just smash the stupid thing! :)

Attachments

• Prince_of_Persia_(1989_video_game)_IBM_PC_Version_gameplay.gif
    Prince_of_Persia_(1989_video_game)_IBM_PC_Version_gameplay.gif
    208.7 KB · Views: 233

Denis_P

Reaction score
This is going to be a stereotypical answer given that these games are infamous for being super hard, but Dark Souls 3 was the hardest game I've ever played. After a couple dozen deaths, I managed to finish Dark Souls 1 and play it through a couple of times again. After a couple hundred deaths, I managed to finish Dark Souls 2 but never wanted to play it again. And Dark Souls 3? I still haven't finished it and I don't think I ever will. It's been years since I've played a Dark Souls game so all of my skills have left me, and I just don't have the time or patience to build them up again. I'm done with being infuriated by games.

arachnophobik

Reaction score
I can say a lot of casual games here that were simply meant to be hard, like Cat Mario and Flappy Bird, but the hardest game that I actually finished was Dark Souls 3. The game was good, but the gameplay was just so hard and I think everyone could agree with me on that one. Despite that, I loved the challenge, although I must admit that I've rage quit a couple of times too.

joegirl

Reaction score
My brother dared me to play a soccer game. I thought, how hard can it get? Bring it on. FIFA 16 is definitely the hardest game I ever played. Partly because I have no interest in the sports itself whatsoever and also because I played because I wanted to prove a point. Not play to enjoy the game. And yes, I lost the bet :)

StolenKid

Reaction score
Hotline Miami, no matter the effort, the skills, the fact that you didn't die in a single level, didn't gave me an A for score, I'm a big fan of the game for that, it's difficulty.

NotCasual

Reaction score
Counter-Strike. Impossible to master, takes years and talent to get good at. The movement and shooting mechanics are very difficult, especially since you have to sync them together. On top of that, you've also got to have good game sense. Contrary to popular belief, even the best aimer will not be a good player without knowing when to do what. And that shows by the fact the current best player in the world is not even known for his aim.

PenguinManiac

Reaction score
Ghosts 'n Goblins is pretty freaking tough. I managed to get through a good portion of its remake, Ultimate Ghosts 'n Goblins, but I grew weary of it after a while (I do love challenging games, but...some portions were straight up tedious). It doesn't help that a lot of the game's difficulty comes from the clunky controls: for instance, you can't control the height nor the direction of the jump once you're mid-air, you'll always follow the same parabola. And let me tell you that you won't always get the time to neatly position yourself to land to safety when you're surrounded by enemies.
Still fun all in all, though.

Empire

Reaction score
Wolfenstein the new order on extra hard settings, The last part was so hard I did it over and over and over again that I had enough I left it for an week then passed it so many weeks after. I yet to do the other part of the story

Kharyode

Reaction score
Call of duty was my hardest game. There are some certain mission that I don't like because it hard, I always call my friend to help me out with the mission.

Gladdy

Reaction score
Without a doubt, any of the Dark Souls franchise. All of them are not easy at all... even finishing Bloodborne was easier!

I have finished Dark Souls 1, 2 and 3 but I never tried the Demon's Souls. The hardest out of those 3 is definitely the third. Some of the bosses took me an eternity to beat and much raging was involved. The Nameless King or the Soul of Cinder... argh. I never used any summons though or that makes it too easy :p

I can't imagine why people play such games on NG+ difficulties though, dear god.

JaiGuru

Reaction score
I don't know if it's honestly the hardest game I've ever played, but the Adventures of Dino Rikki
has been a lifelong nemesis of mine. When I got my NES, it came with the SMB/Duckhunt/World Class Track Meet three in one cart and my parents got me Dino Rikki as well. Being my second ever NES game, it sort of occupies this legendary place in my mind as an association with all things childhood. And it is brutally difficult. The game is a scroller/shooter where you play as a cave boy advancing ever towards the top of the screen through levels that definitely qualify as bullet-hell. The controls are twitchy and the movement is slippery in a way that makes the platforming sections when you have to jump from ledge to ledge very difficult.

Tills

Reaction score
Used to play a mmorpg called Tibia, was absolutely lethal. If you died you lost like 12 hours work. Think that game gave me a mild version of PTSD

Dhanidhamy

Reaction score
Hard games are more fun to play even though it might get frustrating at times, hardest part of a game I played was in call off duty when I was supposed to use a robot spider called Ziggy to infiltrate a building, it took me some weeks but I finally got solution on the web.

Pixie06

Reaction score
Counter-Strike. Impossible to master, takes years and talent to get good at. The movement and shooting mechanics are very difficult, especially since you have to sync them together. On top of that, you've also got to have good game sense. Contrary to popular belief, even the best aimer will not be a good player without knowing when to do what. And that shows by the fact the current best player in the world is not even known for his aim.
You are definitely right. It took me so long to get used to this game. I was playing this game when I was still at the University. I remember how I was struggling but fortunately my friends helped me. Counter Strike is definitely not an easy game.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Witcher 3 on Death March difficulty. It had insane difficulty spikes especially in the early game since every enemy you have has a ton of health and packs quite the punch. After you learn some skills though, it gets easier from there and you're on your way to finishing the entire game's hardest difficulty. Still was a pain in the tutorial area though; the easiest enemies can all one-hit-kill you if you don't dodge.

Lindsy90

Reaction score
Mostly NES and SNED games:
Castlevania 3
Ninja Gaiden 1 and 2
Bettleoads
Zelda 2
Mega man 2
Conrra 3
The original kid Icarus for NES
TMNT on NES
And it might just be me. But I find the first God of War game brutally difficult.
Especially the entire last section of the game.