• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

FarmVille

Eternal

Reaction score
FarmVille, lol, I used to play that game for hours upon hours now that I look back I don't even know why or how I played that game for so long.

Hiocoie

Reaction score
I never played that game for long at all, would just harvest my crops. I have some old people on my FaceBook that play this game and tons of other crap 24 hours a day, most of my older friends are at least at level 50+ on that game. I know somebody that even got in the hundreds in that game, I'd get requests all the freakin' time! It's such a nuisance once you get used to opening your notifications and then finding all that crap. XD

jayjacinto

Reaction score
I haven't tried to play that game, but I really wonder why my mom got so addicted with it. How the game looks doesn't look appealing to me, so I never bothered to try. But really, what are the challenges that excite players of Farmville? Is it really that good that my mom who is not a computer games fan got so attached with it?

Jordan

Founder
Senior Admin
Reaction score
I played it years ago when it first came out. I no longer play any Facebook games, but it was all right. Not something that I can see why people get addicted to. I actually now have it blocked from people sending me request. Was annoying to get 2-5 request per person every day.

jayjacinto

Reaction score
Yeah quite annoying. How do you block a specific app invite on facebook? Because there are several apps in which i am not interested in that people keeps inviting me in.

Vortmo

Reaction score
I played this when it first came out, I had a break from it for about 4 months, came back to it to check to see if anything had changed. To my suprise all of it had change and i couldnt keep up with the new updates so I quit. It really is a waste of time anyway lol.

Oklahoma City Thunder

Reaction score
My Grandmother is nasty at that game lmao. I was never a big fan of that game, it got really boring, real fast.

castills

Reaction score
I couldn't enjoy this game like Cafe World, by the same dev. It had a smaller area to navigate and maintain. Tasks were repetitive like FarmVille, but had a tad of humor to back it up. Yikes, I spent so much time on them

Gladdy

Reaction score
Oh god, don't remind me how much I used to play Farmville 2. I was such a badass farmer. But really though, everybody that I knew played this game.

It was so, so popular. We even talked about it when we hung out outside. ''Oh, hey what's the best thing to plant??'' ''Can you help me with XY request'' and so on, haha. Looking back on it, I don't know why I felt so appealed to playing. If you think about it - it is really just the same thing over and over. You plant the crops, wait for them to grow, harvest and repeat. Then you have cute animals that you take care of it... help your friends and that's it.

I haven't played it in years and I doubt that I ever will again. I just outgrew it.

peachpurple

Reaction score
Yes I do play this game only when I am online. Majority shopping mall do not habe strong wifi, so it is irritating when the game gets disconnected easily when I am outside. Playing on the smartphone makes my eyes sting because the screen of those tiny farm food and animals are hatd to control

Soulwatcher

Reaction score
I never understood why people play this game. My ex wife use to love this game and she would always buy the coins to speed time up and buy seed etc. She would spend hours and hours on this game and I could never understand the appeal of this game. What makes this game so appealing to you guys?

Gladdy

Reaction score
I never understood why people play this game. My ex wife use to love this game and she would always buy the coins to speed time up and buy seed etc. She would spend hours and hours on this game and I could never understand the appeal of this game. What makes this game so appealing to you guys?
Haha, I hope that she didn't spend too much real money on it. See, I never did this. I never bought anything for real money because I always knew that it's just a game.

Why was it appealing? that answer will depend on every individual but I just liked the base idea of it. It was simple yet highly addicting. I loved having my cute little farm with animals and crops. I also really enjoyed the social aspect of it - being able to help out your friends and so on.

giovanniiiii

Reaction score
My older brothers used to take turns on using the PC just to harvest their crops. I would watch them make effort on harvesting crops and it seemed fun watching them do so. I really like the idea of a game that involves real time clock integration. There would be crops that can be harvested after some minutes, and there would others that can be harvested after hours. What I didn't get though is why people spend way too much time on developing their farms.