• Game Rebels: The site that rewards you for posting
  • Join The Awesome ARK Server!

Island PVE (Official Rates x2) by Vurh.Club
    Join ARK Server! Join ARK Discord!
  • The Game Shop V2!

A Complete revamp! Hundreds of FREE games, now available!
    Shop Now!
  • Game Rebels Community

Welcome to this awesome gaming forum
    Register Now
  • Earn Points to Buy Games!

The more you post, the more you earn
    Learn More

Favorite game glitches

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Patrick, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Patrick

Patrick Active Member

So in a hint of nostalgia I loaded up Pokemon Red today and picked up an old save I saved to my dropbox from ~2009. I already caught all 151 Pokemon and I'm sure I've demolished the E4 at least 20 times. I checked my inventory and noticed the 6th item was a stack of Rare Candies well beyond 255 and it brought back some memories.

I think my favorite glitch would be the Gold/Silver/Crystal Box cloning glitch, or the Emerald Battle Tower clone glitch. Share yours

Xanthosh likes this.
  2. niightwind

niightwind New Member

Well my favorite glitch is actually not technically a glitch. I love the "Silent Hill Corrupted" compilation, where someone created in-game glitches with the Corrupster program.

Here's the full video if you want to watch:

But if you don't, this GIF I made from it about sums it all up.
    [​IMG]
    ...Oh yes. Yes this craziness can.

As for actual game glitches, the only one I've actually encountered in my own gameplay that I've really taken notice of was some really annoying glitches in the Harvest Moon series that totally corrupted my game file. There was some other random translation errors that were pretty amusing but not really glitches and none that stick out in my mind.

Never gotten any glitches in The Last Of Us myself, but I've seen some on game plays on YouTube that were pretty horrific and amusing, haha. Prime example:
    [​IMG]

3. Zane

Zane Premium Subscriber Premium

Twilight princess jump across the void glitch or wave dashing

4. pwarbi

pwarbi New Member

The FIFA series as always been prone to having a glitch or two aswell. While it is getting better, you do get a few odd moments in your gameplay shall we say.

Sometimes when your looking back at an older game, the glitches can be one of your favourite things to look back on more than the actual game itself.

5. Xanthosh

Xanthosh New Member

Prince of Persia glitch: I'd climb on a ledge, and suddenly the whole world would teleport into another dimension of grey hollowness. The vacuum was such, that when I broke free, I'd fall in grey water, and start swimming in it.

Now, the only way to get out of that was to restart the game from the previous checkpoint. I believe it was Sands of Time.

Patrick likes this.
  6. Michael

Michael Active Member

Every FIFA glitch.. ever

and the spinning head thing in Fallout: New Vegas.

Just watch KSI's glitch videos

Patrick likes this.
  7. Guardian

Guardian Well-Known Member

Haha, I've had tons of glitches in sports games before. I guess I've been lucky when it comes to FIFA and haven't had those.

8. Jordan

Jordan Founder Owner

There was a glitch in GTA V online to pretty much get some easy money.
    It was a job you did and got 30k every 5-7 minutes.

Was the job where you have rounds of enemies come shooting at you. You where able to "jump" behind a wall. You could see and shoot the enemies but they couldn't shoot you. You passed all the rounds 100% and got easy money. I got over $14 million this way xD

9. ulfhedin

ulfhedin New Member

The hidden merchant chest in Skyrim. There is actually several of them and I think most coincide with the Khajiit merchants that travel around. Skyrim.

10. Sino989

Sino989 Member

Some of my favorite glitches are from Call of Duty 4 because they were so fun to get into and mess around in them with your friends. Some of the glitches were kind of just bad but they were still fun.

11. BethSztruhar

BethSztruhar New Member

Oh, I just love the Sims 4 glitches. I even have some pictures because I thought I have to save these for....future purposes...

[​IMG]

12. gkillian

gkillian New Member

So, in Borderlands the Pre-Sequel, one of the classes has a passive skill that does literally nothing except cause Handsome Jack (the antagonist of the second game and the anti-hero(?) of this one) to say a snarky 'inspiring' quote, followed by the text 'Inspired' flowing across the screen with some effects.

This can trigger at any time, even during other characters story or quest dialogue. This is bad the first time you play through, of course, but the game is designed to be played through several times, and the situations it can cause are absolutely hilarious.

Here's an example. (mild warning; loud laughter towards the end)

13. Denis_P

Denis_P Member

My favorite to this day has to be the "Shaun" glitch from Heavy Rain, where the character you're playing has no option but to yell the name "Shaun" over and over again in a hilarious troubled yell.

I remember the first time I saw it, I laughed so hard my stomach was sore the next day. Besides that, a less funny but more useful glitch I like is the double hit glitch in Dark Souls. If you can get to a boss from a higher point, and do a leap attack with the right trigger while performing a drop attack with the right bumper, you can get a double hit on a boss and do massive damage. It's pretty satisfying.

14. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Active Member

I don't exploit glitches to be honest. What's the point of playing a game if you're just gonna one-up the system to make the game easier? Like when I'm playing Skyrim, people always brag about being able to have a Sneak of 100 during the tutorial by exploiting a glitch, then what's the point? After that, the game becomes too easy, and you'll just end up restarting because you got bored. Also, exploiting merchant chests to get easy money would make early game easy since you don't have to save up for items. It's sad that people use it and then complain that the game is not challenging enough.

15. Javo1096

Javo1096 New Member

My favorite glitch is one from Resident Evil 5 which lets you have infinite shotguns and I'm not talking about the ammo but the actual weapon, there is a part where you go downstairs and find a shotgun then if you exit the game and save you will appear at the top of the stairs having the shotgun you already picked up, I came to have like 45 shotguns to sell and make a lot of money.

16. Gladdy

Gladdy Member

My favorite glitches are the random ones that tend to happen all the time in the older NBA games. Sometimes when you fell, you literally got stuck onto the floor and couldn't get up which resulted in the A.I. getting terribly confused... or the glitch where you randomly land inside another guy's crotch.

My favorite exploit type of glitch would probably have to be the Bloodborne one where you use it to get unlimited blood echoes. Free levels.

17. OursIsTheFury

I hate those kinds of glitches where it makes the game easier. In Witcher 3 you can kill a bunch of cows in the tutorial area for an unlimited amount of money. The devs fixed this by sending an overleveled monster to kill players who use this glitch. It's a level 40 beast, and at best you are level 5 in the area, so of course you're gonna die.

Gladdy likes this.
  18. Neiltarquin

Neiltarquin Member

I want to experience glitch but i just can see one.

19. Gladdy

Gladdy Member

Haha, really? I didn't know that and I played Witcher 3, although not right at the launch.

Yeah, the game glitching or I prefer to call it ''exploiting'' isn't really my preferred way of playing games. I only know about the Bloodborne glitch because I was once looking for a video on a boss tactic and saw a ton of videos about unlimited blood echoes. I only tried it once for a character and it did work but the game was then not challenging enough. Therefore, I agree with you :)

20. OursIsTheFury

During the White Orchard quests at the very beginning, you can find cows in the farms and you can kill them for their loot. You meditate, the cows respawn. Do this until you get so rich you can buy any item and upgrade every item you have in your arsenal. You can basically cruise through most if not all game because of the bonus gold you get this way. Totally ruining the game progress, but hey, some people like it easy.