• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Favorite music from which game?

Hidden308

Reaction score
Which game has your most favorite music?

I like the music from Diablo III's beta and World of Warcraft at this time. No doubt I'll like the Guild Wars music better than those though.

arachnophobik

Reaction score
Definitely the soundtrack for Command and Conquer: Red Alert 2. I believe that the official title for the song is Hell March 2, and I also believe that it's the best version of hell march in the series. Hell March 1 was good but Hell March 2 felt more aggressive and I liked how it plays while the cutscene was playing. Hell March 3 was not too good for me, I find it very soft, nevertheless, Red Alert 3 was also a pretty decent game.

Gladdy

Reaction score
Damn, this is one old thread but hey, here we go :)

My favorite music mainly comes from two games: Metal Gear Solid series (especially the Snake Eater and it's opening theme song) and the Final Fantasy franchise. The Final Fantasy soundtracks are just so amazing and memorable - I bet half of the people still remember the battle songs from the FF7 and so on. They really know how to make great music for video games and they never fail to amaze me. The MGS series as well, top of the notch soundtracks. Their theme songs are often the best. Coincidentally, both are produced by Japanese people!

Javo1096

Reaction score
I love all the music that comes from The Legend Of Zelda series, starting with the boss fight tunes and even the background music for when you are traversing the Hyrule Field it's really impressive.

SpitfireMase

Reaction score
I enjoy the Music in the Witcher games. It's new remixes of old East European hymns and chants to match the tone of the game. It feels appropriate and it's exciting to play with that music during combat.

NotCasual

Reaction score
Assassin's Creed II. I love listening to its soundtrack while studying... It's soothing, exciting, but best of all I find that it's just great instrumental music overall that belongs in a high budget movie. Somehow I missed all these qualities of the soundtrack while actually playing the game though... I was probably distracted by the excellence of the game itself :D

WarVet

Reaction score
Many games have excellent soundtracks but two of them have a special place in my heart, both from the MGS series. the first one is Snake Eater from MGS3. And the second one is "A Phantom pain" from MGS5. It was written by Ludvig Forssell especially for the game. The lyrics are so well thought and they remind me of a period in my life in which I felt EXACTLY like that. A phantom pain. So there it goes.

Makef0rt

Reaction score
Ah, I cant really recall all the music I have liked, but Metro series surely had some nice songs. Cabal, another good example, they had some really nice instrumentals. Oh, right, Killing Floor! They had some sick backing tracks which made killing mutants way more enjoyable. Just few of examples that came to my mind.

Cendrillon

Reaction score
While this isn't the actual song, there's this piano rendition I love:

It brings back such lovely memories, not to mention that I agree with most comments, it does bring tears to your eyes over how beautiful it sounds.
I just love me some piano covers, what a treat ❤

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score

The Kaer Morhen music from the Witcher 3 is very relaxing. It makes you feel at home, and since it's played on the parts of the game where you don't combat bandits or supernatural wraiths, the game really makes you feel like this music is on a safe area where you can just roam around and enjoy the scenery. No jobs, no monster hunting, no end of the world prophecies. Just relax, have a fishing trip, take a walk, ride your horse. Relax now because the rest of the game won't let you.

Jonathan Solomon

Reaction score
Assassin's Creed II and Grand Theft Auto: IV. For me, to have an in-game radio is really important to the overall enjoyment of gameplay. When a gaming title is backed by an excellent selection of music, it just makes the game that much more pleasurable. Otherwise, I have to create my own soundtrack which can be frustrating at times.

TheArticulate

Reaction score
I have a huge soft spot for the soundtrack to Oblivion. It was the first Elder Scrolls game I played, and I spent a lot of my later years in high school grinding through Cyrodiil before Skyrim came out. Anymore, the soundtrack has such a nostalgic feeling for me, and always makes me want to go back and play the game again.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Assassin's Creed II and Grand Theft Auto: IV. For me, to have an in-game radio is really important to the overall enjoyment of gameplay. When a gaming title is backed by an excellent selection of music, it just makes the game that much more pleasurable. Otherwise, I have to create my own soundtrack which can be frustrating at times.
Got any songs in mind for GTA 4? It's all a blur to me. The soundtrack of San Andreas I can remember easily - song per song - but GTA 4 doesn't really ring any bell. I kinda remember the Russian (?) song that plays after Roman picks you up from the ship, but that's about it. In fact, I don't even recall any of the talk shows from the radio.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I have a huge soft spot for the soundtrack to Oblivion. It was the first Elder Scrolls game I played, and I spent a lot of my later years in high school grinding through Cyrodiil before Skyrim came out. Anymore, the soundtrack has such a nostalgic feeling for me, and always makes me want to go back and play the game again.
I liked Skyrim's theme. Nordic warriors singing like a choir praising the prophecy of the dragonborn. Now THAT is an epic song to get hyped up when you are facing a dragon in your adventures. I think it's also the song that plays during the final battle, which is fitting since it's the song in the beginning, and you get the taste of victory at the end.

PenguinManiac

Reaction score
This feels like cheating to me, but Super Smash Bros' soundtrack never fails to pump me up (Brawl and 3DS/Wii U are especially mind-blowing). There are tracks of all genres and for all tastes, and all the remixes are top-notch.
Still, if I had to pick a single track, I'd have to go with Stickerbrush Symphony. There's something about it that gives me a huge nostalgia vibe, and it always puts a smile on my face, somehow. I'm yet to realize what makes it so amazing.

Denis_P

Reaction score
I really like the main theme from the Metal Gear Solid series, and Hideo Kojima has always been a genius at choosing the soundtracks for each game. However, if I were to pick my all time favorite, it would have to be the soundtrack from The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. It is a masterpiece, in my opinion. The battle music feels epic and exciting, while the exploration music is relaxing and perfect for wandering.

Every time I go on hikes through a forest I listen to the slow tracks off of the soundtrack, and it adds so much to the experience.

overcast

Reaction score
I think Silent Hill and Resident Evil has the best soundtrack. I think most of the good soundtracks are also in God of War and DarkSiders. I think some of the good battle scores are also in those two games. I have found that favorite music from these games are indeed worth checking out if you are into gaming.

Pixie06

Reaction score
I really loved the soundtrack from Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance. I found the style of the music to be quite different. The music was like dragging me and making me more addictive to this game. The composers did a great job.

valy

Reaction score
I love all the music that comes from Red Dead redemption the western game, i am sure you heard about it even if you haven't played yet. This game won the Best Original Music and Best Voice Acting awards. In my opinion it is one of the best games with an original sount track!

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Definitely the soundtrack for Command and Conquer: Red Alert 2. I believe that the official title for the song is Hell March 2, and I also believe that it's the best version of hell march in the series. Hell March 1 was good but Hell March 2 felt more aggressive and I liked how it plays while the cutscene was playing. Hell March 3 was not too good for me, I find it very soft, nevertheless, Red Alert 3 was also a pretty decent game.

It gets you hyped up for a game. Not even most games today can truly capture the soundtrack of their opening cinematic. That first movie from Red Alert 2 gets you hyped as hell to play it. The music sets the tone for the entire game, even for people who haven't played it. That's how you pick the right music. It gets everyone to play your game.