• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Do you think the next CoD should return to the World War?

Axis & Allies or Capitalists, mechs and / or aliens?

• Ooga kill Booga, take Cooga his! ( Prehistoric - nature setting, primitive - animal - dino enemies )

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I see dead people! ( Paranormal setting - thriller, demon, ghost & Co. enemies )

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ducklord

Reaction score
Well, the title is the question and I guess I don't have to say much more to explain it, do I? :-D

( Pick three. Because it's fun! )

Jordan

Founder
Senior Admin
Reaction score
I voted no more cod. Simply because the game is getting old, and nothing really new ever comes of it. Most of the new games are just "re skinned" and "Re packaged" xD

Squigly

Reaction score
Well COD has been progressively futuristic, but I don't think that we'll venture into an era of space warfare, plasma rifles and laser shields. There're already plenty of futuristic FPS games in that genre like Warframe, Destiny and Halo. I think that a throwback to WW2 would be pretty cool, perhaps some alternate universe with different power imbalances between the Axis and Allies.

LitoLawless

Reaction score
I was never really a fan of Call of Duty, but my friends would play the Advanced Warfare ones a lot. I liked watching those over the old-school war one, they just look like more fun. It's pretty cool to see some of the advanced weaponry as well. Things like that is what drew me to games like Splinter Cell.

COD

Reaction score
Yeah, absolutely. I was talking to some of my relatives about this over the Christmas holidays. I haven't enjoyed many of the newer COD games, and feel that they should go back to WWII. There is so much to cover, so many battles and situations. And yeah, it would be cool to take on Hitler, that would be a cool idea.

Ridge

Reaction score
They can't go back to World War 2 at this point. They introduced too many gameplay improvements this year. More World War 2 gameplay would feel far to slow.

I voted no more COD. Enough is enough.

PackmanHD

Reaction score
After recently replaying and completing CoD: World at War, I realised how amazing older Call of Duty campaigns were. I've always wanted them to go back to a World War type setting, or at least set around the same time as Modern Warfare 2. I've never really got behind the futuristic settings in Call of Duty, and as they have started getting more and more into the future, I've started to enjoy the games less.

I can almost certainly say they will not return to the older setting in Call of duty, but a man can dream...

missionreport

Reaction score
Well turns out COD just did release a new WWII trailer. I'm not sure but it seems people just can't get over Omaha beach. Sure, the game looks beautiful and going back in time, when technology was limited, they couldn't really flesh it out as much as they wanted. So now that they have the opportunity, I think I will welcome this as a worthy re-mastered WWII game. I mean let's be honest, it we know it will kick serious ass.

stephen caruso

Reaction score
Yes, I think the next COD should return to the world war. Call of Duty World at War was one of the best COD games that I have played; it was simple yet had every aspect of a great fps game. While most of the newer games are very impressive, I despise the advancements of jetpacks. They make the game too unreal and too similar to Halo. I am so excited to purchase the new COD when it comes out because there will not be jetpacks and it will feel like a modern version of World at War. It should be great!