• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Conditions to play Call of Duty?

iTommy

Reaction score
I believe I am having a strong PC and wanted to try this game because I heard about it more on websites.
I want to know what PC specs to play this game? and what is the latest version of Call of Duty? I want to play it offline and single player.

Any advice?

MLF

Reaction score
Seriously? Consult the minimum required and recommended specs from the developer.

Sino989

Reaction score
Lol yeah I agree with MLF. All games have the required and recommended specs on the page of the game lol just look for them.

WarVet

Reaction score
You'd need to give us more details so we can help you bud. Are you operating out of a desktop or laptop? What are your specs? In any case, there is a (fairly) reliable site you can check to have an idea if you can run a game or not:

https://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri

iTommy

Reaction score
You'd need to give us more details so we can help you bud. Are you operating out of a desktop or laptop? What are your specs? In any case, there is a (fairly) reliable site you can check to have an idea if you can run a game or not:

https://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri
Yes I am running games on my desktop.
I am having 8GB of RAM, Chip intel and nivida getforce graphic card, gigabyte main.

iTommy

Reaction score
Seriously? Consult the minimum required and recommended specs from the developer.
Yes if possible, you can share what is the minimum required and recommended specs from the developer?
I would like to compare with my PC specs

Thanks
Tommy

BatmanWayne

Reaction score
Well, the last game of Call of Duty is the Call of Duty Infinite Warfare, this one need the minimum specs:
Windows 10 64 bits, Intel core I3-3225 3.30GHz or equivalent, 8GB of RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 2GB / ATI Radeon HD 7850 2GB, DirectX 11, 80GB on the Hard Drive.
I hope that could help you, dude!

WarVet

Reaction score
Yes I am running games on my desktop.
I am having 8GB of RAM, Chip Intel and nivida getforce graphic card, gigabyte main.

I think you could manage it but in not an expert on the matter. Check the site for a better idea. Keep in mind system labs is actually only an estimated guess. Many games they said I could not run I was able to run on minimal settings so there you have it.

Gladdy

Reaction score
Hey Tommy,

Those specs aren't too useful unless you include an actual number... Just saying you have Intel CPU is useless, there are hundreds of them. I would suggest using the system labs that WarVet linked you.

If you truly want to be sure how the game will run, you can always buy it from Steam then refund it if it doesn't work well? They have the two-hour policy where you can refund the game without questions asked. Just make sure to not play it for more than two hours ;)

Also, there is a brand new Call of Duty getting released in November. You might want to just wait for it.

JaiGuru

Reaction score
I believe I am having a strong PC and wanted to try this game because I heard about it more on websites.
I want to know what PC specs to play this game? and what is the latest version of Call of Duty? I want to play it offline and single player.

Any advice?

The first thing you're going to want to do is to download a program called "Speccy". It looks at all the stuff in your computer and gives you an easy to understand read out of the exact model of your components, as well as some meaningful information about those components. From here you have two good options.

You can go to SystemRequirementslab.com and let it automatically scan your computer and give you advice about where your rig falls according to the bare minimum, and the recommended specs to run the software. This is an okay option but the site isn't always 100% accurate in its predictions. It's good enough that I've never had a problem with it personally, but I've heard others claim it lead them wrong.

The other place you can go is game-debate.com. Aside from having you get more comfortable with what's in your computer, this is why I had you download Speccy. What this website does is let you input your specific components in by hand and save that as a profile. It will give you recommendations about upgrades and give you some user feedback to boot. It's more intensive than the first option, but it's a higher quality experience if you're willing to put in the time to get everything set up.

I wish you best of luck!

iTommy

Reaction score
I think you could manage it but in not an expert on the matter. Check the site for a better idea. Keep in mind system labs is actually only an estimated guess. Many games they said I could not run I was able to run on minimal settings so there you have it.
You are right on this, I have ever read their recommended specs but even my PC is fit to it but could not play the game.
Because it also depends on the software the I am installing or having on my pc.

WarVet

Reaction score
You are right on this, I have ever read their recommended specs but even my PC is fit to it but could not play the game.
Because it also depends on the software the I am installing or having on my pc.

Yeah. Actually, with me, it has been quite the opposite. I read several diagnostics stating I could not run a particular game and when I tried I managed to run on a lower setting or sometimes on the lowest setting possible. That's why I use their system as a guess, not as a definitive resolution.

iTommy

Reaction score
Yeah. Actually, with me, it has been quite the opposite. I read several diagnostics stating I could not run a particular game and when I tried I managed to run on a lower setting or sometimes on the lowest setting possible. That's why I use their system as a guess, not as a definitive resolution.
I like this idea.
It is a good experience to know.

Thanks

valy

Reaction score
Batman gave you the minimum specs, but I don't think it counts that much. I have seen your PC spec so, I think that the latest version of Call of Duty 4 1.9.6, will work just fine on your PC.

goldlady

Reaction score
My favorite is Call of Duty 2. That's the one I use so that's the one I can talk to you guys about. I still have a PC that has the english version of Windows XP and my CPU is Pentium 4. You better have a sound card, obviously. My free disk space is 4GB and I also have a 3D hardware accelerated video card. I think with this basic specifications you should be fine (for this version):