• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Favourite CMS

Azareal

Reaction score
I've used quite a few content management systems before like Joomla (this was so irritating to mod, that I just gave up and wrote my own custom software) and Wordpress.

My favourite would generally be Wordpress though.
What's your favourite CMS?

MrCreaper69

Reaction score
I like wordpress however I think I would much prefer to code my own version. :p

Azareal

Reaction score
MrCreaper69 said:
I like wordpress however I think I would much prefer to code my own version. :p
Problem with Joomla is that they try to overcomplicate everything. :p

MrCreaper69

Reaction score
Yeah, I have given up with the CMS's to be honest, they are generally terrible in my opinion and lack the amount and ability of customisation. :(

Azareal

Reaction score
MrCreaper69 said:
Yeah, I have given up with the CMS's to be honest, they are generally terrible in my opinion and lack the amount and ability of customisation. :(
Wordpress isn't too bad but, it really lacks functionality as it's more of a blog than a CMS.
While Joomla feels like something which you'd be going through a big manual to admin and an extended course to modify.

RAND0M1ZER

Reaction score
Azareal said:
MrCreaper69 said:
Wordpress isn't too bad but, it really lacks functionality as it's more of a blog than a CMS.
While Joomla feels like something which you'd be going through a big manual to admin and an extended course to modify.

I use Wordpress for a lot of sites also but I really hope they add more features in later version for people who want to use it more like a CMS. Like the ability to sort pages in more advanced ways.