• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Favorite Game Mod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylar

General Manager
Reaction score
What's your favorite game mod you have downloaded from the steam workshop?

Not sure if this counts, but so far my favorite mod has been HoxHud for Payday 2

Guardian

Reaction score
Lux Invicta for Crusader Kings II.
After The End is a good one too. Also for CKII.

AmenoKaji

Reaction score
Favorite mod on Garry's mod is Suicide Barrels. I originally saw a video for this and was laughing my butt off, holy crap its such a fun game for such a simple concept. With barrels exploding on the human players and slowly converting them into more barrels, the game gets really intense when you're the last person a live and you have like 15+ barrels chasing you down lmao.

Ahab

Reaction score
Deus Ex Revision. It's a total overhaul (both in graphics and in design) mod for the very first Deus Ex game that changes little bits and pieces of the entire campaign without altering the core structure of the experience. The only real problem is that I don't like the new music they made, but you can choose to put the old soundtrack back in. It's a must for fans of the game that already know it by hand.

Avex

Founding Member
Reaction score
My favourite gamemode would be JailBreak for Counter-Strike, it's always fun being warden and even more fun rebelling and ruining the fun for the warden haha.

Sylar

General Manager
Reaction score
My favourite gamemode would be JailBreak for Counter-Strike, it's always fun being warden and even more fun rebelling and ruining the fun for the warden haha.
Awesome! But this is for game mods. Does counter strike have any mods you really like?

lunarsilkdragon

Reaction score
That's a hard one...I can't quite remember the name now. But there is a graphical and user interface overhaul mod for Gothic 2. Gothic is one of my favorite game series ever, but the games have really started to show their age in the graphics and controls department. That mod ups the graphiclevel and introduces some changes to the controls to bring it more in line with modern standards.

gkillian

Reaction score
Long War for the newer XCOM games, hands down. The first one was an amazing technical achievement simply because XCOM 2012 wasn't designed to be modded. That gave it a lot of issues, but it really helped flesh out and deepen the core game (which was, in all honestly, centered around getting one particular class good enough to steamroll the game even on the hardest difficulties. Success or failure hinged entirely on that factor).

Long War 2 is also an incredible deepening of the experience and executed much better due to the native mod support.

WarVet

Reaction score
Civ 5 Mod that Add Soviet Union into the game. It features it's own unique units and advantages like doubles strategic resources. Feels so real to associate the ideology thing with the actual state the implemented it.

CBL28

Reaction score
Basically any Civilization V mod. I prefer the mods that add civilizations, such as the Code Geass mod or the Tokyo-3 civilization. However, the ICBM mod and the Less Warmonger Hate mod are both essentials. The ICBM mod completely changes how nuclear missiles work in the game. The LWH mod actually lets me start wars and capture cities without the entire world turning on me.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I honestly don't touch mods unless they fix bugs or errors in the game. That's pretty much it. In Skyrim, I see people with anime faces, with lightsabers, etc; I for one am a supporter of vanilla storylines. If it's not vanilla, I'm not touching it. If it's not lore-friendly, I'm not getting it. If it makes the game easier - so easy that a complete newbie can finish the game with it - then I'm not taking it. It's that simple, since I have this mentality that immersion/lore-breaking items do not belong anywhere near the games I'm playing.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Basically any Civilization V mod. I prefer the mods that add civilizations, such as the Code Geass mod or the Tokyo-3 civilization. However, the ICBM mod and the Less Warmonger Hate mod are both essentials. The ICBM mod completely changes how nuclear missiles work in the game. The LWH mod actually lets me start wars and capture cities without the entire world turning on me.
I play Civilization 5 as well, and I see the mods when I browse on Steam. I think most of the mods that add countries and civilizations are either extremely overpowered or incredibly biased towards whatever play style the modder was favoring. So as much as I'd love to play those on the featured list, I'd rather stick with the base game since those are monitored by the game devs and would make updates or patches if they ever see errors or imbalance problems when playing.

WarVet

Reaction score

Oh, could you please prove me a link to those? Been around for a while I cannot recall seeing those.mods. Do seem like a nice idea.

