• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Suggestion Bring back MC Factions

Gray

Gray
Retired Staff
Reaction score
I know @Matt and @Skip would

Anyways, we should bring MC back. Why exactly you ask?:

1- Tons of people still play the game, and the player base still contuines to grow

2- Factions is one of the best and popular gamemodes

3- Helps the community expand to other games, be fun to go to other games and not just Garrys mod.

Now to contuine on, some people may say "Oh it failed" well really, it wasn't given that much attention and also the people who were ACTUALLY wanting to help the server like @Chroma @Matt myself and some others had ideas and knew how to run them yet really no community feedback was given what so ever... It was left dull in Jordan and Bananas love closet.

People Reccommened A LOT of ideas to the server that were just pushed to the side... Then there was the so called thing that happened where the spawn was destroyed by someone, and you know what, why didn't it have spawn protection exactly? Thing is, this time it should be open to the community and should be taking ideas and people who are willing to contribute to the project and know what they are doing should be involved a lot aswell.. I know it's not really Jordan's fault as he focuses more on Gmod servers then the others as that's kinda his specialty.

Bring back MC Factions, let's spread help spread ourselves to new games that everyone can get on when they want to and have a fun ass time.

@Jordan @zdeathclock

Skip

Super c00l d00d
Reaction score
To a certain extent, yes it failed, but we never really gave it a try is the problem. False promises and hopes to something that was said was going to release, but never did. I can understand some problems affecting the outcome of this but I do not believe we actually gave it a try.

However, as much as I would like to see an EN MC Factions server, I truly doubt many would play on it.

Gray

Gray
Retired Staff
Reaction score
New To a certain extent, yes it failed, but we never really gave it a try is the problem. False promises and hopes to something that was said was going to release, but never did. I can understand some problems affecting the outcome of this but I do not believe we actually gave it a try.

However, as much as I would like to see an EN MC Factions server, I truly doubt many would play on it.
It wasn't really released to the public, it was more of a server for some management to screw around on... As I heard atleast.

Thing to make it successful is good ideas, plugins, staff, and custom features that were Recomended last time we had the server

Korjak

Reaction score
dont let sag grief the world again

Cнroмα

Reaction score
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lZmFY4a92nXeqYMEDy10-4xdh0obl5FQRC8omEuITF4

Created doc of plugins that could be used, more to be added in the future.
I have created countless Minecraft servers from the ground up before and even hosted them with success. I offered countless times to @Matt and a few others for my help on developing it, but all times I was left in the dark. The server wound up dying due to lack of seriousness.

As for your list, you are missing a lot of core plugins, and have a few plugins there that are not quite required. I could help you devise a plugin list if you really want to help make this a thing again.

As for the higher ups, if you are considering giving it another shot, let someone else develop the server, someone who would actually want to see the server survive. And because I have been told a few times that simply stating I know how to do something isn't enough, I AM OFFERING my help on making this a thing. While you were off building the server spawn, I was in the process of creating a server already completely configured, and ready for the uploading to a server host. I got a large portion of spawn completed, and the majority of the permissions set up.

Other than that, I would like to see MC Factions come back here, as that is where I started gaming on the computer.

@Jog @Jordan @zdeathclock @TheGrandBanana

Gray

Gray
Retired Staff
Reaction score
I have created countless Minecraft servers from the ground up before and even hosted them with success. I offered countless times to @Matt and a few others for my help on developing it, but all times I was left in the dark. The server wound up dying due to lack of seriousness.
I feel the same way, regarding the whole help situation, I offered it aswell as many others did. There was a post by Banana who asked for help and a ton of people offered it, yet they were NEVER responded back to.

I've hosted atleast 2 MC community's, one was Factions which was a success till I decided to sell it to my friend. Another I just had to end the project due to the fact I was too busy with school (Plus the server didn't launch yet so... Atleast we didn't have much memebers)

Plugin wise, those are just for now, I said that I will possibly add more, if you have plugins for the list you may send them, Helps always needed :)

Daytona211

Reaction score
Me griefing worlds? Must have been someone else.
I still remember when he brandished the flint and steel in his Aussie accent said "time to roast someone". "NO!" I exclaimed but it was too late he lit the tree aflame and the world was gone. -Eyewitness account of Sag being a female public hair and committing this mingey greifing

Jog

Community Supervisor
Reaction score
We had a faction going with a base and diamonds and shit. In addition I had built a lot of the cool spawn builds with others. I think the decision to take it down was based off of lack of permanent and ever changing management.

If it were to come back we would need to greatly improve the staff presence on the actual server itself.

Realistically it would all depend on who wants to dev, who would manage it, and if someone will make it their full time occupation instead of just playing on it occasionally which was happening with old team.

Matt6868

Premium Member
Premium
Reaction score
We had a faction going with a base and diamonds and shit. In addition I had built a lot of the cool spawn builds with others. I think the decision to take it down was based off of lack of permanent and ever changing management.

If it were to come back we would need to greatly improve the staff presence on the actual server itself.

Realistically it would all depend on who wants to dev, who would manage it, and if someone will make it their full time occupation instead of just playing on it occasionally which was happening with old team.
Gray brought the idea too the community with my help months ago..it seemd other people just took it over and never asked or shared anything with me or him. It seemed like y'all wanted your own thing

Cнroмα

Reaction score

I would absolutely love to be the manager/main developer for the server, however I am not going to give up super admin on CW for it.

If the founders and @Vector are good with it, I volunteer as tribute :p
(as long as I don't loose my spot on CW)

Gray

Gray
Retired Staff
Reaction score

I'm fine with deving/managing it aswell, maybe even me and Chroma can work toghther to make the server 10/10 and for staff to actually work. Deving I find simple for a server, I started a server with 200 slots atleast 3 years ago using basic scratch and the server file that MC gave back then, aswell as the server was Bukkit... However that was 3 years ago.

Jog

Community Supervisor
Reaction score
I'm fine with deving/managing it aswell, maybe even me and Chroma can work toghther to make the server 10/10 and for staff to actually work. Deving I find simple for a server, I started a server with 200 slots atleast 3 years ago using basic scratch and the server file that MC gave back then, aswell as the server was Bukkit... However that was 3 years ago.

Another issue was that banana wanted hard code instead of bukkit which was a reason why it took forever

Gray

Gray
Retired Staff
Reaction score
Another issue was that banana wanted hard code instead of bukkit which was a reason why it took forever
Why not Bukkit? Bukkit is like the best thing out there and is easy coding... Plus like no server what so ever uses Hard code....

Cнroмα

Reaction score
Hard code = Making an ENTIRELY custom and modified Minecraft server? (holy fuck)

Literally no servers do that, as it's pointless. Bukkit is the way to go.

Basically dido to @Gray