• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Favorite PS2 Game?

Guardian

Reaction score
It was inevitable. :p

So, what was your favorite PS2 game?

I don't have a favorite in particular but some of my favorites were Medal of Honor: Frontline, Dirt to Daytona, and GTA Vice City.

Scion

Reaction score
Never really played many PS2 games, only played at cousin's house I enjoyed the first Kingdom Hearts and Shrek Super Slam but those probably were crappy and I haven't played enough to get a good feel for the games

Toxique

MOTM
Reaction score
I played kingdom hearts and that was it.

Zahreah

Reaction score
Would have to be GTA Vice City and Medal of Honor also.
Probably hundreds of hours on GTA :D

Cody

Reaction score
My favorite PS2 game was SOCOM: Combined Assault

Slash

Reaction score
MX Unleashed
Madden 09
Motocross Mania
NASCAR 08
Splinter Cell

robertson123

Reaction score
Its got to be final fantasy 10 the graphics are amazing and the game well play it youself and see you will see what i mean:)

john franklin

Reaction score
I love the GTA Vice City. I use to play it every other day. I found it very interesting and I think it is the best game on PS2. It is the most realistic game I ever played and I never got bored of playing it.

missionreport

Reaction score
When the ps2 came out, it was gamer heaven. A lot of new ideas were generated from that era. For example : Naruto Shippuuden and metal devil may cry 3 which were later expounded upon when the ps3 came out. My favorite game during the time was, metal gear solid snake eater.

jahanzeb ali qureshi

Reaction score
I love to play Need For Speed on PS2. I bought it many years ago and I still play it for many hours during the day. Another one is GTA as it has been the most favorite game for all console. These are the best games that I ever played on PS2.

Denis_P

Reaction score
Given that the PlayStation 2 pretty much has the best gaming library of any console released, this obviously makes for a super hard decision. But if I could only ever play one game from the PS2 era, I would have to choose Metal Gear Solid 3, particularly the Subsistence version. I'm a huge fan of the series and I personally feel that MGS3 was not only Hideo Kojima's crowning achievement, but that it was also the pinnacle of gaming at the time. From the amazing cutscenes, to the melding of stealth and survival gameplay elements, to the graphics which managed to push the limits of the PS2, it's just an overall amazing game.

overcast

Reaction score
It had some of the good game in the market. Games such as metal gear solid, sonic and few others. In fact some of the games from other consoles were ported to the PS2 this way. I have noticed that in fact during that time it had the most games worth playing.But for me I played some very limited sets on it.

arachnophobik

Reaction score
Mine would be God of War 2. I thought it was amazing, and pretty much redefined storytelling in gaming history. The cutscenes were amazing, but the gameplay was even better. The motions were fluid and there's little cutscenes you could do when hitting a certain mob or boss. The camera angles in the game made it feel like I was watching a movie, a very good one too.

luispas

Reaction score
I have to say (if I remember well) my favorite Playstation 2 game was and is Digimon Rumble Arena 2, I also founded for emulator a couple of years ago, so you can imagine that I love the game.
It's fight game but it's very very funny, it's kind of like Smash Bros, it has fun and powerful characters and I spend so many time playing it with one brother and one cousin.

Pixie06

Reaction score
The real loved the FIFA game. It was the best PS2 according to me. At that time I was an ardent fan of football too. I really loved the soundtrack in the game. This game is very challenging and exciting. I really enjoyed playing it with my friends. The graphics were good too.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Kingdom Hearts 2 probably? Only because I can still play old PS2 games in emulators, but I have never tried to play Kingdom Hearts 2 again since my PS2 died. I don't know why, but it's probably because it takes a long time for the prologue to finish that I get bored halfway through, even before the real fighting begins. San Andreas is up there too, but I still play the game from time to time. It's on my Steam as well as on a disc, so it's never been away from my PC for long.

Westbay

Reaction score
My favorite PS2 game was God of War, i liked that game a lot Kratus was just filled with rage he's always angry and he sure could fight I played both part one and two on the PS2 console it was a great game.

overcast

Reaction score
I came across lot of players who played digimon. But honestly I had no access to that game. So not much aware of how much good it was. Though I played other jaapnese variations of the game. But digimon is something I have not tried. I also tried donkey kong on console. And it was not that bad.

zeedollar

Reaction score
I played lots of games on PS2 but the one a i always kept going back to was Pro Evolution Soccer and Resident Evil, love those game alot. But i no longer own a PS2 anymore, i have moved to better advanced stuffs.

valy

Reaction score
Hi, Guardian, my favorite PS2 game is Metal Gear Solid 2 because this game is complex and it challenges us in every minute of the game. The plot of the game and the experience for the player are one in the same, to be more exactly.....human control.