• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Call of Duty in 2012: Confirmed

Hidden308

Reaction score
There IS a Call of Duty coming out in the fourth quarter of 2012. This has been determined through Activision's fourth quarter earnings.

Earlier this year the domain Blackops2.com was purchased by Treyarch as well.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/121/1218989p1.html

Will you be purchasing it?

I probably will just because many others will and it will last a good few months.

Sylar

General Manager
Reaction score
I will probably not get it. They're making too many games to keep track of :p
MW3 will last me a good long while anyways :)

death180

Reaction score
There IS a Call of Duty coming out in the fourth quarter of 2012. This has been determined through Activision's fourth quarter earnings.

You say it like your surprised.

RockTalk

Reaction score
Black Ops 2? I heard they recently bought the domain for Bops2 but i though that was just a rumour. DECENT, i love Bops.

rcturbos

Reaction score
Wow this is crazy I didn't think there was going to be another Call Of Duty.. I dont think I will buy this one because I just bought the newest one.

Sylar

General Manager
Reaction score
Same, they totally duked it out with MW3, I thought they were done. Blops 2 will have to be AMAZING for me to buy it.

Hidden308

Reaction score
Yeah I know, right? Money hungry is what is seems like to me.

Ikram45

Reaction score
Black Ops 2 sounds interesting (Iron Wolf I guess?) Anyways, I really hope they add Zombie campaign this time! :)

Hidden308

Reaction score
Yeah there would most likely need to be a new twist into the game if they want sales, such as new zombie modes or even something entirely new.

Ikram45

Reaction score
Yeah there would most likely need to be a new twist into the game if they want sales, such as new zombie modes or even something entirely new.

I agree, Joe. However, I still believe that Modern Warfare Series still has the best storyline out of all the COD Games.

Hidden308

Reaction score
I believe the same. But they will need to make something new if they want to keep it going.

Sylar

General Manager
Reaction score
I tend to agree, maybe add some more russian scenes? Those russian scenes were badass in Blops; I've played vorkuta at least 10 times.

Hidden308

Reaction score
I meant a completely new game mode. One on One? Who knows?

death180

Reaction score
Hah, Call of Duty has had the same bullshit from day one and they continue to garner more and more buyers each year they don't have to change a thing. Black Ops is proof of that, it's literally Modern Warfare 2 with new skins and sounds, most of which were poorly reused from World at War. Nah, nothing has to change.

Hidden308

Reaction score
I agree they keep doing the same stuff, but Blackops is COMPLETELY different from MW2. MW2 is the best CoD made.