• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Favorite BOSS

surlaw

Reaction score
Tell me your favorite boss, out of all the bosses you've ever had to fight in any game ever.

:tearsofjoy:
Tall order, I know. I can't really think of a favorite boss of mine, though I thought all the bosses in Dark Cloud 2/Dark Chronicle were awesome.

What are some of your favorite bosses?

Neiltarquin

Reaction score
It's definitely King Koppa. A villan that is supposed to be scary, but this boss is adorable.

lindbergh

Reaction score
Uhm, every collosi in Shadow of the Colossus. Each of them had their own strengths and weaknesses. Each of them presented a puzzle that needed to be solved. And each of them were masterpieces of design. But if I'd have to choose only one collosi, it would be the flying collosi found in the desert. Fighting that collosi strangely was expressing, satisfying and heartbreaking at the same time.

I also love the boss battles in the Metal Gear franchise. I especially loved the battle with Psycho Mantis wherein he would be able to guess the player's moves. I was very frustrated when he knew where I was going. I died multiple times before I knew what to do. Just by doing a simple trick (plugging the controller in the 2nd player slot) Mantis powers no longer work. Pretty awesome.

Lem

Reaction score
Far and away my favourite boss is the Spider Demon from Doom. I don't mind if it's the classic one, or the one from Doom 2016. There's something wonderfully malevolent about the boss. In classic Doom she was awesome and unstoppable - it was great to wander round this huge playing area being pursued but a giant machine-gun wielding spider! Also, the arena was scattered with monsters who you thought were amazing earlier in the game, but now look totally puny when up against the Spider Demon!

gamergal

Reaction score
Well, I have defeated my antagonists in the game, (everyone has!:tongueout:) And many antagonists were too tough to beat. You'd get killed if you faced the toughest boss of the game.:persevere:

Sometimes even the last boss isn't that toughest. But the former ones are quite tough to beat.(Reminds me of Dahaka from Prince of Persia draft.) But that isn't my favorite either.

I like Officer Tenpenny of GTA San Andreas. Man, he's so shrewd, a good "badass" or the baddest when it comes to badasses. Guy's got some freaking brains I must say.:screamcat:

JaiGuru

Reaction score
I think maybe it's Exdeath from Final Fantasy V. The otherworldly form he takes as you fight him was really exciting to me. I loved the "The laws of physics are broken" message that would play which really drove home the power and depravity of this being. Similarly, Gygas from Earthbound was an especially dark experience. I know the whole "He's a fetus" debate is supposedly brought to a close by the developers saying that's not true, but I honestly believe they just said that to save face in a market where that's a very hotbutton issue. I'm pretty sure it's exactly what they were getting at and it's both super rad and very disturbing in a way I find endearing. I've always loved how Japanese media challenges my biases and comfort levels that way.

Denis_P

Reaction score
My favorite Boss from any video game is Big Boss, if you know what I mean. Ha, haha, it means I like the Metal Gear Solid series. You know, cause the protagonist is Big Boss.

I'll shut up now.

But in all seriousness, my favorite boss ever is probably Sigma from the Mega Man X series on the SNES. He is the main villain for those games, and with each iteration his designs just get cooler. He's always intimidating to fight, and his battles are both challenging and memorable. He is old, but he's definitely gold.

giovanniiiii

Reaction score
My favorite boss in a game has to be Knight Artorias, the Abysswalker. He was a legendary knight but was corrupted by the Abyss, in his attempt to stop it from taking over Oolacile. The boss fight was a typical one-on-one but his background and heroic deed made me grow a liking for him.

Frank

Reaction score
Well, I have defeated my antagonists in the game, (everyone has!:tongueout:) And many antagonists were too tough to beat. You'd get killed if you faced the toughest boss of the game.:persevere:

Sometimes even the last boss isn't that toughest. But the former ones are quite tough to beat.(Reminds me of Dahaka from Prince of Persia draft.) But that isn't my favorite either.

I like Officer Tenpenny of GTA San Andreas. Man, he's so shrewd, a good "badass" or the baddest when it comes to badasses. Guy's got some freaking brains I must say.:screamcat:

You just reminded of Tenpenny. I hated that guy! Although, it was hard because Samuel L. Jackson voiced him and he did a terrific job. Anyway, I like him because of other reasons. At the time, I had a very bad PC and the game didn't use it's engine to move his firetruck at the end of the game, but rather hardcoded his route so with my poor PC unable to run the engine properly in that last mission I was unable to beat it. However, I found a way to open the game files and tinker with things until I managed to speed up my car immensely and I look back with fondness on that part because it was my first experience with coding and hacking.

WarVet

Reaction score
I guese my favorite Boss and also my favorite villain from all times would be Volgin from MGS3. Gotta love that guy. Big mean and strong he can shoot electricity bolts ! Not to mention he's tough!

Tania997

Reaction score
I guese my favorite Boss and also my favorite villain from all times would be Volgin from MGS3. Gotta love that guy. Big mean and strong he can shoot electricity bolts ! Not to mention he's tough!

The volgin boss battle is amazing! I loved each and everyone of the boss battles in MGS3, they had a lot of variety and different tactics were required to beat them. The Boss fight is my favorite though, it has everything you need for a final boss. The atmosphere, the CQC counters , her telling you "you've gotten stronger" because you can finally react and not get destroyed like during the game.. and the sad ending later. It's really amazing.

WarVet

Reaction score
The volgin boss battle is amazing! I loved each and everyone of the boss battles in MGS3, they had a lot of variety and different tactics were required to beat them. The Boss fight is my favorite though, it has everything you need for a final boss. The atmosphere, the CQC counters , her telling you "you've gotten stronger" because you can finally react and not get destroyed like during the game.. and the sad ending later. It's really amazing.
Oh yes buddy! I have to agree that fight is awesome! When i first played i got so involved with the game that i actually cried during the final credits. I mentioned Volgin because i like him as a villain but when it comes to Emotions the Boss is superb.