• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Future Jobs

Gray

Gray
Retired Staff
Reaction score
This thread is to be kinda serious. Non serious posts, or rude posts on this thread will be deleted.

Now, soon enough I will be heading to Univeristy... So far I plan on studying Doctor of Medicine, and getting a degree, I also plan on learning more about technology, but more on the Military side as in High school I've learned only how to code for computers.

Now for the job I want:
http://www.forces.ca/en/job/medicalofficer-50#wtd

Yes yes, if you actually readed the whole thing, good job. But I'll make it simple. Canadian Military offers a lot of money to people who have a medical background already, and even still offer a lot if you don't. The reasons why I would rather learn and get my degree in medicines is so that I can:

1) Possibly make more money.
2) Get training done faster.

Without a medical degree it would take 4 years which is something I'm not fond of to be honest, that's why I rather learn before joining. I don't plan on joining as soon as I turn 17 as I still have stuff to explore before going full out.... Back on topic of training time, If I have my degree already it will take me possibly only 2 years for Officer training aswell as for BMT (Basic Military Training).

Another thing about this is... I have to learn French.. Well- I don't have to, but it looks better aswell can provide to be useful in the future. I dropped French this year to get a different course for a change meaning my last years in high school I will have to learn as much as I can or take online courses.

Now I'm not gonna ramble on much about military stuff but another reason I want this job is because if I do make it in, I can be stationed possibly if I request, to the nearby military base that I hear tanks from the base firing at the water every month.

Last: if this goes wrong and I don't like it, as another course in University I can learn more about Buisness and possibly just work as an office worker or a manager of a Buisness (Not Walmart)

Anyways, tell me what you guys think and what you wanna do in your future.

@The Fezz
Teach me more Medical stoof

The Fezz

EMT/Firefighter
Reaction score
That's awesome that you want to do something Medical!
I plan on going for Nursing in college. I would hope to work in an ER/Trauma Facility, or as a MICN or a Fight Nurse. (Maybe all of these!)

My advice to you: Join a rescue/first aid squad. I don't know how that works with you guys in Canada, but I think you have everything as Paramedics and not EMTs. But either way, working as a first responder in an Ambulance, will GREATLY help you with your future in Medicine. It gives you the ability to see what is like to deal with patients before they get to the hospital/definitive care facility.

I really do recommend you look into something like that where you live or where ever you go to college as sometimes Colleges have their own EMS department.

Fordo

Reaction score
In my state, by the year 2020, workers at McDonald's and other fast food restaurants will be making a smooth $15/per hour wage. #Progress

Gray

Gray
Retired Staff
Reaction score
My advice to you: Join a rescue/first aid squad. I don't know how that works with you guys in Canada, but I think you have everything as Paramedics and not EMTs. But either way, working as a first responder in an Ambulance, will GREATLY help you with your future in Medicine. It gives you the ability to see what is like to deal with patients before they get to the hospital/definitive care facility.

I really do recommend you look into something like that where you live or where ever you go to college as sometimes Colleges have their own EMS department.
Well, currently for my age group and a one year up, there's a thing, kinda like a camp, where they teach Medical Procedures and how to do many other things such as running machinery in an hospital, or to go under basic surgerys/procedures. I may be going to this camp this summer..

And as you said about the EMT and such, we don't really have that here. We have EMS of course but not EMT. So the camp also allows you to work inside a hospital during the summer as a Doctors Assitant. So really that's the only thing I can do except taking First aid classes.

And Ye, if the Univeristy I go to has a EMS department on site then I might apply as a part time job there, as the Univerity does a ton of sports events often.

The Fezz

EMT/Firefighter
Reaction score
Well, currently for my age group and a one year up, there's a thing, kinda like a camp, where they teach Medical Procedures and how to do many other things such as running machinery in an hospital, or to go under basic surgerys/procedures. I may be going to this camp this summer..

And as you said about the EMT and such, we don't really have that here. We have EMS of course but not EMT. So the camp also allows you to work inside a hospital during the summer as a Doctors Assitant. So really that's the only thing I can do except taking First aid classes.

And Ye, if the Univeristy I go to has a EMS department on site then I might apply as a part time job there, as the Univerity does a ton of sports events often.
That camp sounds Fucking awesome