• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

CS:GO

YellowTrain

Reaction score
Is CS:GO worth getting? What makes you want to play it, and about how many hours do you have in it?

I used to be a fan of games like Crossfire and GunZ: The Duel, and I was wondering if CSGO was anything like these?

Jafool

Reaction score
Short answer: Yes. Buy it.

It's cheap and you'll get endless hours of competative (or casual, if you like) fun.
It's not much like Crossfire or GunZ, it's way harder and there's way more to learn. It's hard for new players to get adjusted to, like I said, it's not an easy game. But all the more exciting when you get the hang of it!

Hope you decide to get the game.

You could also watch some pro games to get your blood pumping and get yourself excited about getting the game. :)

YellowTrain

Reaction score
Thanks!

I always thought earning money each game for guns was an interesting concept. Would you mind explaining that system for me? IE, how much money you earn for kills/winning a round?

Perhaps i'll take a deeper look into it once im done with finals lol

Jafool

Reaction score
Thanks!

I always thought earning money each game for guns was an interesting concept. Would you mind explaining that system for me? IE, how much money you earn for kills/winning a round?

Perhaps i'll take a deeper look into it once im done with finals lol
Well, the economy is a huge part of the game. You start off with a pistol round (this is the first round of the game, you won't have money for anything but pistols and maybe kevlar or a grenade). You gain money for kills, yes. And you gain more money from killing with a worse weapon. But more importantly, your team gets money for planting the bomb or winning a round etc.

I mean, the economy is too advanced for me to explain fully on here but you will learn by playing! :)
Also, again... Watch streams of pro games. You will have alot explained to you and you'll see how the best of the best handle economy.

astroroid10293

Reaction score
Definitely look into it.

The game itself is very fun with the competitive scene, or if you just want to play in the casual mode. As you build up your skill, you will find the game is very fun, and you'll find yourself collecting countless hours. Some difficult things to look out for are spray patterns of the guns, positioning and aiming. You should definitely look into some pros, or just some better players to get a better understanding of how the game works.

Good luck!

Gladdy

Reaction score
Like others have said, it is honestly so cheap that you might just get it. I bought my game key off one of the popular websites for $5. CS:GO is just one of those games that will never get old or go out of fashion. You will always have people playing it. If you enjoy FPSs type of games then you will love it. It might feel a bit weird at first if you are used to playing more dynamic FPSs like Call of Duty but you will get used to it fast.

I'd recommend you buy it and just see. Doesn't steam even have that refund policy thing? Where you can refund the game for no reason if you played less than two hours?

jelleh

Reaction score
I agree, it's only about 13$, and in my opinion, it is worth getting. And indeed, if you play the game for less than 2 hours, you can return it no questions asked!

Neiltarquin

Reaction score
I hate CS...well i like it but i suck playing it. So buy it...

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I got it a few hours ago actually during the sale. I've played CS 1.6 before so I wanted to see what the big deal is all about with CSGO. Lots of skins already for sale and other stuff that require real money, so I'm kinda skeptical about the game. It's just another money-milking idea from Valve instead of them making new games. They just add accessories and players pay for them instantly. I'll have to see the gameplay, but if it's like the ones from before, I'm sure I'll enjoy playing even without purchasing anything.

WarVet

Reaction score
The main thing which makes CS stand out for me is the customization of weapons. While it is a money milking idea you can get free items ocasionally and even make some money yourself (Steam usable only) Still it's worth a play. CS marked an era around here so there isn't anyone who hasn't heard of CS: GO where I live.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
The main thing which makes CS stand out for me is the customization of weapons. While it is a money milking idea you can get free items ocasionally and even make some money yourself (Steam usable only) Still it's worth a play. CS marked an era around here so there isn't anyone who hasn't heard of CS: GO where I live.
Yes but random drops are few and far between. Same with Dota 2. You can't reply on a constant drop and the only way to get them is to constantly play the game. I don't think I have the patience to play a game repeatedly while having to deal with toxic players in the chat. That may be a great time waster for some people, but for me I get sick of things like that fairly quickly.

WarVet

Reaction score
Yes but random drops are few and far between. Same with Dota 2. You can't reply on a constant drop and the only way to get them is to constantly play the game. I don't think I have the patience to play a game repeatedly while having to deal with toxic players in the chat. That may be a great time waster for some people, but for me I get sick of things like that fairly quickly.

Yeah, im with you there. To tell you the truth if you're looking for a decent, high-quality FPS you're better off elsewhere. Now CS is classical. It's a simple and well-liked game because of that and the skins just add to the fun of it.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Yeah, im with you there. To tell you the truth if you're looking for a decent, high-quality FPS you're better off elsewhere. Now CS is classical. It's a simple and well-liked game because of that and the skins just add to the fun of it.
It's more like people want competition. Same with Dota 2. Everyone wants to feel a sense of superiority over other people. Release frustrations, get money by playing other accounts and raising their ranks. These online competitive games attract a certain type of people that will spend thousands of hours and dollars just to buy skins and make themselves look better in comparison to the other players. It's just a toxic place if you don't like being around that sort of crowd.

m33kuh

Reaction score
Is it true though that CS:GO has a lot of cheaters and exploits? I've seen a video where some player was having this map hack or something similar to it. Like if you are a spectator, sure you can see players true the walls right. But this dude was in game and he can shoot to kill any player who came out of nowhere. And it's not the first time that it has happened.

anaatef9

Reaction score
Is it true though that CS:GO has a lot of cheaters and exploits? I've seen a video where some player was having this map hack or something similar to it. Like if you are a spectator, sure you can see players true the walls right. But this dude was in game and he can shoot to kill any player who came out of nowhere. And it's not the first time that it has happened.
It is true the CS:GO match-making has some cheaters. When comparing the number of cheaters to the number of people playing the game it is not that big as people seem to make it. However, smurfing is when higher level players go to the lower ranks and play casually; That is commonly spread in match-making. So when lower-level players face a smurf game after game and then encounter a real cheater. It pushes them over the edge of complaining on the internet because they are frustrated.