• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

FIFA 12 Review

22_22

Reaction score
Review of [Game Name]
By [22_22]​
Date: [Wednesday 1st August 2012]​

Game Information
Software: This review is for the Xbox 360.​
Company: EA Sports​
Release Date: 27th September US and 30th September for everyone else. This is 2011.​

Introduction
FIFA 12 is a football (soccer for the Americans) game based on the real world sport.

Getting Started

When you load the game up for the first time you have to select your favourite team (you can change this at time) and the team you select will earn points when you play games or win a trophy, etc. Then you can check in the leaderboards which club is most supported. Well which fans play FIFA the most. :p

Once you have gone past that you will see the practice arena where you can play the console 1v1, you can also select to be the goalkeeper if you want to. You can have a practice game offline where you can select how many players you would like to play against say 11v1 for example which would give you a full team while the console only has the goalkeeper of maybe a defender aswell. You can also practice your set pieces like corners and free kicks and set your own custom set pieces to make sure you utilise the set piece play in game.

If you press the start button you will see the main menu where you will find many game modes such as Exhibition match, (offline play, single matches so no story line to them but they do keep count somewhere.) Career mode (offline play but has a storyline behind it where you go through life building your team, behind the manager and playing the game too) H2H seasons, (online play, which is more realistic but not as popular as you don't see Heskey scoring 30 yarders. :p) Ultimate Team (the main area of FIFA for all you people who prefer online game play) and you will also find the settings etc.

Game Play

I actually got into the review so much I mentioned a lot of it above. I will mention it here now, simples. :p

Ultimate Team - Best play for online, unrealistic mode which makes it fun as you score a lot of goals with people who might not pull it off in real life.

H2H Divisions - Good story behind it as you must choose real teams instead of building your 'ultimate team' and you start at division 10 working your way up to division one by playing 10 games a season (the points needed for you to be promoted get higher and higher as you progress up the divisions) you can also be relegated too if you don't accumulate enough points.

Friendlies - Just like H2H divisions, same game play and theory but there are no promotions or relegations. Just a trophy that says you beat your mate over 10 games. It will also say how many times you played each other, the scores and the previous winners.

Pro Clubs - You make your own player and watch him progress while playing online with mates on the same team. You can also enter him into career mode or none ranked matches against friends.

Team Play - Same game play has H2H Divisions. (realistic) Alot of people choose 2V2 mode on team play which means if you both choose ANY you will be on the same team and every time you make a pass your mate will be on the receiving end. It is good fun when you find a good partner to play it with you. ;)

Exhibition Match - Best for playing against a mate in the real world or just simply playing a match against the console with no story to it so when you have played the game, that is it.

Career Mode - Offline play - Build your team while playing matches, date and times are involved too. It's just like the real world but you are playing the game.

Graphics
There is a special feature where they take photos of players and put them into the game do big players and teams like Barcelona, Real Madrid etc, all there players look realistic and exactly like them but they do not look so realistic with lesser teams like League 2 teams, Younger players or players not so known.

Re-Play Value
I never get bored of this game. There are so many game modes to keep you going if you do get bored. If you are good at the game and make multiple teams (ultimate team) then I doubt you will ever get bored of it. It is an amazing game and is still fun to this day. :)

Other Information
I don't really have much else to say but if you ever want to play me at FIFA 12 my gamertag Is AstonVilla81.

Overall Rating
5!

Hidden308

Reaction score
Pretty good review 22_22. I'll give this review a rating of 7.

Hidden308

Reaction score
Thank you. :)

What did you like/dislike about it?

Well.. I mean giving alot of information about a game is good. I would though like to see screenshots ingame (which can be provided in the 'graphics' part of the review) other than that was the only thing I disliked. :p

22_22

Reaction score
Well.. I mean giving alot of information about a game is good. I would though like to see screenshots ingame (which can be provided in the 'graphics' part of the review) other than that was the only thing I disliked. :p

I didn't realise that was included. :p

What sort of pictures? I should take a few myself or google images? :p

Hidden308

Reaction score
I didn't realise that was included. :p

What sort of pictures? I should take a few myself or google images? :p

You can take them yourself or even just google them either way really works.

lastt666

Reaction score
Nice review:) , could have given career mode a bit more of a shout out regarding its features though.

22_22

Reaction score
Nice review:) , could have given career mode a bit more of a shout out regarding its features though.

I totally forgot you played career mode. :p How's that going for you?

What would you rate this review out of 10? :p

Zawazuki

Reaction score
Pretty good review. I'm assuming that the rating scale is 0-5? If so, I knew that this was coming from a hardcore soccer player, so I knew that you would rate it high. :p

22_22

Reaction score
Pretty good review. I'm assuming that the rating scale is 0-5? If so, I knew that this was coming from a hardcore soccer player, so I knew that you would rate it high. :p

Yup, my overall rating is out of 5 and I am a huge football fan. :)

Zawazuki

Reaction score
Yup, my overall rating is out of 5 and I am a huge football fan. :)

I have never played a soccer game. Mainly for the hatred of the sport. :p I think I may have to give one of the games a try sometime.

22_22

Reaction score
I have never played a soccer game. Mainly for the hatred of the sport. :p I think I may have to give one of the games a try sometime.

Oh, I see.

You might want to buy one of the old FIFA games, see if you like it first or something. :p

The way of defending has changed so much since FIFA 11 though. ;)

lastt666

Reaction score

I totally forgot you played career mode. :p How's that going for you?

What would you rate this review out of 10? :p
Well I have 10 career modes but my chelsea one is my fave one (8 seasons in :geek:) I noticed that you were playing cm as well with qpr :finger: , how did that turn out?
Out of 10 I shall give it a 7.5, to score more maybe add a bit more detail and say how it has improved fromthe previou game and whether it's worth the money (not that it matters to me as I torrent my games:barefoot::geek:

22_22

Reaction score
Well I have 10 career modes but my chelsea one is my fave one (8 seasons in :geek:) I noticed that you were playing cm as well with qpr :finger: , how did that turn out?
Out of 10 I shall give it a 7.5, to score more maybe add a bit more detail and say how it has improved fromthe previou game and whether it's worth the money (not that it matters to me as I torrent my games:barefoot::geek:

I'm in 2017 with QPR and I have a good team, I bought all the younger players who have developed well. :)

lastt666

Reaction score
2017:eek: I didn't think you played cm that much! Who are your best youngsters?

lastt666

Reaction score
That'd be sick :D I have courtois as my gk 87 overall such a legend:borg:

lastt666

Reaction score
Yeah he is, he's stats are 81 handling, 93 diving, 70 kicking, 82 positiong and 94 reflexes :D