• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Favorite RPG game?

Hidden308

Reaction score
What is your most favorite rpg game that you have ever played?

I guess mine would be Mass Effect 3. :p

Sylar

General Manager
Reaction score
KOTOR. Even though it was annoying as hell, and I never actually beat it, I loved it :p

lunarsilkdragon

Reaction score
Mass Effect 3? Ugh. That game had literally no soul whatsoever.
The one RPG I would recommend everyone to play is Gothic 2. I have never been as immersed in a game as I was when I played that.

TheArticulate

Reaction score
KOTOR. Even though it was annoying as hell, and I never actually beat it, I loved it :p
Phenomenal game, and now that I see your answer, I'm tempted to change my answer! I'll give honorary mention to KOTOR because I enjoyed it so much, but I think I spent most of my early days grinding away Dungeon Siege 2. I think it was my first rated M game, as well. Good times!

dap1900

Reaction score
I am recalling the name right, the game is Torment Tide of Numenera. This game has a very good story progression. Your choices made within the game affects possible future choices, or paths of the storyline. The battle system is turn-based, many say its battle system isn't that good, but I really don't care about that. I care more about the storyline that this game offers for you to make your own story.

Gladdy

Reaction score
Nobody mentioned Skyrim? well, all of the Elder Scrolls franchise. Skyrim and Oblivion are my favorites. You can play these games every day, all day and still have things to do. You have such a big world to explore, filled with little secrets and things that keep amazing you. Highly customizable characters, awesome variety of classes to play, ...

Just be careful about getting an arrow to your knee.

It's incredible how good Bethesda are at making RPG's (the Fallout series too). A mile above most companies.

Sino989

Reaction score
I'd have to say to that my favorite RPG game would have to Metal Gear Solid. I love the fact the you are to play the missions you want to. If you want to play them stealthy then you can, if you don't, then you don't have to.

StolenKid

Reaction score
The Mass Effect games are my favorite RPGs, also Final Fantasy VII.

Makef0rt

Reaction score
Without a doubt, Witcher 3. Hell, their DLCs had more story and stuff included than some self standing titles. CDRP is just brilliant with their work.

Denis_P

Reaction score
My favorite RPG has to be a tossup between The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion and Fallout 3. I love them both for the same reason, for me the atmosphere and immersion of both games are unparalleled. In Oblivion, the music and environment blend seamlessly into a beautiful, immersive experience. Many times I'd find myself just wandering through forests as if I were taking a stroll through the park, listening to the wonderful soundtrack. Few games immersed me as deeply.

Then there is Fallout 3 which is far less beautiful but equally as immersive. The subtle soundtrack and the feeling of complete desolation as you walk through the wasteland is both haunting and peaceful in a unique way. I play RPGs for immersion, and few games do it better than these two.

missionreport

Reaction score
Well right now it's the Witcher 3. But what really got me into the rpg genre was final fantasy 7 and I'm sure, nobody would like to argue about that. A few years ago before the Witcher 3, my favorite rpg game was the original Dragon Age games. Unfortunately, this game went into a downward spiral with it's following releases. I'm not sure if the new DA was as good as the originals I haven't played them yet but I sense there isn't much story to it.

SerSlavos

Reaction score
Mass Effect, but the original trilogy. I like the second one the most. I also love Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, it was the first RPG I ever played and I enjoyed it very much. It is a coincidence though that both games come from Bioware :D but hey, they used to be a good company, now, not that much.

Makef0rt

Reaction score
Mass Effect, but the original trilogy. I like the second one the most. I also love Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, it was the first RPG I ever played and I enjoyed it very much. It is a coincidence though that both games come from Bioware :D but hey, they used to be a good company, now, not that much.

Yeah, the second title of ME was the best in the series. Third title might have been a great game if they didn't rush it and ruin the ending by making it their choice, not yours (Because, ultimately, that was their intention with it).

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I never played the Mass Effect franchise because I was never really a fan of space, future themes, and aliens. I prefer the sword and shield, with magic and dragons to boot. So of course, my favorite role playing game is Skyrim. Logged nearly a thousand hours there over the years, and sometimes I still start a new game just for fun. Too bad the tutorial and beginning area takes too long that I just get bored pretty quickly.

BatmanWayne

Reaction score
I love the Dark Souls franchise, I love the way that all the bosses and enemies try to get to you and are the real protagonists of the games, also there are a lot of ways to attack in these game, it is so extensive that the game test you to see if you are good to play it. I love the way that the game causes the terror on the gamer.

thart

Reaction score
well here are my top 5 in no particular order. i see that nothing since the PS2 gen has blown me away. bad sign for me.
-chrono trigger
-suikoden 2
-dragon quext
-knights of the old republic
-final fantasy

kenoobie

Reaction score
I played Skyrim and really fell in love with the game. The world is massive and I really took my time playing the game exploring everything I could. There are many things to do like crafting, housing and exploring the massive world. I know I easily clocked in over 200 hours in the game as I would play the game almost everyday.

WarVet

Reaction score
Nobody mentioned Skyrim? well, all of the Elder Scrolls franchise. Skyrim and Oblivion are my favorites. You can play these games every day, all day and still have things to do. You have such a big world to explore, filled with little secrets and things that keep amazing you. Highly customizable characters, awesome variety of classes to play, ...

Just be careful about getting an arrow to your knee.

It's incredible how good Bethesda are at making RPG's (the Fallout series too). A mile above most companies.

Definitely! What I like most about their games is that you can write your own game. It's like you are the developer and can write anything that will happen. From the path, you take to the equipment you wear and the faction you join is completely up tp YOU. Some people don't like it because they feel overwhelmed by a number of things you can do and it is true but I for one love it.