• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Do you wait for discounts?

Martin

Reaction score
Are you someone who waits until you can pick a game pre-owned or do you go out and buy your games at full price? I personally wait until I can get the game second hand unless it is a online game like COD or FIFA which I buy full price.

Hugop

Reaction score
My Kickstarter bill proves that I cant wait for the alpha version ;)

Martin

Reaction score
My Kickstarter bill proves that I cant wait for the alpha version ;)
Haha, I have only backed one project. That was mainly because I help moderate the forum, but it wasn't successful so the project is kind of on hold.

Hugop

Reaction score
The game seems a bit boring when I see the images on google :(

Michael

Reaction score
I typically wait for a while till the price goes down in retail store or Steam is having some major discount. (EX: When I bought POSTAL 2 when it was $1)

deltachi2012

Reaction score
I typically wait for a while till the price goes down in retail store or Steam is having some major discount. (EX: When I bought POSTAL 2 when it was $1)

yeah, but for me it all depends on the game, if its a series I love, I will be more willing to buy at full price. If its something Im not so fond of, I will usually wait for a sale or for it to go down alittle in retail!

Michael

Reaction score
yeah, but for me it all depends on the game, if its a series I love, I will be more willing to buy at full price. If its something Im not so fond of, I will usually wait for a sale or for it to go down alittle in retail!
Exactly same with me but I just wait if it is a series that I like I wait a bit.

Sharon

Reaction score
I do wait until they go on sale. There were a few times when I bought a game full price e.g. Titanfall and Final Fantasy X/X-2 Remastered. Most of the time though I buy them new but wait until they go on sale. I only buy used if I know I am getting a really good deal like 50% off retail at least. I visit the Best Buy website regularly to see if they have any good sales on video games. I do the same for Amazon.

Sylar

General Manager
Reaction score
Nowadays I find myself only buying games on sale. There hasn't been a game lately that has made me say "I HAVE to have it on release". I was about to spend the money on the new Battlefront to pre-order, but then I saw all the features they cut and decided I was better saving my money

JoshSucksAtGames

Reaction score
Nowadays I find myself only buying games on sale. There hasn't been a game lately that has made me say "I HAVE to have it on release". I was about to spend the money on the new Battlefront to pre-order, but then I saw all the features they cut and decided I was better saving my money

I'm pretty much in the same boat. Usually, I only buy indie games at full price. Just because I like supporting indie devs. Besides that, I try to catch old triple As on a sale.

halcyon220

Reaction score
I do, I even buy steam keys from g2a.com If I don't feel like paying full price. This is something console has which PC doesn't.

Guardian

Reaction score
That entirely depends on the game for me, and how bad I want it. If I'm on the fence, I may wait. If I really want it, I'm getting it no matter.

Hux

Head Forum Admin
Reaction score
It all depends on how badly I want the game and how new it is, say it's something like an Assassin's Creed game, I'll buy it straight away, any other games I'm not too bothered about I'll wait for discounts or purchase it second hand!

niightwind

Reaction score
Unless it is a game that I'm not sure if I want to play or not, I almost never wait for sales. When a new game comes out in a series I love, I want to play it right away after release! The only exception on this would be for Steam games. Steam sales have been good to me, and if I'd been able to afford games during the last sale I would have been able to save more than $60 on my wishlist items. Definitely worth waiting on a discount there, unless, again, it is one that I've been really wanting to play or a new release in a series I follow.

When Persona 5 comes out, for example - there ain't no way I'm waiting for that, that game is mine. But on a game like, say... the new Animal Crossing. I would like to get the game, but not one I'm hyped up about, so I wouldn't mind waiting for a sale of some sort.

Testament

Reaction score
On Steam? Yes, I most definitely wait for discounts. Haha. The games are so much cheaper than usual when the summer sale or holiday sales come on. Call me a consumerist pig or what have you (admit it, you are, too, haha), but Steam Sales are awesome, they give you old games for very little, so it's really a guilty pleasure that's worth the guilt.