• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Do Germans find games like Call of Duty offensive?

Do Germans find games like Call of Duty offensive?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't thnk so

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LeeLeakey

Reaction score
I mean, there are a lot of Germans being killed in the game, how do they feel about killing their own people? and not all Wehrmacht were Nazi.:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

overcast

Reaction score
I think prior to Call of Duty and Wolfestein there were plenty of games where Germans were shown to be vlians. And they didn't mind. I guess some countries such as Russia, Germans are portrayed as vilians. And that's a need of the script. So that's something we have to learn as we go along. We can't really change things around.

Ash

Reaction score
People have to make sure that they remember it is a just a game. And they also have to remember that these are things that actually happened in the past, you can't forgot the different war crimes that were committed by people like Hitler. Of course, not all Germans are responsible for these war crimes. But this game is just like any other movie or book that depicts life in the world wars. People get killed all the time and most of the time innocent people get killed. It shouldn't really offend them that much.

goldlady

Reaction score
I know some people finds it offensive for so many reasons. Not only because of the game, but sometimes even because of it's community. I love Call of Duty, but I can not deny they might have some reasons to feel offended. But it is just like kinhping said... you got to remember that a game is a game. It has a story line and what happened... happened.

sima061

Reaction score
They're probably aware that it's just a game and don't feel that they're killing their own people because they're actually playing a game character who kills other game characters. I'm sure that if people didn't see it that way, many games would become a problem for someone out there who has a reason to find it upsetting or offensive.

airfightermax

Reaction score
Eh, not really. I mean Germans today despises what Adolf with his Nazi ideals did to the world. They are also against Hitler. So I don't think they would find it offensive. Kinda awkward possible, but not offensive.