• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

DC Universe Online

Testament

Reaction score
Does anyone play DCUO? It's nowhere near the other MMORPG's in terms of quality, but it's refreshing and fun. You get to play alongside your favorite DC characters, like Superman and Joker, by creating and leveling up your own superhero/villain. If you're not into medieval fantasy MMO's for example, you should really try this one.

For those of you who already do play, let's get this forum going with our superheroics. :cool:

Sylar

General Manager
Reaction score
I never thought it was very active, the reviews I read said it was a pretty good game, but I just didn't see the audience there to make it really enjoyable for me. How do you like it? Could you describe what you play a bit?

SerSlavos

Reaction score
It's true, that it doesn't offer as much as some other MMO games, but it's a decent game. I don't like MMORPG games that much, but this one was fun for a bit. I like superheroes and the fact that you can make your own is amazing. Too bad I don't like traveling a lot in games and doing same quests over and over, but okay.

castills

Reaction score
It's true, that it doesn't offer as much as some other MMO games, but it's a decent game. I don't like MMORPG games that much, but this one was fun for a bit. I like superheroes and the fact that you can make your own is amazing. Too bad I don't like traveling a lot in games and doing same quests over and over, but okay.
I agree. Flying around and fighting got dull without a group. I was intrigued though, by the audio clips of comics and shows when gathering collectables.

Wish there was more interaction with the original content.

dero56

Reaction score
I've been playing it on and off again when I needed to itch that superhero gaming niche, same with Marvel heroes but DCUO feels more of an mmo than marvel heroes does. It's interesting and keeps you hooked for a few days as long as you don't get stuck and you can really customize your own character and flesh them out. Definitely worth trying out if you've never played it before.

BeardedMamba

Reaction score
I did play this game before, and agree that it's fun and refreshing. My character has the flash type power. I enjoyed the game, but sadly my laptop can't take the game due to it's high requirement, I've only played for a week and then stopped. It was a good experience though, but I didn't miss it that much.

Sino989

Reaction score
I have only really played dc universe once because it's free on the PS4 and me and my friends wanted to try it out and I mean it was a pretty good game for what it is but it's just not my type of game so that's why I don't really play it.

zeedollar

Reaction score
I haven't played it yet but anything DC i will certainly be checking out. Just have to use my favorite DC characters is a compensation enough for me. definitely trying this one out.

castills

Reaction score
I cant even download it. the Steam version is missing some files, and the direct download loads forever before stopping with "network error".

Anyone wanna zip the install file for me? Free heals in game lol (I main support anyway)

fireball916

Reaction score
I've played it for a few hours a long time ago. I though it was fun to fly around and defeat enemies but the story line and the overall quality of the game seemed sub-par. For example the graphics didn't seem all that great from what I can remember. And the controls seemed a little clunky. Perhaps I should re-download it and try it again and so how it's changed since I last played.

rockandgreen

Reaction score
I haven't played it yet but I always seemed like it would be fun to play a superhero styled online game. I may try it in the future.