• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Best Stats for Runescape Pures

Picnic

Reaction score
Hey everyone, so yes, I do play Runescape sometimes. I have a main and a pure which I mainly play on my pure. So, to start this out, there are several different versions of "pures" in the world of Runescape now-a-days. There are things called, Zerker Pures, Mage Pures, Range Pures, and the old-style pure. I prefer to have an old-style pure myself, they can dish out the most damage within the littlest amount of time and in several different ways. I will start out with the Zerker Pures and move my way along like the list I just gave.

Zerker Pure
The Zerker pure is a tank in and of itself. It is meant to have high strength bonuses due to it's armor and be able to dish out heavy attacks. The downside to this type of pure is that, it is a fairly high level when all the levels are met for max. It has a prayer level of 52, which they can use smite, and take down their opponents prayer and health at the same time. Here is an example of someone's maxed out pure, I take absolutely no credit for the stats either. These are classified as a must have 45 defence and 52 prayer. The attack is generally 60, no lower though, can be higher. The strength is as high as it can get. The magic is usually at 94 so that the character can do a vengeance spell, this helps them when they get hit, a percentage of what they get hit by, is then produced, by the spell, right back at the attacker. Perfect for the wilderness. The range is generally 80 or higher. Those are the classification stats, do whatever with the rest. Most are skillers as well since they loose money while pking.
statstv.png

Mage Pure
The Mage pure is meant to deal with the high number of melee people. Most users start out as Melee characters, this pure is meant to counteract that and get a fairly fast kill since mage is strong against the melee type. These can choose to have defence or not. Preferrably a little defence would help so you wouldn't die as easy from a direct hit. These usually have from 60 to 99 magic. The health stat plays a bit of a role in this too. With magic, depending on how patient you are, can determine your health stat when you are done with Magic. If you are patient, you can get to 99 magic with 10 hp. This skill, if going for 10 hp, can get kind of expensive. Recommended that you can spend at least 1 million at a time on this. Here is an example. Again, no credit to me.
2s0oc37.png

Range Pure
Now, since there are Mage pures out there, there needs to be something that can fight against that, otherwise there is no balance in the world of pures. This is cheapest of the pures and is also the fastest. Range, is one of the easiest skills to level up, and is fairly cheap to train. Only costs are, ammo, bows/crossbows, and armor for bonuses. Usually the Ranger has either 1 defence or 40 defence. This is for the armor and bonuses, depending on which defence level you want, you can train at different places. I will post a guide later about the places to train at. Here is an example of the stats. Once again, no credit to me, credit to whoever made the picture.
iyli7a.jpg
This person did a good job, but should have left the attack and strength stats alone, and got some magic, that way, they could teleport away from battle if needed.

Old School Pure
So, this is of course my favorite. It is a mix of all of the above, it is meant to dish out damage by first, attacking with mage, then do a couple range shots, then just rush in with melee, usually by then, the character you are attacking is dead. This litterally all happens within 10 seconds. This is only recommended if you can afford membership for the account. The stats are anything you like. The strength level is usually as high as you can go, range and mage are recommended to be at 82 at first, then move on whenever you want, the prayer can be, 44, 45, or 52, depending on preference, and the attack, is usually, 40, 60, 80, or 99. The health stat is wherever it lands at when you are done training. Most old-school pures are quite rich. I myself, have 56 mil cash on it and about 20 mil in items ON my pure. Here is a picture of the stats. http://gyazo.com/033ecfd223cc18ea23e5d4503b29cd2a Sorry, the image thing isn't working well with gyazo, I do appologize, will try to get better link for this. I do take credit for this picture, because they are MY stats and no one elses.

Thank you all for reading, please leave your feedback on my tutorial of how to find the best pure for you.

Disclaimer: Any pictures that I say are not mine, I mean it. The pictures that I say are mine, I meant it. If there is any copying of this tutorial and posting on other websites, please inform me/give credit to me.

H

Hawkeye

I used to play runescape ages ago but I lost interest in it when I started college :p

Atom

Reaction score
i never really liked runescape. oh well. this was a good post. what level are you?

Shark

Reaction score
I used to play Runescape quite a lot when I was younger, however I don't really play it any ore: I'm more I to playing Ikov which is runescape private server..

Sort of going off topic now, however this is a nice post you've put together. :)

utneqo7d

Reaction score
I personally don't get pures, I understand the profit of training certain skills only but I don't understand how you can keep up so long practising only the same skills. The thing I liked about runescape is that you could do so much different things and practise so much skills.

On the other hand, nice explanation of how everything works! Haven't played runescape actively lately but I do understand why you need certain skills as a pure to get a certain type of enemy.