• Game Rebels: The site that rewards you for posting
  • Join The Awesome ARK Server!

Island PVE (Official Rates x2) by Vurh.Club
    Join Now!
  • The Game Shop V2!

A Complete revamp! Hundreds of FREE games, now available!
    Shop Now!
  • Game Rebels Community

Welcome to this awesome gaming forum
    Register Now
  • Earn Points to Buy Games!

The more you post, the more you earn
    Learn More

Do cheat guides make games too boring?

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by GameCube, Dec 1, 2017.

1. GameCube

GameCube New Member

The whole fun of a game seems to be figuring out a mystery. in that case, cheat guides, though necessary at times, are not something one wants to be dependent on. Anyway, do you all use them?

2. Mace

Mace Less Cancer than Most Moderator

It seems like one of those things that you really need sometimes. Staying stuck on something for idk lets say three hours can get boring. So having a guide to help you lets you move along and just get passed the incredible hard part.

3. GameCube

GameCube New Member

On certain games, like Super Mario Galaxy, it just takes a little mental effort. In fact, it seems like resorting to guides is just laziness, tbh.

4. Pixie06

Pixie06 Member

Of course, they do. I don't like to use cheats while playing. I like to reach my goals by using my own strategies and skills. Actually, gaming helps you to develop a wide range of skills. Some games can help you to develop your problem solving, critical thinking and time management skills. If you use cheats then obviously you won't be able to develop those skills. Furthermore, it is more fun to actually accomplish something on your own rather than using cheats.

Jayson Casinillo likes this.
  5. leeyong

leeyong New Member

I found cheats sometimes help you enjoy or appreciate the game. This is when your stuck in a level or scenario in a game where you think you've done all the possible things to progress in the game. Instead of giving up, I try to find cheats or help to let me continue the game. In that way, I can fully experience the whole game without giving up.

In some games, you are able to cheat money and buy all the possible equipment and upgrade them to the highest possible level. With it, you can dominate the game, beat bosses pretty easily or even dominate other players. It feels good as first, but as time passes by, this is when boredom sinks in, that is why some may think cheats take away the fun of the game.

As a whole, cheat guides are okay, just don't use them always or else it will really make the game boring.

6. gelotologist

gelotologist New Member

I agree that it makes some game kinda boring but you can't deny the fact that you haven't used a cheat on a game your entire life. For me, using a cheat is somewhat part or nature of being a gamer, although it makes it boring for some but it makes it more fun and interesting to some games.

7. Soulwatcher

Soulwatcher New Member

I think that cheats make games very boring. Because what fun is it to get everything that you want when you want. I live to earn everything and that gives me a sense of accomplishment. And I know then because when I was young I cheated on a few games and I became super bored with the game in a matter of minutes.

8. Martinsx

Martinsx New Member

I'm going to be honest about this, I have used cheat guides a couple of times, it really feels good because it gives you an edge and advantage over your opponents.

But the truth of the matter is that, no matter how much you think you are making use of cheats when playing, you are definitely going see one who makes more use of it than you do and he will certainly beat you blue and black.

9. Jayson Casinillo

Jayson Casinillo New Member

I personally like to do a little of both. On my main save, sometimes I will fool around with console commands and spawn in huge NPC battles or fly around Windhelm, nuking everything I see with infinty fireball spells. Of course, playing legit on the other hand gives you some satisfaction that can't be replaced.

10. Henrywrites

Henrywrites New Member

To be able to feel the competitiveness of every game that I play, I try as much as I can to stay away from cheating in the game. What I'm saying is that it makes no meaning cheating to best graphics for it gives me no feel good mindset.

I play Top Eleven football manager and there is a cheat called reduction and tanking, I never felt the need to involve in such as doing so will make me feel bored and the excitement of winning will be long gone.

11. Martinsx

Martinsx New Member

Haha, you can call me a hard-core tanker when it comes to Top Eleven football manager. I actually tanked for about 6 seasons playing for no trophy other than cup and got my team so damn strong.

Immediately I stopped tanking and became competitive again, I was an ass whopper against any team I found myself but I paid the price in all association matches because I got paired with tankers like myself who were way very stronger than myself.