• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Favorite Death Scene

lamanlupa

Reaction score
We see characters die all the time, but which among them did you feel a little teary-eyed upon watching them. Where you somewhat affected? Was it done cinematic enough or any memorable dialogues? I, for one can remember the death scene of one of the nurses in the story. It was just so emotional, Harry just had no choice but to leave and lock the doors as she was slowly turning into a zombie or whatever. She was crying for help and he cannot save her. Poor girl. What is your pick?

Kaitara

Reaction score
^Which game are you talking about? You didn't specify :p

There were definitely a lot of moments like this for me because I play JRPGs a lot, which tend to focus on story and characters. Of course, the big all-time one is Aerith in FF7. I got choked up when
Ysayle / Iceheart
died recently in FFXIV's storyline. I always have a hard time remembering exact names/games, but I do remember feeling like that many times.

lamanlupa

Reaction score
Oh, you're right! I'm sorry about that. I was talking about the first Silent Hill. I really love that horror game released for the Playstation. I rarely play RPGs though, it's not because it's boring (which is not), I'm just not a fan. A lot of people I know, says RPGs are a lot of fun.

Dabstin

Reaction score
Since this Is about deaths, spoiler alerts after mentioning the series would be appreciated :p

Anyway mine would be from AC 4: Black Flag.
I cried like a baby over Mary's death. I just really liked her, and she was PREGNANT for gods sake :(

ScorpionWaterfall

Reaction score
I would have to say Carlos in Saints Row 2. I actually cried when I first saw it. I don't usually get choked up about things like that because...well, they aren't real. The way that it was written and performed, though. Wow. It was some seriously powerful stuff, especially considering the direction the games took after that.

Honeymoon

Reaction score
I'm not going to name names, but I'll drop the name of the game: The Walking Dead.
The Walking Dead is good, it has always been good. This applies to the mobile game too (NOT the fighting one - the one with episodes). It's excellent, and so are the deaths. I don't want to spoil anyone, but some of the deaths in the game almost made me choke on my own tears. The storyline is beautiful and it was very emotional and tear-jerking.

aliangel3499

Reaction score
I'm not going to name names, but I'll drop the name of the game: The Walking Dead.
The Walking Dead is good, it has always been good. This applies to the mobile game too (NOT the fighting one - the one with episodes). It's excellent, and so are the deaths. I don't want to spoil anyone, but some of the deaths in the game almost made me choke on my own tears. The storyline is beautiful and it was very emotional and tear-jerking.
The final death in the Walking Dead was the most memorable for me. While it wasn't completely unexpected, I was hoping that they would find a way to avoid it before the game was over. I also found myself really attached to the character. Like the other characters in the game, this character wasn't perfect but was ultimately a good person. However, I believe the death was important for character development in the second game as well as show the player that no one is safe from the zombie apocalypse.

Maelalove

Reaction score
Oh my god, The Walking Dead is the king of insane death scenes, especially of characters you don't ever expect to die. The inevitable one in Season one caught me so off guard I cried for hours. It was terrible. I think the second season wasn't as high on that, though. I didn't have as much of the same reactions to the death in that season.

aliangel3499

Reaction score
Oh my god, The Walking Dead is the king of insane death scenes, especially of characters you don't ever expect to die. The inevitable one in Season one caught me so off guard I cried for hours. It was terrible. I think the second season wasn't as high on that, though. I didn't have as much of the same reactions to the death in that season.
I agree. Although there were deaths that I thought were sad, they weren't tear-jerking. Many of them were either expected, occurred with characters I weren't attached to, or were more frustrating than sad. But I think the last death scene was the best in the season. The method and possible dialogue really affected me.

