• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Favorite Casual Mobile Games

tiffaninichole

Reaction score
Anyone have any favorite casual games that don't involve shooting things? LOL. Sometimes I like to just relax and play a few mindless games to destress and have a little bit of fun. When I'm in that kind of mood, I'll play games like Piano Tiles, Castle Story, Family Feud and things of that nature. Although Family Feud isn't as fun as it could be since most of my Facebook friends don't play and a large portion of the game relies on Facebook friends. Kind of sucks, but the game itself is pretty good for when I'm super bored but don't want to think too much. ;)

PingPongCall

Reaction score
There's a game on the Play Store called Hammers Quest. You basically just walk in a straight line and press the screen when you come near something to hit it. At first it's pretty hard to kill things, but as you collect gold, you get to upgrade your hammer. You also level up, but trust me, buying new hammers vastly outweighs this.

Kind of like just leveling up as opposed to junctioning magic in FF VIII

PingPongCall

Reaction score

Liselle

Reaction score
I usually play Cooking Fever now. My friend introduced me to the game and I'm hooked on it. I play it whenever I have free time to spare and it's really addicting. I used to play other games like Bag It! or Cut the Rope!

fcuco

Reaction score
For a relaxing gaming experience I recommend a series of games called "draw the line". They are puzzle games where you basically have to connect a few dots in a way in which the lines don't intersect. It is hard to explain but once you play it you get the point immediately. There is no time constraint so that helps relaxing, when you connect 2 dots you get a smoothing piano tone. The puzzles are easy enough to just sit back and play but not hard enough to demand much mental energy, so they really hit the sweet spot with that. Check it out.

kaiserflame

Reaction score
I usually play solitaire on my phone to relax. Or play Fallout Shelter and make babies. I also play Start Vanisher, Word Crack (requires internet to play) and Colorfy to relax.

eatthepeach

Reaction score
Love having Tetris on my phone, and in search of a new puzzle game i found Unblock Me, really got sucked into that one fast. It's simplicity makes it that much more addictive for me, sometimes I spend a good 10 minutes on a puzzle and finally figure it out being super simple.

of course i've also been playing words with friends for years now. i finally beat my best friend last month, only took a little over 100 games >.<

Catactus

Reaction score
I got bunch of games that I play. Mainly it's been fruit ninja and ms bingo :D

rz3300

Reaction score
I think that we all need some games that we can relax to and not be on the edge of our seat for. For me, I tend to go with the gold or putt putt like games on my tablet, Stickman golf is the current favorite. I also like some classics like Minesweeper. I do like the puzzle games and the ones that can get you thinking, like the ones that @fcuco mentioned, and I will have to look into that line one because that sounds interesting and something that would be right up my alley.

lisasian86

Reaction score
I'm still a sucker for Candy Crush and all the spin offs from it. I think I can just zone out while I'm playing it so I find it really relaxing. I've always liked solitaire aswell but I don't play it as often now. The one I'm most recently addicted to is Ilsand Experiment, it's got cute music and looks pretty.

lilac123

Reaction score
I really like Bubble Shooter (there are a lot of variations of it). I used to play it for 4-5 hours a day while I listened to movies or TV shows. I think it's a nice way to relax and not have to think too much. It's probably one of the only mobile games I don't get bored of after a few months.

Corzhens

Reaction score
Shooting game? This reminds me of Angry Bird. It was a hit here so I downloaded to test. And after playing for some time, I asked myself, is this a good game? Sometimes you really cannot trust the hype or going viral of something. It may be good to others but not to you. Anyway, I had Tetris for a while in the olden days and I have to admit that it occupied my nights for a time until my husband called my attention. He said I was wasting my time and I should be sleeping. Oh well, he was right so I played the game only during the daytime. In fairness to me, I was only playing when I have nothing to do. Until now, that's my policy with games, I only play when I have nothing better to do.

overcast

Reaction score
Fruit Ninja and Some puzzle games are my favorite. Some puzzles like solving the physics issue in an image can be fun. You may find that not a lot of such game are going to be easy to play. But I do spend time on such casual games. Fruit ninja and cut the rope being my favorite, I prefer to play them. I guess it's really good with those games.

BeardedMamba

Reaction score
You can try out Cat Physics, it's a strategy game, you need to make the ball reach the cat, by placing arrows for the ball to move. It's fun and got a 100 levels. It got me occupied whenever I'm bored.

Javo1096

Reaction score
I remember playing a very fun and simple game to distract yourself when you're waiting or in public transport that is called Shooting the Zombirds, you should check out if it's still available.

msyukionna

Reaction score
I'm still a sucker for Candy Crush and all the spin offs from it. I think I can just zone out while I'm playing it so I find it really relaxing. I've always liked solitaire aswell but I don't play it as often now. The one I'm most recently addicted to is Ilsand Experiment, it's got cute music and looks pretty.

YES! I can't get enough of crushing candies! My favourite is Candy Crush Jelly. I love the "versus" levels on these. It's like playing chess with an AI. It's just the right amount of frustrating. Other than that, I've also gone through a period of being addicted to Crime Scene, it got a little repetitive for me. I haven't heard of Island Experiment, I might actually check it out.

Cendrillon

Reaction score
Gardenscapes!
It's like Candy Crush's chill cousin and it's certainly less frustrating... Sometimes! The designs are so calming and pretty, I actually look forward to repair the garden with each level I pass.
I've advanced a lot and so far no addition of overly annoying mechanics. Not to mention you do get to pass the levels daily rather than once a blue moon like other games do.

Bayoneutra

Reaction score
I stick to stuff even after the hype dies down, so I'm still loyal to Neko Atsume when I want to relax. Pointless, useless, but extremely cute and fun to play. The cats are also adorable and I've even got a couple favorites.

On the more classic mobile game I love Fruit Ninja and The Creeps!, the latter being a favorite of mine since many, many years ago. I still adore to play it when I have nothing else to do.