• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Comfort food

Corzhens

Reaction score
If I may ask, what is your comfort food? Most people I know turn to sweets or junk food for their comfort food. Common are ice cream, cake, hamburgers, nuts and other snack food. My comfort food is quite unusual. It is fried banana plantain which comes in a stick and covered with syrupy sugar. When I am stressed out, my husband would buy banana plantain and cook it for me. Instantly I would feel better.

Hux

Head Forum Admin
Reaction score
Comfort food for me can either be a takeaway, or just any pizza.. I love pizza. Other than that I can call any food comfort food for me, as long as it tastes good.

tiasmai

Reaction score
Tomato soup and grilled cheese. It's gotta be the heat and the cheese. I'm a cheese head so the cheese and the tomato flavor together is magical. It soothes my soul. Its a childhood favorite that my entire family enjoys. We sometimes have it for dinner. I could honestly eat that combo five days a week. Soup N Salads restaurant has the best tomato soup in this world. For 6.99 I can eat til I drop. I have to watch the salt intake though. any kind of soup can have high amounts of salt in it, which is why I don't and can't eat soup every day. I guess I could try a low sodium version. NOT.

ravenaclaw

Reaction score
Homemade pizzas, chocolate-coated fruits (banana, strawberry), avocado and egg toast or grilled cheese. I eat chocolate ice cream too. I east comfort food after an intense review, or when I'm feeling down or when I couldn't sleep.

lilac123

Reaction score
Comfort food for me is whatever I'm craving at that particular moment, which changes pretty often. Sometimes it's something warm and filling like soup or chili, sometimes it's junk food. I also consider my mom's cooking comfort food.

pioneerauthor

Reaction score
Really, my comfort food is bread taken with butter or margarine and warm tea. I love taking this anytime of the day, whether I'm just waking up early in the morning, or I'm just back from work, or I'm going to bed.

prasanna kumar

Reaction score
Apart from gaming and farming, the only other thing i love is food, so I eat everything and I love everything . so I consider all foods are my comfort foods, but i really enjoy eating food that i grow by my self.

SimplyD

Reaction score
If I may ask, what is your comfort food? Most people I know turn to sweets or junk food for their comfort food. Common are ice cream, cake, hamburgers, nuts and other snack food. My comfort food is quite unusual. It is fried banana plantain which comes in a stick and covered with syrupy sugar. When I am stressed out, my husband would buy banana plantain and cook it for me. Instantly I would feel better.

Banana cue! I like that too, although that's not my comfort food. My comfort food is a cheeseburger or Mc spicy chicken burger and fries. When I am so tired from work at the office, I pass by a fast food joint to eat those. I feel so happy after that. I take out a cheeseburger and fries too for my husband.

BeardedMamba

Reaction score
Mine would definitely be Pizza. I'm a pizza guy, I can finish a box in one sitting. Favorite flavor would be Hawaiian, I love pineapple. My other comfort food are burgers and tacos.

Sino989

Reaction score
I wouldn't really say I have a comfort food. When I am worried about something I can't really eat anything. I hate eating when I'm stressed or anything like that.

Tills

Reaction score
Don't really have a comfort food but I'm a massive drinker of Coke zero, can't get enough of it

SimplyD

Reaction score
Mine would definitely be Pizza. I'm a pizza guy, I can finish a box in one sitting. Favorite flavor would be Hawaiian, I love pineapple. My other comfort food are burgers and tacos.

Me too. pizza or tacos. They are one of those comfort foods, I always turn to whenever I feel tired or a bit sad. Just eating them can really make me happy already. Well, I guess we are just simple to please.

SimplyD

Reaction score
I wouldn't really say I have a comfort food. When I am worried about something I can't really eat anything. I hate eating when I'm stressed or anything like that.
I am like that before, that when I am stressed I cannot eat properly anymore. Now, when I am stressed I really crave for foods and these are burger, fries, tacos and pizzas.

Zeyad

Reaction score
That would most probably have to be instant noodles. Very easy and quick to make and a real tasty treat, really fun to make as well if you add your own little ingredients to it.

SimplyD

Reaction score
That would most probably have to be instant noodles. Very easy and quick to make and a real tasty treat, really fun to make as well if you add your own little ingredients to it.

But didn't you know that instant noodles are not good for our health? In fact, they can make children sick. That's because it's filled with lots of preservatives is a processed food. It is one of those foods listed as one of the unhealthy foods.
I suppose you don't eat it often anyway.

BeardedMamba

Reaction score
Me too. pizza or tacos. They are one of those comfort foods, I always turn to whenever I feel tired or a bit sad. Just eating them can really make me happy already. Well, I guess we are just simple to please.

Yes, we are! I eat tacos almost every tuesday, in honor of taco tuesday lol.

SimplyD

Reaction score
Yes, we are! I eat tacos almost every tuesday, in honor of taco tuesday lol.

Oh, my! Tacos are one of my comfort foods, but eating it every day would already make me puke. :tonguewink::smile:

When I eat usually, I would eat it for a few days, and after that I don't wanna eat them anymore. I will eat them again after about two months or more, when I miss eating it.

peachpurple

Reaction score
My comfort food is Baked Potato with cheese. I don't eat snacks of junk food much. Baked potatoes are healthy and quick to prepare. If any family members feel lack of appetite, baked potato has soft texture after boiled and the cheese melted on top after baked, makes a wonderful and tasty comfort food.

SimplyD

Reaction score

I like banana cue too. Though, it has to be a ripe plantain made into that. Yes, you are right. I am one of those people whose comfort food is a hamburger. Though, it has to be with lettuce to make it a bit healthy. I also love the fries that go with it.

Neiltarquin

Reaction score
My comfort foods are as follows:
Arrozcaldo
Kwek kwek
Fishball
Balot
Ihaw ihaw
Fried chicken skin
Tapsilog
Dinuguan at puto
Batchoy