• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Ever designed your own logo?

Kalaborative

Reaction score
So Have you ever designed your own logo, either by scratch or internet, or did you have to get someone else to do it for you?
I've got both occasions. I've designed my own logos before but I've also had a friend do a Christmas logo for me.

Toxique

MOTM
Reaction score
Trust me you don't want me to make the ProTechModz logo, I suck at graphics completely. I always have people make it for us.

KMRock

Reaction score
I have many times for many of my forums and websites, this was before my computer crashed and I lost photoshop, but I still plan to do this in the future.

effone

Reaction score
I was trying to make one for my own for days :(

Naiwen

Reaction score
Nop; never did or I don't got what it takes to!

Eru

Reaction score
I design my own logo from scratch, otherwise there's no reason to even call myself a web designer. I try to make logos as simple as possible, nothing too fancy since my site is always designed with minimalism in mind so there's no better logo candidate than a simple one. I've been trying to make a logo using my own font but that didn't turn out too well for me. Also, I always consider favicons whenever I start making my own logo otherwise it's going to get hard making such a small graphic. A favicon for my site is a must.

My usual logos doesn't have any fancy graphics attached to it since they're usually limited in size. I could spend many hours making an original vector graphic to go along with the logo in Illustrator, but it's useless if there's no space for it. That's why I spend more of my time improving the font used for the logo. Even a logo so simple can turn into something grand given the correct ideas done to complete it.

Demon_skeith

Reaction score
I did design my forum's favicon with a online program. I'm no good at it really :p

Ace

Reaction score
http://i.imgur.com/MRobws3.png

Turned out not bad in my opinion...

Naiwen

Reaction score
Nay My Lord; I'm afraid; I'm terrible at it!

sage12

Reaction score
Im afraid I'm rubbish at designing things so thats a no lol!

Jason

Reaction score
I have done few but i am very bad at it :D

Fuzed

Reaction score
Flamingtext.com
6o1z5t.png

Tango

Reaction score
Well i have designed some and i am being honest, i suck at it!

Shortie861

Reaction score
I have on the odd occasions created my own both from scratch and also for free online using cooltext. I am not that great though so I nearly always now go to someone else to create one for me.

Reverie

Reaction score
I have made a few of my own for my current forum, I have made like 1 or 2 for requests on other forums though. But sometimes I also get a friend to make them because I'm not always that great. :p

Don't know if we're allowed to show them here, but if it's a problem just remove them. :p

CEBanner.png

^St. Patty's theme we had

CElogo.png

^ Easter theme we had.

herobanner.png

^Superhero theme we had

villianbanner2.png

^Villain theme we had

ShaneVP

Reaction score
I've designed my own logos before yes, although I must say I absolutely suck at doing graphics but I can make a standard ok looking logo what can pass by. At the moment though I'm cheating and my forum logo is just currently text and isn't actually a picture. I've always wanted to learn more about doing graphics though so I could come up with amazing and unique images for my forum to use.

Zyni

Reaction score
Making logos can be fun, but it can also get a little frustrating at times. Sometimes, it's hard to get the picture out of your mind and onto the "canvas" so to speak.

There are logo generators available online if you want something super simple, clean, and honestly... pretty generic. Some don't look too bad, but they aren't going to be particularly grand, in most cases.

For those who hire out for logos, where do you find someone to make one for you? Do you know people or do you find a company or freelancer online?