• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Do you ever record your gaming?

Hidden308

Reaction score
Do you ever record your gaming and upload it to YouTube or other sites?

Every now and then I might if I feel like I need to. I haven't for quite some time though.

Casper001

Reaction score
I did become a youtube commentator for a short time, until my gfx card blew. I had to use my old 5450; So I'm upgrading soon to a 6670.

TheNova

Reaction score
When I used to play a lot more on my PC, I used a programme called Fraps which was a great in-game recorder. With the videos I recorded, I'd show friends, as I always had some kind of tip or trick for them to watch in the video.

I never really thought of uploading it to YouTube. Maybe it's because I know there are a lot more people out there that are better than me.

TheNova

Reaction score
When I used to play a lot more on my PC, I used a programme called Fraps which was a great in-game recorder. With the videos I recorded, I'd show friends, as I always had some kind of tip or trick for them to watch in the video.

I never really thought of uploading it to YouTube. Maybe it's because I know there are a lot more people out there that are better than me.

Hidden308

Reaction score
I been wanting to make my own youtube gaming channel, but never had the time to do it. :( I have though recorded a few videos before though just test out a few things with my video editor, but I have not had the chance to upload any of them to youtube yet.

castills

Reaction score
I tried recording, but my laptop couldn't handle it with gameplay. I only tried the Razer Cortex feature, since I was also using it to squeeze some gaming life out of the potato. I just use the screenshot button when I remember.

Gladdy

Reaction score
I used to love recording my gameplay when I was playing tons of Call of Duty - especially Call of Duty 4. I enjoyed recording it then editing and uploading to YouTube. Some montages got quite some views but it was very time consuming. I was using FRAPS and the file sizes were stupidly big so it took my computer a year to actually import them into the editing software and so on.

When I stopped actively playing Call of Duty, I also stopped recording my gameplay. The games that I currently play aren't really that exciting to make videos off so it isn't worth the effort or the time.

Jonathan Solomon

Reaction score
I used to try recording my gameplay. But then I realized there was no point considering when I would upload the edits to YouTube and it would only get 50 views (if that). I guess if I had a popular gaming channel on YouTube I would upload gameplay. However, I do find these type of videos boring, to be honest.

WarVet

Reaction score
I never really considered doing this mainly because I suck at most games haha. But it must be a nice experience. Imagine you're launching a GTA game thinking "Well I have one purpose today, and that is causing chaos as much as possible and record it." Must be fun. Or if you're playing a sports game it could be "Let's try and score the most" Maybe even launch it on youtube for a few bucks.

TheArticulate

Reaction score
I used to record my gaming when I played Star Wars: Republic Commando during high school. I did this mainly to isolate good plays on my part so I could put montage videos together to apply for an in-came clan. More recently, League of Legends is the closest thing I come to recording, and since League gives you downloadable replays, I can go back and find the plays and fights that I'm most proud of to put on my plays.tv or wherever.

I don't do commentary or "Let's Play" type videos, as I never felt I had the personality to pull one off.

BeardedMamba

Reaction score
I do sometimes, but I only record replays and not live, I create highlights of the recordings and upload them on my channel. The game is NBA 2K Online Taiwan. It's like creating a NBA mix. I never recorded other games though.

Sino989

Reaction score
I'm making this post in 2017 and both of next gen consoles record your gameplay for you. Well, the PS4 does and I'm pretty sure the xbox one does as well. So you don't even have to buy a capture card to record your gameplay which is pretty convenient.

Kharyode

Reaction score
Yes I do. And the reasons are:

*I have friends that play games alot so when ever I'm playing thesame game, I try to record it in other to show them how I passed the mission.

*Also I do record my gaming for fun, I do watch it myself. That's great feeling watching my handwork.

*Lastly is to show my audience on YouTube if the are finding anything difficult.

huggy212

Reaction score
When i was playing cabal online philippines i recorded some of my dungeon runs. I only uploaded it on facebook for my friends to view it as a complete guide how to do the quests on that dungeon. I didnt encuonter any lag or hang issues while recording but I always encounter problem whenever im uploading because most of the time the music im using are japaneses anime music and most of them have copyright. Recording your own game is also nice so like today i can easily remember and watch how I was lpaying 5 yrs ago.

arachnophobik

Reaction score
I have tried to record my gameplays back then as I was planning to start a Youtube channel about gaming. It was frustrating though as I keep forgetting to turn on the screen recording software, and other times my microphone. Usually, I would finish around 2 hours and then I would just find out that I forgot to turn something on. There were also times where I thought it was dull and I could've added more jokes in. So eventually I just quit and played for fun by myself lol.

valy

Reaction score
Hi Hidden308 I am not recording my gaming because I does not have a screen recorder and besides, I don't see the use of it. Some of my friends do record their gaming and post on YouTube, but in my opinion, this is just a waste of time!

Laibrown

Reaction score
I don't fancy recording my games. Really because I believe I am not a good gamer enough and even the achievements I probably will like to save have been achieved time over and over by some better gamer. So it's not a new or excellent milestone as such then why saving it. More so I don't stick to one game particularly so I don't see reason in recording all my games.

lordrenly

Reaction score
I used to record my gaming in case something interesting happens especially when I was still doing guild wars. I never record my gameplays because I wanted to be a Youtuber or because I wanted to do those Let's Play series. I think after a while, I got tired of it though because nothing interesting happened.

Wolfparttimer

Reaction score
No, I don't like to record myself....I'm too shy to do it! xD
I'm also a casual player, neither a pro nor a noob (Well it depends on the game), but I don't know...I don't find myself recording my gameplay, I'm the kind of player that is silent meanwhile I'm playing so my youtube channel/Twitch would be really boring...
In my humble opinion some people are really good for a stream because they show how they love and enjoy or hate the game, but not everybody is like that (and some people aren't really expressive about their emotions so it's better not to record that).

zeedollar

Reaction score
I have done that just a few times, back when i wanted to maintaine a channel on youtube but later gave up on that decision. These days i just play for the fun.