• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Best Game In The Metal Gear Solid Franchise?

MichaelSoriano15

Reaction score
For me gameplay wise, it's gonna be The Phantom Pain as its gameplay knocks all of its predecessor's to the ground. Storywise, it's gotta be the 3rd game which is Snake Eater not only it explores Naked Snakes' journey on becoming the Big Boss we all knew to be so evil but as we play this game we find out that he is just a man following his mentors' will.

lindbergh

Reaction score
I believe that Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater (Subsistence) is the best game in the Metal Gear Solid franchise. The game featured a deviation from the usual in-door locations of the previous MGS games to a more open world map. This MGS game provided much more freedom than the past titles and paved the way and set a blueprint for the succeeding MGS games to emulate.

The story was very well told too! It wasn't as convulted as that in MGS 4 or 5. The characters were very lovable (even the young Revolver Ocelot was lovable). The boss battles were brilliant and exciting. It was like playing a movie and there was never a dull moment.

MichaelSoriano15

Reaction score
I believe that Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater (Subsistence) is the best game in the Metal Gear Solid franchise. The game featured a deviation from the usual in-door locations of the previous MGS games to a more open world map. This MGS game provided much more freedom than the past titles and paved the way and set a blueprint for the succeeding MGS games to emulate.

The story was very well told too! It wasn't as convulted as that in MGS 4 or 5. The characters were very lovable (even the young Revolver Ocelot was lovable). The boss battles were brilliant and exciting. It was like playing a movie and there was never a dull moment.

I completely agree to this! Subsistence was great as the developers fixed the camera angling letting the players have a better view of the game. I wish we can get a remaster for the PlayStation 4 but I think those people at Konami aren't even considering it.

lindbergh

Reaction score
The
I completely agree to this! Subsistence was great as the developers fixed the camera angling letting the players have a better view of the game. I wish we can get a remaster for the PlayStation 4 but I think those people at Konami aren't even considering it.
The future of the franchise is now in question ever since Hideo Kojima left the company. He's the brain behind Metal Gear Solid. How the series will push through will be interesting to follow.Hideo Kojima loved to have long cinematic cutscenes. Would the franchise ditch these now that he's gone?

I do believe that a MGS: Snake Eater remake would be fantastic, especially in this era of console gaming. They could expand the game world even more with the current technology that we have. The PS2 had a lot of limitations. If the game was remade today, a lot of things that were not realized in the past would now be implemented.

giovanniiiii

Reaction score
As you have said, it has to be Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater when it comes to story, as it tells how it all began. When I was younger I found it hard to understand the story and just realize then that it was a prequel to the first and second Metal Gear Solid games. I really thought that Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain as groundbreaking for the entire series but thinking that it is the last Metal Gear Solid game from Hideo Kojima makes me sad.

Gladdy

Reaction score
SNAKE EATERRRR! Anybody still remembers the theme song? Damn. I listened to it on YouTube hundreds of time... I even had it on replay. I loved it so much. But yeah, for me personally, Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater is still number one from the whole franchise. I got it as a Christmas or birthday gift, I can't recall but I was so excited. I played the game nonstop for days and I remember how many times it took me to kill The End, that sniper boss.

Snake Eater is just very touching and compelling with all of the characters and the relationship between the Big Boss and The Boss. An amazing game that every MGS fan should play at least once.

Soulwatcher

Reaction score
I like the original Metal Gear on the NES. When I was a kid I discovered that if you walked to the left as you're going into the boss room that you totally bypass the boss lol. I don't know if it was a glitch or if the developers put it there on purpose but it worked every time. :D

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Having only played 2 of them (thanks to exclusive PS3+ games), I wanna say Snake Eater would be the better of the two. Don't get me wrong, the samurai sword fight at the end of 2 was awesome, but Snake Eater still has my (least) favorite boss fight of all time: the sniper duel with the End. Only after months since I played did I find out that you can fast forward the PS2 calendar and he dies of old age :\ Oh well, it was still a fun (and insanely infuriating) boss fight.