PenguinManiac

Reaction score
I did install a few mods for new weapons/equipment for Skyrim and Fallout 3, and they're nice and fun, but none of them really struck me (although I've heard that huge Skyrim expansion has been released, I should give it a shot). However, there's no way around the fact that I would have stopped playing Skyrim if it weren't for the "Spiders Begone" mod. I'm arachnophobic and I installed it right away. A lifesaver.
On a similar fashion, DSFix is top-notch (if it counts as a mod). It made Dark Souls playable for me, and it's great to enhance graphics on powerful machines. This is the kind of mods I love, honestly.

WarVet

Reaction score
I did install a few mods for new weapons/equipment for Skyrim and Fallout 3, and they're nice and fun, but none of them really struck me (although I've heard that huge Skyrim expansion has been released, I should give it a shot). However, there's no way around the fact that I would have stopped playing Skyrim if it weren't for the "Spiders Begone" mod. I'm arachnophobic and I installed it right away. A lifesaver.
On a similar fashion, DSFix is top-notch (if it counts as a mod). It made Dark Souls playable for me, and it's great to enhance graphics on powerful machines. This is the kind of mods I love, honestly.

Wow, your phobia runs so deep that you wouldn't have played the game if not for the mod? I know there are lots of Skyrim mods out there and the last one I would have considered to download would be this one. Nice to know you were able to enjoy such a great game though.

PenguinManiac

Reaction score
Wow, your phobia runs so deep that you wouldn't have played the game if not for the mod? I know there are lots of Skyrim mods out there and the last one I would have considered to download would be this one. Nice to know you were able to enjoy such a great game though.
I know it sounds weird to mention this out of all mods, but it really can't be helped, ahahah. I can only handle it if I'm around other people or if I'm playing with headphones off and on a distant screen, and none of these requirements are met when I'm playing in front of a PC. Those damned monstrosities are fast, and quick movements scare the living soul out of me. They just seem to run towards your screen and then they get closer and bigger aND HOW DID IT GET SO CLOSE GET IT OFF ME
The fact is, you meet them very early on, and thankfully I came to know about it from playing the game during a free weekend: then I googled and I found that mod. That's what convinced me to buy the game.

WarVet

Reaction score
I know it sounds weird to mention this out of all mods, but it really can't be helped, ahahah. I can only handle it if I'm around other people or if I'm playing with headphones off and on a distant screen, and none of these requirements are met when I'm playing in front of a PC. Those damned monstrosities are fast, and quick movements scare the living soul out of me. They just seem to run towards your screen and then they get closer and bigger aND HOW DID IT GET SO CLOSE GET IT OFF ME
The fact is, you meet them very early on, and thankfully I came to know about it from playing the game during a free weekend: then I googled and I found that mod. That's what convinced me to buy the game.

HAHA yeah. Also, Skyrim is graphically very well made. It adds to the feeling :( Does the spiders in the game get replaced by something else? Another animal? Or they just disappear completely? Also, there are a few quests that present spiders as bosses. What happens to those?

PenguinManiac

Reaction score
HAHA yeah. Also, Skyrim is graphically very well made. It adds to the feeling :( Does the spiders in the game get replaced by something else? Another animal? Or they just disappear completely? Also, there are a few quests that present spiders as bosses. What happens to those?

Yup, they are replaced by bears (named as "Invading Bears" in the mod). It...doesn't make much sense, unless I'm missing something lorewise, but as long as it works it's fine by me. Spider webs and eggs are also removed and replaced by other stuff (honey. A lot of honey). Bosses are replaced too (it's been some time since I've last played the game, but I don't remember any major jumpscares). The initial boss and Nimhe are both replaced with bears, that's for sure.

WarVet

Reaction score
Yup, they are replaced by bears (named as "Invading Bears" in the mod). It...doesn't make much sense, unless I'm missing something lorewise, but as long as it works it's fine by me. Spider webs and eggs are also removed and replaced by other stuff (honey. A lot of honey). Bosses are replaced too (it's been some time since I've last played the game, but I don't remember any major jumpscares). The initial boss and Nimhe are both replaced with bears, that's for sure.

Well, i suppose bears are just big squirrels to someone with an arachnophobia hahaha. It would be nice if all games offered modding capabilities as extensive as Skyrim's. Nobody would be afraid anymore (Might not work so well with the survival horror genre haha)

Status
Not open for further replies.