• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Blog on Forums?

Kalaborative

Reaction score
I have noticed a few different forums that allow their users to have their own blog on the forum and post content to it on a regular basis. What forum software allows this and is it a good idea to add?

Zahreah

Reaction score
Neverheard of this where your users can have their own blog though there's things like wordpress for your own specific blog

Toxique

MOTM
Reaction score
Never seen a forum like that although I know that a plugin like that is being made for mybb.

Naiwen

Reaction score
I meant no offense Sir or Miss, but I don't fancy the idea.

Toxique

MOTM
Reaction score
Oklahoma City Thunder said:
I don't quite comprehend.

He is asking, what do you think of forums that let members write their own blog posts?

Naiwen

Reaction score
yeah yeah; exactly or Hummm! thats what I've been asking about eh! Or oi oi!

Skeptik

Reaction score
There is a plugin for MyBB for a blog (which would be awesome if added!) and vBulletin.

Skeptik

Reaction score
-Hulu said:
http://mybbsource.com/mods.php?act=view&id=172

i think that is one
Isn't CMS for front page articles?

Toxique

MOTM
Reaction score
I found one http://yaldaram.com/thread-5525.html?highlight=blogs except you have to pay for it.

RAND0M1ZER

Reaction score
I think the forum software you're thinking of is vBulletin. I'm not sure if it was a plugin or not but I remember seeing several vB 3.0 forums with this capability.

Naiwen

Reaction score
RAND0M1ZER said:
I think the forum software you're thinking of is vBulletin. I'm not sure if it was a plugin or not but I remember seeing several vB 3.0 forums with this capability.

How much is it then eh or oi? Just asking!

Toxique

MOTM
Reaction score
Naiwen said:
RAND0M1ZER said:

vBulletin licenses can range from 100-300 Dollars. They are expensive.

Naiwen

Reaction score
Toxique said:
Naiwen said:
RAND0M1ZER said:

Oh okay, quite so oi? Or hey?

Toxique

MOTM
Reaction score
Naiwen said:
Toxique said:
Naiwen said:
RAND0M1ZER said:

Oh okay, quite so oi? Or hey?

Hey Nawien, I also found out that you could also buy some licenses off people for a cheaper amount.

valy

Reaction score
I don't know if it can b considered only a forum, but SEOClerks has the option to add blogs to their site. I am sorry I cannot help you more, but I haven't heard about a specific forum that would allow you to post blogs in their section!

Ash

Reaction score
Never understood why forums offer the chance for users to have their own blog really. I just don't see how it could benefit the forum itself because most of the time if a user did start their own blog, then they would be creating content for themselves and not the actual forum. I understand blogs on forums but one that is run by the actual staff of the forum. They are suited for gaming or promotion forums where gaming news or tips for new webmasters can be posted. A blog can also act as an extra stream of revenue for the forum as blogs do tend to be easier to earn money from compared to forums

zeedollar

Reaction score
I think vbulletin has such feature but i cannot ascertain how useful it is to both the forum owner and user, If you really need a blog, its pretty easy to setup a blog these days on WordPress in less time that making a cup of coffee.

Referal

Reaction score
I would say Forum as it better blogs take up to much of the website space