• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Dota 2 Asian Championships

Squigly

Reaction score
http://dac.dota2.com.cn/compendium/index_eng.htm

I think that this event is going to be second biggest tournament after The International, the prizepool is already at half a million dollars. With a compendium and lots of rewards I think that the prizepool could easily hit a million.

From what I know it's not just Chinese teams participating, Western teams like EG will be joining the fray as well. Do consider buying a compendium if you're into supporting the scene since 25% of compendium sales goes to the prizepool.

cyberpinoy

Reaction score
Asian Tournaments are very very serious. Dota is more than just a game to a lot of asian countries it is a lifestyle. they have gaming houses where all the people who live in the house do nothing but play dota. Practice and play all day every day. The amount of money a team can eearn yearly by playing dota could replace on of the best jobs you can get, IF your team is good enough. The Asian competition is tough, and if you can win against the asian countries you have good chance to be the best in dota. Good Luck to all Participants.

Squigly

Reaction score
Well after the qualifiers it seems like the finals will be dominated by Chinese teams. EG, Secret, Cloud9 and HellRaisers are the only Western teams to be invited among the 16.

m33kuh

Reaction score
DAC this year was really good. It's so hype and seeing your favorite teams fight for the title is very exciting!
DAC this year did not fail me. Looking forward for next year's event!

overcast

Reaction score
I like the way they setup their tournaments. And in some cases they also have some reasonable prices too. So that indeed can be one good thing worth checking out. I am sure many of us can see some previous tournaments on youtube. It's good that they are doing live with twitch and the youtube gaming.

fishmonk

Reaction score
I like the way they setup their tournaments. And in some cases they also have some reasonable prices too. So that indeed can be one good thing worth checking out. I am sure many of us can see some previous tournaments on youtube. It's good that they are doing live with twitch and the youtube gaming.

Agreed. Thanks to Twitch and Youtube livestreams, we can always watch tournaments online. The hype at a live tournament is pretty nice too so I would try to make it if possible.