• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Do you buy items in mobile games?

iTommy

Reaction score
Now a considerable part of mobile games are free to play, while if you want a good game experience, quite often you need to buy items in game. I just want to know if some you guys here ever spent money for mobile games? Was the money spent in the game itself or items in game.
For me, I am not that generous person in playing games, however, if the game is with good quality and not that costy, I'll be okay with that. Such as the following nice gun and if I have new items from games, it is more easier to play and win other users.

What do you think about this?

olaryeankarh

Reaction score
Buy? Lol. I'm sorry I never did that. I'd rather play the game and earn enough game points t purchase whatever I need to purchase. Makes it more fun for me that way :)

fireball916

Reaction score
The only IAP I've ever bought with real money is to remove ads. If I really enjoy the game and the price is reasonable, I'll pay to remove ads to show support to developers.

Zeyad

Reaction score
The only time I bought something in a game was Texas Poker on mobile I was really addicted to the game and always wanted to be ahead of my friends but other than that I haven't bought anything

iTommy

Reaction score
Buy? Lol. I'm sorry I never did that. I'd rather play the game and earn enough game points t purchase whatever I need to purchase. Makes it more fun for me that way :)
I agree that this is correct, more people did not buy points in mobile games
but how if we buy points or features stuffs then we can have more advantages to win other competitors in games, in the case we are playing online mobile games.

iTommy

Reaction score
The only time I bought something in a game was Texas Poker on mobile I was really addicted to the game and always wanted to be ahead of my friends but other than that I haven't bought anything
:) it is really a nice experience.
I have not played this game but played a same game on my PC.

olaryeankarh

Reaction score
I agree that this is correct, more people did not buy points in mobile games
but how if we buy points or features stuffs then we can have more advantages to win other competitors in games, in the case we are playing online mobile games.
Yes, correct!
But sometimes, you know we have to support the developers. It's just not my thing! I'm gonna change soon anyway. Change! Change! :relaxed:

TsuyoyRival

Reaction score
I never did it, and probably never will because I'm more of a PC games customer. But I guess that if I play a very addictive game, I probably would have second thoughts on buying items and also to help the developers.

Gladdy

Reaction score
Nope! I have never, ever spent any money buying items in a mobile game. The reason is pretty simple - I don't want to. I take mobile games as time killer not as real, proper games. I play them when I am bored or stuck waiting somewhere and that's why I don't see them as something that I'd spend my money on. I much prefer saving my money, even if it's a few dollars and buying a good computer or console game.

However, I have many friends that have spent silly amounts of money for games like Clash of Clans.

Hux

Head Forum Admin
Reaction score
I've done it once in CSR Racing 3, bought a Ford Focus RS for like £1.50. I've never done it since nor will I ever do it again as I don't play mobile games very often.

arachnophobik

Reaction score
Yes and no. There was a mobile MMO that I used to play and I was heavily addicted to, but I'm the type of gamer that only wants to do PvP and little to no PvE. The sad fact about the game is that you either have to grind for such a long time, maybe even months to get enough money for the best items in the game. You could also gamble by buying in game currency and using it to open "chests" that may or may not (but most likely may not) give you the best items in the game. So I resorted to buying in-game gold instead from players that sold it for real life currency.

lindbergh

Reaction score
The very first time I had a smartphone and downloaded some free apps, I thought to myself "man, people purchasing in-game stuff are really idiots". I have made a vow never to make an online purchase in a mobile game.

Unfortunately for me, that vow was broken. Multiple times.

The first time that the vow was broken was when I saw a game on the play store that I really really wanted (Virtua Tennis). I immediately purchased the game using my credit card.

The next was when I purchased some items for the online game Clash of Kings. It's a shitty game but I played with friends so it became pretty fun. I went on to purchase a bit more items online, and I may be purchasing more in the future.

If you're playing an online game and you're hooked real good, chances are you'll buy some stuff sooner or later.

iTommy

Reaction score
you know we have to support the developers
It it nice thing that I have not ever heard.
Can you tell me more details about this?
It is better to support game developers if we buy stuffs in games, it is not only for our games but for developers?

kgord

Reaction score
No, I don't spend money on any games. There is enough free gaming around that buying games is simply not necessary. I need my money very much and spending money on gaming is about the last thing I would spend money on.

vinaya

Reaction score
I buy items in mobile games, however, I don't pay money to buy items. Instead I buy through the points I have earned through playing. If there is no option to buy from points, I avoid buying items. Sometimes when there is an option to buy items by sharing your performance on social media and sending game requests, I also use that feature.

Soulwatcher

Reaction score
Not really, the only thing I bought on a mobile game was a map pack for Minecraft. Other then that I always will watch a add or wait the time limit. Some of those mobile games can get pretty expensive. My nephew changed $500 in gas on my brothers credit card for a mobile game. How ever my brother was lucky and was able to do a chargeback and get his money back.

thart

Reaction score
I never buy items i a game before, because i have an app where i can buy items without money, or to purchase game episodes like the walking dead, they offer just the first episode for free.

Jerick Gwapo

Reaction score
Mobile Legends is also and addictive mobile game. I don't usually buy items in mobile legends, I just play and let my BP earned as my money in there to buy heroes. In battle, it is just the same with the people who used their money and those who are playing without buying. The only advantage the players who uses money is that they have premium skins and fragments. If they are buying emblems then their advantage also is that their prep are leveled up.

Have you heard about the issue of League of Legends and Mobile Legends? Seems like they are fighting in court due to copyrights.

iTommy

Reaction score
I never buy items i a game before, because i have an app where i can buy items without money, or to purchase game episodes like the walking dead, they offer just the first episode for free.

So you used a trick to buy paid items without paying them?

fishmonk

Reaction score
I have not bought item in mobile games before. I will only spend on expansion packs. It's not worth for me to do so since I rarely play mobile games nowadays.