• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Best Apps

sapett

Reaction score
Which platform has the best applications? Is it the Google Playstore or iTunes Store?

I personally have found that the iTunes store has the best apps. They also have more of them to choose from. However, when it comes to prices, I'm not sure who wins.

Toxique

MOTM
Reaction score
I have an iPhone so I am mostly on the iTunes Store, however I know the Google play store has the same apps usually. I think it's hard to tell which site has the better apps as usually they both have the same apps or different variations.

Guardian

Reaction score
As long as you steer clear of Windows, you're doing better than me. xd Windows has terrible selection, and what it does have has terrible functionality.

Zahreah

Reaction score
All about the Play Store! Plus the fact it's on Android, the superior platform. :)

Play Store is more indie friendly i hear and they overtook the iTunes store in 2014 in terms of app numbers, Though some of these "indie apps" on Google Play are just terrible.

Chadwictastic

Reaction score
Some of the best apps are available for each platform of phone. I have about 400 apps all of which are free except for the games. Some are pay for service like uber and Lyft some are not available yet like adoption services. Some are extremely useful like Mapquest and Facebook but have been abused by others. Google is by far the most useful app.

EJ Burg

Reaction score
The iPhone App stores collection i'm pretty sure is much greater but to be honest most of the apps and games that are available on the google Play Store are also available on the AppStore and visa versa

Ipa07

Reaction score
I think Google Playstore have better apps because of AppStore app restrictions and because AppStore is more expensive to platform to publish games. So smaller devs usually publish to Playstore because it's easier and cheaper.

overcast

Reaction score
I am biased to Google Play Store. You can find a lot of good content on the store. There are however some games in genre for kids games which are free. I have played mostly the free games. You may want to check out paid games which are lot better than the iOS. So that's something worth checking if you ask as Android is growing more than iPhone market.

arachnophobik

Reaction score
I am biased towards Google Play store because I found the freedom of modifying the phone yourself using Play Store apps is great. I personally like to root my android phone and download Greenify in Play Store to minimize the battery consumption and speed up the performance of my phone. Aside from that, I find the bloatware uninstallers for Android are quite handy when it comes to branded phones with a lot of bloatware.

amitkokiladitya

Reaction score
I have always used an android phone till date so for me it is the Google Play store which is the best. I find iPhone very complicated in working so do not opt for them. Google Play store has everything in it and that too with an amazing presentation and easy accessibility.

dracula77

Reaction score
If you develop apps, it's important to know how both the AppStore and Google Play work.i like app store becouse You do not need to repeat the keywords that are in the title of your application or developer name, use as much as you can from the 100 available characters to place new words.

Pixie06

Reaction score
I have always had android phones and so far I have been using the Google Play Store only. There are so many apps available on the Play Store. You can just get anything that you want to. However there may be cases where some of the apps do not work. The best thing is that they are many free apps.

luispas

Reaction score
I rather the Play Store, I only had Samsungs so I used a lot that store, it has a lot of games and the most of them are free, so I'm really comfortable with it.

Okaviator

Reaction score
The best application for me would have to be World of Tanks Blitz. The community is the main thing that attracts me. Over my 4 years of playing Blitz I've met hundreds of people that I consider friends today.

streettallest

Reaction score
if you are a user it depends on your type of phone.I use an android phone and have seen alot of wonderful apps that goes on the play store for free. there are lots of paid apps too with wonderful prices. But i have not really compared them or read any online reviews about them.

joegirl

Reaction score
Its Google playstore for me. I have never used iTunes before. I find Google play store very easy to use.

thart

Reaction score
As long as you steer clear of Windows, you're doing better than me. xd Windows has terrible selection, and what it does have has terrible functionality.
Windows phone it's a complicated system, and there is no good apps there.

Deathisue

Reaction score
All my life i used android, so i have to say the playstore, It is inevitable not to use it, there you can find a lot of apps clones but still you can find unique apps there, i prefer the playstore for the moment.

valy

Reaction score
Hi, I think Google Playstore have better apps, that are not that expensive and I can pay directly from my bank account. This matter to me because it is much easier to buy these apps. I have tried iTunes but I just could not find myself there!

lindbergh

Reaction score
I picked android at another thread so I'm sticking with it on this one. I think that Android has the best apps offered as compared to the iOS apps. The thing is, there are a lot of apps right now available on the Play Store and the Apple App store seems to pale in comparison. Okay, you may say that quantity is different from quality. Well, you see, since there are a lot of developers now placing their apps on the Play Store, that increases the chances of the Play Store to accumulate higher quality apps.

Though it is true that a lot of apps on iOS are also available on Android, there are also a lot that are not available. The more apps selections, the better.