• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Best tower defense on Android?

MrHurricane

Reaction score
I am curious, which tower defense games do you find the best on Android?
I recently started playing a bit of Kingdom Rush: Origins, which is according to critics, the last in the best TD series on mobiles. It is really a nice game with a good variety of towers, but it is a bit small even for a 5' phone, and sometimes switching to Android desktop forces the game to restart afterwards. thus I have to finish the quite long levels in one go. I am at about level 9 or so out of 25. and one takes about 25-30 minutes to complete.

narnex

Reaction score
Kingdom Rush series is an amazing Tower Defense, I own every one on multiple platforms.

A really good one that is kind of under the radar is Robo Defense. Scaled back graphics and a very limited number of towers, but it is surprisingly addictive. It is a bit of a grind but really progressive so it keeps you coming back. Also you have to create a maze with your towers, rather than setting them beside a pre-set path so there is an added layer of strategy there. You will find yourself tweaking the way you place towers to try and find the best way to layout the maze to do the most damage. You can also just stop in the middle of a level and turn off the app and it will save your progress completely. It is a great little hidden gem.

If you end up playing it let me know what you think.

overcast

Reaction score
Some of the best games I have tried are - "Field Runners", Kingdom Rush" and "Plants vs Zombies". Though there are some of the good games where you can find for it for the free. Some of the games have in purchase items for new level to unlock. So I think ignoring those games, there are not many good options out there for sure.

amitkokiladitya

Reaction score
Kingdom Rush and Plants v/s Zombies are the best mobile tower defense games that I have played. Both are different in their gaming styles but equally addictive.

I love the different towers in Kingdom rush while I love the presentation of Plants v/ s Zombies. Though I do not play them at present , I have both of them still installed in my phone.

luispas

Reaction score
For me it's Clash Royale, this is a very fun game but at the same time is a little sad, because it's a 'pay to win'. It's fine to play it once in while everyday.

MLF

Reaction score
Kindom Rush is my favorite mobile tower defense game. I believe they have made it free to play now, too.

SashaS

Reaction score
Kingdom Rush is probably as good as it gets. Beautiful cartoon graphics, a ton of content, good mechanics and a fluid progress system. As far as I remember, the game is free, although it did cost money before and even then it was worth the download. You essentially have this magical world and you defend areas across a whole kingdom, from green forests to melting volcanos.

The towers you get fall into a rather small amount of classes, but the upgrade tree is pretty huge, making for a lot of variety and freedom further on into the game. There are plenty of different enemies that change as you go through the game and there are quite a few bosses too. What's cool is that there is also an encyclopedia that provides a comprehensive overview of all the characters and items in the game, which is really nice.

There are also heroes and they have a whole variety of skills and abilities which add that extra flair to the game. Definitely a must cop for any tower defense fan, or any mobile gamer for that matter considering that its now free to play.

MLF

Reaction score
Kingdom Rush is probably as good as it gets. Beautiful cartoon graphics, a ton of content, good mechanics and a fluid progress system. As far as I remember, the game is free, although it did cost money before and even then it was worth the download. You essentially have this magical world and you defend areas across a whole kingdom, from green forests to melting volcanos.

The towers you get fall into a rather small amount of classes, but the upgrade tree is pretty huge, making for a lot of variety and freedom further on into the game. There are plenty of different enemies that change as you go through the game and there are quite a few bosses too. What's cool is that there is also an encyclopedia that provides a comprehensive overview of all the characters and items in the game, which is really nice.

There are also heroes and they have a whole variety of skills and abilities which add that extra flair to the game. Definitely a must cop for any tower defense fan, or any mobile gamer for that matter considering that its now free to play.
Yep, it used to be a paid game but they made it free. There are still in-app purchases if you want the extra characters and what not.

Totally agree with your thoughts on the game itself. Great post!

amitkokiladitya

Reaction score
Kindom Rush is my favorite mobile tower defense game. I believe they have made it free to play now, too.
Yes, kingdom rush is a game that is loved by most of the tower defense game players. It is now available as a free to download and play game for Android phones.

amitkokiladitya

Reaction score
Balloons TD 4 was the best TD I've played so far.
Are you talking about BloonsTD? If yes, then it was a good and famous tower defense game for sure. But somehow I never liked playing it a lot. Maybe, it was the sound of the bursting balloons which I could not relate to. I tried playing all the versions but never developed any love for them.

amitkokiladitya

Reaction score

Kingdom Rush was a really good strategy games in terms of diversity of towers as well as enemies. At no point in the game, one would feel bored of implementing the same game plan. Every level was different and demanded a different strategy. Apart from the basic tower each and every upgrade was equally addictive and kept the player engrossed for hours.

thart

Reaction score
Myth Defense is pretty solid, a lot like Robo Defense which is the only other one I've played but they are addicting. Myth Defense is like a fantasy style tower defense game, It's not bad. Starts out maybe too slow and takes a while to get level ups, but solid.

Gladdy

Reaction score
Since Kingdom Rush has already been mentioned what about DigFender? Has anybody played it?

I have downloaded it last week and it seriously awesome. It is a bit different approach to the standard tower defense games but the basic idea is still the same. As you can tell from its name, you have several different levels and before it starts you dig a path underground which you then have to defend from invading things. You have so many nice features - like the upgrades, achievements, and leaderboards.

amitkokiladitya

Reaction score
Since Kingdom Rush has already been mentioned what about DigFender? Has anybody played it?

I have downloaded it last week and it seriously awesome. It is a bit different approach to the standard tower defense games but the basic idea is still the same. As you can tell from its name, you have several different levels and before it starts you dig a path underground which you then have to defend from invading things. You have so many nice features - like the upgrades, achievements, and leaderboards.
Digging a path prior to the start of the game sounds interesting as well as a new concept.

Is the game available for free? May be I should just check it myself. Anyways thanks a lot in advance.

Gladdy

Reaction score
Digging a path prior to the start of the game sounds interesting as well as a new concept.

Is the game available for free? May be I should just check it myself. Anyways thanks a lot in advance.
Yeah, exactly! That's why I think that it is such an awesome game - it brings something fresh and a new twist to an already well-known concept of tower defense games.

And yes, it is completely free. You can download it for Android or iOS. Give it a try ;)

Okaviator

Reaction score
If I were you I would consider checking out Bloons TD Multiplayer. I haven't been able to put it down ever since I got it a few months ago. Check it out, you might end up getting addicted.

zeedollar

Reaction score
Kingdom Rush was an addictive one for me back then. It was really diverse in so many way with different game plots and enemies. the graphics was also pretty impressive. Myth Defense was not all that bad too and i really enjoyed playing it.