• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Best "bang for your buck" GPU?

Frank

Reaction score
I recently had a conversation with my friend about the card I got recently, the GTX 1050 Ti and he disputed this (although had no other alternatives), but I said it's probably the best "bang for your buck" graphics card out there, meaning it the relation between cost and quality is great. I paid $140 for it and I honestly can't find any other that could compare.

What do you guys think?

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I have a 1060 6GB and it's considered the middle ground among modern graphics cards, and for $300 I think it's great. No problems whatsoever with graphics requirements, the software updates come regularly, and I never felt the need to upgrade it since it always delivers when I'm playing a game. I never even had to overclock it to get my desired results. If you're trying to get into the more modern ones, I feel like the 1060 will set you up nicely for the next few years or so if you don't go straight for the newest games on ultra settings.

Soulwatcher

Reaction score
I think the Geforce GTX 1060 is the best bang for your buck. It's as fast as a Geforce GTX 980 and it only costs $299 for a Evga 6GB Geforce GTX 1060. That card will run most modern games at MAX~High setting and should run games on Max~High settings for the next 3 years.

Frank

Reaction score
Yeah, I considered 1060 as well, although it was quite out of my price range so I had to "settle" on 1050 Ti which has 4GB of RAM which I guess is somewhat better than plain 1050 which has only 2.