• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

GTA vs Saints Row

ScorpionWaterfall

Reaction score
I'm a fan of both games. I was just wondering if anyone else here played the Saints Row games, as well. If you do/did, I'm looking to compare. Do you like one better than the other? Do you like them both? Do you hate them both?

syaota

Reaction score
I think I liked Saints Row a lot better. There were so many missions, the overall gameplay was just more fun for me. GTA has some things I didn't particularly like as well that I can't go into detail here.

babysharks

Reaction score
Saints Row has better writing but GTA is super dramatic. Saints Row doesn't take itself so seriously, so it's a lot funnier. GTA is has a more realistic feel to it, so if that's your thing, you might enjoy it.

bleblanc10

Reaction score
Both games are a blast but the story mode in GTA games has always been more advanced in my opinion.

Maelalove

Reaction score
Saints Row, hands down. I know Saints Row can get pretty vulgar, but GTA has always seemed to talk it a little too far, in my opinion. Similar in style, though, so it's close. To each their own, I guess.

bleblanc10

Reaction score
I actually love the way that GTA feels like more of an experience and journey, I never really felt that way with Saints row, not sure why

Maelalove

Reaction score
I actually love the way that GTA feels like more of an experience and journey, I never really felt that way with Saints row, not sure why
Really? GTA seems more random, to me. I haven't gotten much of a journey feel from GTA. I guess it really shows the matter of opinion haha

bleblanc10

Reaction score
Really? GTA seems more random, to me. I haven't gotten much of a journey feel from GTA. I guess it really shows the matter of opinion haha
Yea it really is opinion and in all fairness I have put a lot more time into GTA games than I have Saints Row games.

Susimi

Reaction score
I've played both and I seem to like both of them. I've played almost the whole GTA series but I only got into Saints Row with the third game and as I saw I like them both. GTA is a bit more on the realistic side of things while Saints Row seems to be the more crazy and loony of the two. I always think of Saints Row The Third as GTA IV but on steroids.

Both are seriously good fun to play.

Maelalove

Reaction score
Yea it really is opinion and in all fairness I have put a lot more time into GTA games than I have Saints Row games.
I think it's the same for me vice versa. I've definitely put more into Saints Row than GTA, although it's probably unfair of me. I tried some of the GTA games when I was younger, and one of them kind of left a bad taste in my mouth. I've watched people play the newer ones more than I have, so I should probably give it more of a chance, but personally Saints Row has just made a better mark on me haha

Kelly1

Reaction score
Evеry Sаints rоw gаmе аftеr 1 аnd 2 stоp giving а shit аbоut rеаlity (еspесiаlly thе fоurth gаmе) Sаints Rоw stаrtеd fосusing sоlеly оn bеing оvеr thе tоp асtiоn аnd соmеdy with а fun саst оf сhаrасtеrs. Sаints rоw 1 аnd 2 with its mоrе sеriоus stоry fеlt mоrе likе GTА аnd thаt's why pеоplе соmpаrе it tо GTА sо muсh but оnсе Sаints Rоw thе third саmе оut I think thаt's whеn it gоt its оwn idеntity
Sаints rоw is а gаmе whiсh triеd thе GTА fоrmulа аnd аlthоugh it wоrkеd wеll it nееdеd tо stаnd оut in its оwn wаy аnd it did in а wаy thаt аllоws yоu tо thrоw yоur brаin оut thе windоw аnd hаvе mindlеss fun sо if thеrе's аnyоnе whо lоvеs Sаints Rоw оvеr GTа its bесаusе оf thе strоngеr fееling оf еsсаpism аnd thеrе's nоthing wrоng with thаt

pwarbi

Reaction score
When comparing games directly, personally I prefer the GTA games over the Saint's Row ones even though I do enjoy both. As a full series of games though, I do think that there's a lot more to do in the GTA games and sometimes the Saint's Row games can be a little too far fetched. I know that's one of the attractions of games such as these, but for myself, I do prefer a little bit of realism and I think that's what GTA gives you.

Casiox

Reaction score
Well, when it comes to this kind of game I personally think that GTA is way better than Saints Row. I've never liked the Saint Rows series since the graphics, storyline and everything about it is definitely none of my kind so yes, I do not really like these, I'm a Rockstar Games fan and that ain't changing whatsoever.

camshaq23

Reaction score
Well GTA V has better graphics and everybody more prefer HD games than pixels not saying Saints Row if all pixels but you can see the difference in graphics with GTA V. On some levels though Saints Rows is more awesome like you get to create your own character. This might be the only best feature of the game but overall GTA V is better.

stephen caruso

Reaction score
Personally, I prefer GTA over Saints Row. Not only are the graphics better, but I feel that while playing GTA, you are given so much more freedom to do what you want. Also, I feel as though the interface on GTA is much easier to control and contributes to a better overall experience while playing GTA versus Saints Row. They are both great games but I have always been a fan of GTA.

john franklin

Reaction score
I love Grand Theft Auto rather than Saint Row. I love the graphics and visuals in the GTA and we have plenty of the things to do in this game. It is easy to control the character and it depends on your choice that what kind of mission you want to get done within this game.

Empire

Reaction score
Saints Row is built better and it's more stable then GTA4 and for the age it's also fun regards to GTA. However that being said that I#m more of an GTA person and so my vote goes to GTA.

Ipa07

Reaction score
For me personally,GTA is way better. Saints Row looks too much cartoonish and GTA is more realistic. You will laugh more in Saints Row because of the available weapons and in GTA it will look more like a real life.

jahanzeb ali qureshi

Reaction score
I am a crazy fan of GTA and addicted to playing this game. Saint Row does not seem realistic as GTA does. I have been playing GTA for 8 years and I want to keep on playing this. Currently waiting for a remake of old GTA versions.

Robbie626

Reaction score
Are both GTA and Saints Row the same type of game? I like GTA because of the realistic "feel" and graphics. Saint Row has the design of an early 2000 game design but has a better story than GTA though. I prefer GTA more because of a bigger map and the graphics.