• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Grand Theft Auto V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kino

Reaction score
Grand Theft Auto V (Xbox One)

Developer: Rockstar North
Platorms: PC/PS4/Xbox One/PS3/Xbox 360
Release Dates: November 18, 2014 (Next-gen versions)
Genre: Action-adventure

Review:

The Grand Theft Auto series is a series that we cannot seem to get enough of. From the first time I played Grand Theft Auto 3 on the original Xbox, to then Vice City, then San Andreas, and then the next big innovation in GTA history, Grand Theft Auto IV. This company is brilliant. They space out their products in such a time frame that by the time a new game is released we are super excited and ready for something new and exciting. Plus we know that is what we are going to get because we have waited so long for a Rockstar to come up with a game this massive.

Where to start. I guess we will start with the story mode and work out way through that.

The story begins with a very fascinating opening sequence which then leads into a "tutorial" on how to play the new game. Right from the get-go we are thrown into action with a bank robbery. I believe it sets a tone of how the game will progress and of course foreshadows the eventual "big" job final mission.

The controls seem to be the same as normal but improved in the same way. They seem rather flawless. The only thing I did not like is that the driving emergency brake changed from the A button to the RB button. I think it's annoying to hit RB when driving to use the E-brake but what are you going to do?

The story line itself is quite original. It seems a little of a mixture of a Vice City and San Andreas classic feel. You have Franklin, the African-American hoodlum trying to make it by. Then on the other spectrum you have Michael, clearly close to an Italian mobster who is absolutely loaded with cash. The two characters combine to make a rather dynamic duo in the game itself with crucial story plots. The third character Trevor is a typical white-thrash racist asshole. The three characters bring you three unique profiles and agendas that seem to come together so you get at least one person you can favor and use all of the time.

The story is strong, but the amount of time and missions it takes to complete the game could be longer. I miss the old games back in the day that just took forever to beat. However, that does not take away from the missions. The game does a very nice job of giving each character independence but interdependence on one another. You get your independent missions for each character. For Franklin you see missions of him trying to get by and helping his friends. Michael's side missions include his passion of filmography and his family. Trevor's missions include ones where he tries to expand his Trevor Phillips Enterprises. They all come together nicely making the game an absolutely enjoyable play through.

The multiplayer is quite unique too. Rockstar Expanded their open-world from GTA IV and made it even better. You can have your own apartment, cars, and garages. On top of that it is the same world from single player and you can travel anywhere and do whatever you want. You can kill other players, compete in death matches and/or races, and you can do heists (which took them forever to add to the game).

The heists I think is what people were waiting for the most. There are only 5 so far, but they each seem to be quite fun. The only downfall to these is that the lobbies get very glitchy at times and when you try to get a four man team to do the heist, either the lobby crashes or you just cannot get enough players. The best way I found is to get three other friends together and go heist to heist to earn all of your money.

The games ranking system is fair and I think it's rather easy to make money to purchase all of your needs.

Overall, this game is a solid game with some flaws (like any game) but mostly positives. Both single and multiplayer are enjoyable, the story is good, the fun you have online is no other, and of course the fluidity of the game is zero to none.

I would recommend this to anyone on any system.

Graphics: 10/10
Story: 8/10
Online: 7/10
Game Overall: 9/10

Scholarkin

Reaction score
I don't like adventure games. As much as I used the Grand Theft game to break this jinx, it never worked.
But everything about the game is first Class. A master piece.
Cheers!

Gladdy

Reaction score
Probably the second or third best from the GTA franchise. The first is still GTA: San Andreas but GTA V is absolutely amazing. I only have it on Xbox 360 so I guess I never got to experience the outstanding graphics and whatnot but damn, I enjoyed the singleplayer storyline so much. The characters are really interesting, diverse, each one offers something different.

My favorite is still Travis though. I love switching over to him just to see what he is doing - most often times he's either passed out or throwing up in the bin.

Even when you finish all of the offline things and side activities it's really easy to switch over to the online world. Now that's a whole new experience. I love Rockstar Games for constantly updating and fixing the online mode. They are so kind and give us free DLC's almost every month. It shows what an amazing company they are and that they truly care. I have so much fun playing online with my friends and cruising around the town... or race and beat their asses :p

binaryteck

Reaction score
Even though, i don't like this game but everything about it is a masterpiece. good design and terrific graphic

Status
Not open for further replies.