• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Guild Wars 2

kittyworker

Reaction score
gw2-logo.1600230148.jpg

Does anyone still played or has played Guild Wars 2?

I played this from launch to last year on and off and found parts of the awesome and other parts equally frustrating. The biggest thing for me was just the massive change from GW1, a game I loved but started playing it too late and missed its prime. I found myself mostly playing WvW although this got old with people blogging the main servers and no real even fights.

empress

Reaction score
I bought Guild Wars 2 on launch, was really hyped up about it, but then I got to maximum level and I was just...bored...so I quit and started playing other games. I haven't played it for around a year now. I'm considering trying to get back into it, though...

Lola

Reaction score
I play, occasionally. I have a bunch of low level characters. Planning to actually start playing for real in a few weeks now that I have some free time on my hands. The expansion will be one sometime soon, priced at $50.

Antique Beast

Reaction score
I've been looking for a new MMO to play and I had a look at this one. The concept seems very neat, the graphics aren't shabby.. can anyone fill me in on the combat system, or maybe you know a good video that displays the pertinent information? I've been on the fence for this reason as well as the fact that the game has been out for a while, so the community might not be as robust.

SerSlavos

Reaction score
I've been playing Guild Wars 1 for a long time, bought it in Germany with my brother. It was great. Then years later he told me that there is a Guild wars 2. I didn't give it much interest. Last year I think, the game went free, and I decided to give it a try. It looked nice and all, but still not good enough to get me hooked. I still like the original GW better. I might try GW 2 again sometime but I am not sure.

Gladdy

Reaction score
I never played the first Guild Wars since I was way too into World of Warcraft and I always thought it's way better MMORPG but I got the Guild Wars 2 as a gift from a friend. I gave it a try and I actually really enjoyed it. I still think it can't compare to WoW but it isn't a bad game at all. It doesn't have any monthly fees so that's a bonus. I ended up leveling a Guardian which is similar to the paladin class from WoW and had a blast! I never played alone though, always with another friend.

However, I don't know how that new expansion is? I didn't buy it but I've considered it before.