Maelalove

Reaction score
I agree. Although there were deaths that I thought were sad, they weren't tear-jerking. Many of them were either expected, occurred with characters I weren't attached to, or were more frustrating than sad. But I think the last death scene was the best in the season. The method and possible dialogue really affected me.
Yea, I mean even in Season 2, most of the big deaths didn't really get to me. They were either something I totally saw coming, or people that I never really liked in the first place, and had a hand in something really stupid to where I just decided it was kind of karma for it to happen to them. But that scene in the first season was so heartbreaking. The person was the very last person to deserve it, and the whole situation was so ridiculously sad and brutal that I cried. Multiple times.
I admit it.

Minecraft2201

Reaction score
My favorite death part of a video game is in Halo 3 how Master Chief dies. It was such a good scene, that's all I vividly remember. Then again, I don't play a lot of campaign. :/

Maelalove

Reaction score
My favorite death part of a video game is in Halo 3 how Master Chief dies. It was such a good scene, that's all I vividly remember. Then again, I don't play a lot of campaign. :/
Oh man I hated that! But in a good way.... I think. The emotion range is strong with this one, haha.
I don't play a lot of campaign either, with Halo. But I love the game and I love Master Chief...

SerSlavos

Reaction score
Tali in Mass Effect 3. When you don't complete her loyalty mission and you choose geth over the quarrian, That scene is breathtaking. Also, pretty much every death scene in Mass Effect is stunning for me.

overcast

Reaction score
Final Fantasy and Prince of Persia has some sentimental moments. There are also some such moments in Resident Evil. As you can see there are some moments in those games that did made me sad. I think games such as wolfestein too have some of such sad death moments. Even Devil may cry has some of such moments.

Gladdy

Reaction score
Red Dead Redemption, I'll explain in the spoiler.

I am, of course, referring to the death of John Marston. He was so cool. Such a badass cowboy. He had an appealing story and grew throughout the game. He went from a bad guy to a good one just because of his family, can it get any more touching? He finally got together with his family, got a nice property and was excited to start a brand new life with his wife and son and then boom... he dies. I was so upset and even cried a bit. I really wanted a nice happy ending for John :(

WarVet

Reaction score
MGS4 there is a certain character who dies at the end. I won't say more to avoid spoilers but it made me cry. Very few things make me cry and that did. Love how the MGS constructs characters and makes us like them so much.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Resident Evil 4 had many awesome death scenes. From Leon being strangled to death by a burning man from a refrigerator (it works in context), being decapitated, being hugged to death by a monster with spikes, being sprayed with acid; you get the idea. It as a fun game but I was a bit curious as to what animations would happen if I died in (x) area, so after I finished the game I just experimented on those while having fun in the process.

Bayoneutra

Reaction score
Do visual novels count? Can I name-drop the Danganronpa series' executions? No? But seriously, the Danganronpa executions are on a completely different level.

On the corny side, I'm not sure it counts as a "death" scene, but I'm still not over FFX's final scene with Tidus fading away right in front of Yuna's eyes. When she tries to hug him and she falls down... That's not a spoiler right? It's been over 15 years.

Makef0rt

Reaction score
Tali in Mass Effect 3. When you don't complete her loyalty mission and you choose geth over the quarrian, That scene is breathtaking. Also, pretty much every death scene in Mass Effect is stunning for me.

Yeah, I would say most of companion deaths are messed up. Especially when you had to choose *SPOILER* between two characters in ME 1 to leave behind. I always left the male character to die, and female to live. Leaving out the names in case someone haven't played it yet.

Cendrillon

Reaction score
Kind of a forgotten game, but OFF was a huge success a few years ago and I still think of it as a masterpiece.

Valērie's death, while not that showy as many others in the game, has to be one of the saddest ones out there. It was even confirmed by Mortis Ghost, the game's maker, that Japhet (the one character that ends up killing him) wasn't killed first because Valērie was too kind. Allow me to mention Valērie was a cat too kind to kill a bird.
Not to mention that the Judge never accepts his brother's death and he appears grieving and crying throughout the rest of game.
... At the end of the day, they are still cats and I'm a huge softie, okay.