• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Crafty Javascript Gaming Engine

overcast

Reaction score
As you can see the javascript gaming engines are not much popular. But due to people avoiding the flash gaming lately, it'd be interesting to see some of the javascript based gaming engines. I found crafty js engine. And it seems to be good for those who wish to get into game development with Javascript.

Here's the game engine: http://craftyjs.com/

Have you tried it?

kgord

Reaction score
I haven't tried it, but I might pass that link along to my son because he is a coder and a gamer. He might use this to try his hand at game development. I think that it could be a useful link for him to put in his arsenal. I would encourage him to do so, and use it for game development, as it might be something he would enjoy.

arachnophobik

Reaction score
Haven't ever coded any game using javascript, but it's nice to know this is how the javascript games I'm playing were made. I've always known that they have a special program made for it, but I've also been confused as I thought that if it's a javascript game, they must've made it through notepad and such lol. I'm bookmarking the site for future reference, thanks man :)

overcast

Reaction score
I haven't tried it, but I might pass that link along to my son because he is a coder and a gamer. He might use this to try his hand at game development. I think that it could be a useful link for him to put in his arsenal. I would encourage him to do so, and use it for game development, as it might be something he would enjoy.
Yes do pass around and update the thread if he or she has created any game with it. I am learning from others. So that would be a good learning curve for me. Also it seems like a good framework in javascript. So anyone having experience with it can explain a lot on that part. I have yet to see some of the gaming engines with simplicity so I can't say this one is simple.

kgord

Reaction score
It might not be simple if you don't have a knowledge of the subject, but since he does, I think it might be something that those with a bit of knowledge could take advantage of. I like having options when it comes to gaming, and this might be something that would be beneficial.

overcast

Reaction score
Yes agree completely. I am trying to find out if this experience of javascript framework can be used for the export to the Android apk. I mean my main focus is to take the game to android ecosystem. That way I'd be able to focus on that part. It would be fair to have some learning curve into this process.