• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Educational Games You Played

Dkaraly

Reaction score
I was looking through my old CD games and I stumbled upon some educational games I used to play when I was younger. They were really entertaining and challenging and I loved to play them. Now I'm curious, what educational or learning games did you play? Are you still playing some of them?

overcast

Reaction score
I have mostly played the educational games on Android. Like say those math related games. This is mostly for the math related tests that people take before college admissions. So this type of games were really useful. As you can see those tests have a lot of benefit. I am sure for kids and other school levels there are respective games.

Siberian

Reaction score
When I was three or four years old I would play on a leap frog console and I would play the Scooby Doo games or SpongeBob as well and they were educational games.

Hux

Head Forum Admin
Reaction score
I guess.. I could say Car Mechanic Simulator in some way. As I'm clueless when it comes to building/fixing cars and the game shows you exactly what to do, what goes where etc. and has taught me a lot about mechanic than I thought it would!

Jog

Community Supervisor
Reaction score
Does Kahoot count?

That game is a great study tool even though it wasn't around when I was growing up late 90's/early 2000's. Helped while in High School for sure.

Weygd

Reaction score
I'm going to be considered as a crazy person for saying that, but: Minecraft.
It is used in many schools nowadays to help produce creativity and mind stimulation. Believe it or not !

konomi

Reaction score
The very first computer games I played as a kid were Reader Rabbit and Math Rabbit XD

I don't know if it counts as an educational game, but did anyone else play The Island of Dr. Quandry? It had a bunch of puzzles and brain teasers. I downloaded it recently & thought that I could breeze through it, but they were harder than I remembered, lol.

m33kuh

Reaction score
I would say Ragnarok. Ragnarok has helped me increase my knowledge when it comes to foreign objects and things or places, creatures or gods. It has a very good and geeky storyline and the NPCs and areas are related to some of the real world. It even helped me at school a couple of times when I was writing about certain topics or answering questions which blows their mind because I am so cool for saying Osiris loves to hangout with the half snake ladies and would offer them some apples. :D

Pixie06

Reaction score
I remember that we used to play a quiz game on the computer that came with our Encarta Encyclopedia. We so loved to play that game and it was fun too :) I also have played many other quiz games and played games liked Hangman, Hangaroo, Word Cross.

Dkaraly

Reaction score
I think any game that taught you something counts. I didn't even know about half of the games you all mentioned. :D And I realized that I didn't say what CD game I found. It was The Magic School Bus Explores the Solar System. Nothing more educational than traveling around our solar system looking for Ms. Frizzle. I also played The Magic School Bus Explores the Human Body and some video games made by The Learning Company.

Fordo

Reaction score
I played a History Channel Civil War game for the Xbox 360 back when I was in high school.

augusta

Reaction score
I think building blocks games.It a brain tasking game that you need to build your line of a blocks accoeding an example given.It comes with alot of calculation.I love it because I love brain tasking games