• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

DesireMMO - New MMORPG game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bradley

Reaction score
Redone the post from 20 July 2016

Introduction

This is Beyond Online, the newest MMORPG game on the internet.

This game is about completing quests - doing dungeon raids - Clan wars and much more!
The development started around May 2015 and is currently being developed by me.

What makes this game unique?
I Strive to provide the best RPG experience on the internet, I have big plans such as mercenary hiring, House building, Custom Quests, Control NPCs and Much more!

Will this game cost money?
No, this game is absolutely free to play! We also do not shove ads in your face like other MMO games do!

Is it Multiplayer?
Yes! The game is multiplayer of course, that's why it is called an "MMO". Currently there is 1 realm which can hold 1,500 players. Which is more than enough to get the game kickstarted.

Do you update the game regularly?
Yes, I work on the game and add content more than 4 times a week.

The Latest Update:

As the development carries on, I will post updates in the comments, so expect me to be double posting!

The website http://www.beyond-game.eu/
I hope me transferring the game from 3D to 2D doesn't effect the audience in anyway, it was just so much more convenient and easier to manage alone.

Last edited:

Avex

Founding Member
Reaction score
Been following the development since it began, been improving since day 1 and it's been interesting watching it grow and expand.
I support this development entirely and hope to see it finished and continuously updated. Good luck with it, will be sure to check in on it and purchase it once it's released. :woot:

Bradley

Reaction score
Thank you, it has been really fun to develop if im honest.

Guardian

Reaction score
Looks interesting. Good to see a indie MMO. I hope it turns out well and you have great success with it!

Bradley

Reaction score
Thanks!

Anyway.. time for an update.
v0.0.2
I've been working on the actual gameplay itself.. here is the changelog

• Optimized Gameplay
  • Easier to run
  • Added Various swords including 5 GodSwords
  • Began to create different Biomes to explore
  • Added a Pause Menu
  • Began working on quest 'Lost In The Forest'
  • Began working on the Combat System
  • Began working on the Networking System for Multiplayer

New website update - http://www.desiremmo.uk/ - you may also pre-order here.

Last edited:

Bradley

Reaction score
[Update]
Scripted a start menu to the game which links to the game itself and I also integrated a pause menu so people can change the graphic options (for the older computers) and to exit the game when you've finished playing.

BEFORE YOU HATE ON IT!
The main menu design is still being created, I've just put in a basic design just so I can get it out there - I'm planning on adding shaders and sun flares to the scene to make it look more realistic.

Bradley

Reaction score
[NOTE]
No updates for 10 days, going on Holiday (Vacation).
When I'm home I plan on (POSSIBLY) releasing my first network release for people to connect to and preview the world with their friends, but I cannot promise this at this time.

[UPDATES]
  • Working on new skins for users to use (Will add character customization once we're out of pre-alpha).
  • People who pre-order will be given Golden Access on the website forums (Will not advertise this here as I don't want to be banned;) )
  • Began creating new animations for people to use in-game.
  • Still working on new Biomes.

Cya in 10 - 11 days!

Sylar

General Manager
Reaction score
  • People who pre-order will be given Golden Access on the website forums (Will not advertise this here as I don't want to be banned;) )
Feel free to link your website in this context. However, just posting your website on a profile comment is an area that would result in a hard warning if it is repeatedly done. If it is closely related to your post, I have no problem with it.

Bradley

Reaction score
I will be home on Monday and shall continue the development!

I've got things planned.
Hoping to get the combat system ip and running in this update.

RivaCom

Reaction score
So just some constructive criticism here, as I've been around the world off MMO's since 1998 and Been a amatuer modder / game developer for quite some years. Here are some points I'd like to point out.

• One of my biggest pet peeves with the gaming industry is the coined term MMO. The original definition seems to have flown out the window. 20-50 people does not make a mmo. Just my own pet peeve and had to get it out of the way. I know you want to work up to more, but I think you need a feature and build design before working on more of the game.
  • MMO's are huge tasks and rarely can ever be done by one person. This is a known fact, I spent a good part of my early ears making one, and I'm still on the design portion of it(no code has begun).
  • There is very little information listed about the game except what you would like in it. Basically you just posted a wish list of what you want in a MMO. I think(and maybe you already have) you need to detail outline of every single thing. This should be pages on pages of information from classes, worlds, npcs, features , weapons, combat systems, inventory systems etc.
  • Are we talking PC? Mobile? Console? I don't seem to see where it's listed.
  • From my take(and this is just my guestimate) your just showing off some premades from a pre-built engine(Unity?) I'd wait until some hard coded stuff get's put in before showing off too much.
  • If this is a first for you, I'd recommend deterring away from a MMO and maybe start with a RPG. You'll have much higher chance in completing it.
These are just my rough observations from what I see and my experiences with making games and MMO's in general. I am in no way trying to talk you down from what your doing. Only to rethink how some of the stuff is being done. Either way Good luck to you.

Bradley

Reaction score
As its still being developed I can't really put in full information.

The 20 - 50 player realms are for people who have pre ordered the game and will have early access. in BETA release there will be much bigger servers to play on.

If people would like extra information they can either:
Message me on here
or
email me at essencetnt@gmail.com

I understand that it will be hard work creating a mmo by myself. However with the work ive done so far its gone great and if that means showing people i can do it alone then so be it.

However almost all the work on here is owned and coded by me.
Apart from the character being used. being as im updating the characters animations

Thank you for the feedback.

Last edited:

Shark

Reaction score
It looks amazing I must say, I hope it all turns out nicely :)

Can we get a peek at what the characters will look like?

Bradley

Reaction score
It looks amazing I must say, I hope it all turns out nicely :)

Can we get a peek at what the characters will look like?
Thanks. ive just been given a £500 investment to work on the game with so i can get it going much faster.

and when im home in monday i may show off a few characters yes:).

Shark

Reaction score
What do investors get out of investing?

If you don't mind me asking.

Shark

Reaction score
How much would one have to "invest" to own 20%?

You see, I have some money and I don't really spend alot of money now days, I've sort of slowed down on my spending. I wouldn't mind owning 20% of something.

Bradley

Reaction score
Well honestly im not looking for investors right now.

It was someone close that invested

Status
Not open for further replies.