• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Aryan Ban Appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aryan

Reaction score
Teamspeak Name: Aryan The Hecklester
Teamspeak UID (User ID):iMcZB0WOZLi+HQfUtc9qH6k1tc0=
How long were you banned for?: 12 hours
Who was the person that banned you?: Ares banned me for 30 mins but Sparks increased it to 12 hrs
What is the exact ban reason stated?: Racism
Why should you be unbanned?: I agree I said the n word but it was not directed to anyone I said it in a jokingly matter saying "Nigger Faggot" this is not my first time but i was pretty alone in my channel with ares,octavion and vitality but my ban was for racism and racism is usually directed to someone supposed to hurt someone etc, In my opinion being banned for 11 hours for saying nigger faggot again not directed to anyone for the reason racism doesnt make that much sense because racism has to be directed towards someones race etc, or even directed to a race, but nigger faggot was directed towards no one just a joke, literally people in my school take a lot of less offense if someone ever said Nigger faggot, I agree that if I said ares is a nigger or something I would deserve the ban but I literally was chilling in my channel and said "Nigger Faggot" Not directed to anyone. I would love if my ban was reduced but if it doesn't its fine but if it gets increased because of this post stating my opinion that is childish on the other hand but yea, I made this post just to point out this rule I guess.

Fallenpyro418 (Sparks)

Community Supervisor
Community Supervisor
Administrator
Reaction score
You failed to properly fill out the requested field: What is the exact ban reason stated?:

Aryan

Reaction score
<14:33:58> You are banned temporarily. Reason: "Rascism"
Try again in 11:18:59 sparks u ok?

Ace1649

Reaction score
-1 You've been warned on the server for this also... The word itself is derogatory hence why it is considered racist to use the word, in no shape or form should you be saying it or saying something else that can even remotely be assumed as you trying to saying "n....." for example since you don't seem to get it don't use the following: Nibba, niger, etc. Don't be a smartass, refrain from all of it.

Fallenpyro418 (Sparks)

Community Supervisor
Community Supervisor
Administrator
Reaction score
I'd like to point out that + 1 and -1 will not be taken into account unless you have evidence to support the case.

Tessa Bear

Reaction score
Aryan, I'm not gonna +1 or -1 considering I have no idea about what happened, however, it's only 12 hours. Posting a ban appeal is completely unnecessary. But uh, you saying the 'N Word' is a slightly regular occurrence, perhaps too regular. Honestly, I'm surprised you weren't already banned. Just accept the 12 hours and don't do it again.

Aryan

Reaction score
Again ace I agree with you but the thing is the defintion of racism is prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior. It wasnt pointed out to anyone at all even though it is a derogatory term it goes against the definition of racism and this was a word put in a jokingly matter and wasnt pointed out to anyone so it should not offend anyone as it was a joke and it was not directed to anyone its like you jokingly saying nigger faggot and someone saying niggers should die one is racism the other is a joke

Guardian_EN

Reaction score
+1 Because if its ok to straight up say "you N****R" in ooc and not get warned (ahem Bradley) then it shouldn't be bannable to say it jokingly in TS

Fallenpyro418 (Sparks)

Community Supervisor
Community Supervisor
Administrator
Reaction score
Teamspeak rule 11 states "Racism / Racial Slurs are not allowed and will be followed by a kick from the server as a warning and then a ban by any staff with ban powers. The situation must also be reported/approved by a head help desk/help desk staff or any higher staff if need be."

Aryan

Reaction score
I have to be a smart ass here but uhh why is a racial slur that is put in a jokingly way bannable or if it doesnt include harassment towards anyone then wouldnt that just make it a slur? and Not a racial slur?

Fry

Reaction score
+1 So many other people have used racial slurs around TS Staff and this is the first time I have seen someone banned for it. If you are going to ban one person for breaking this rule then you have to punish the rest.

Ace1649

Reaction score
Derogatory- showing a critical or disrespectful attitude.
Discrimination- the unjust or prejudicial treatment of different categories of people or things, especially on the grounds of race, age, or sex.

Using the word itself is unjust to be used as it targets those who are black and can't be taken lightly. Not only that, but faggot is also a derogatory slang word for someone who is homosexual. Whichever way you put it, you have identified a group of people with KNOWN derogatory terms, therefore being unjust treatment as everyone is seen as equals. @Guardian It wasn't said in OOC chat, you claimed he had said it and no else was able to support it. There has to be proof, also I don't have access to logs for some reason so I couldn't check if he did or not, but it in admin chat to be looked at. There has to be evidence before a warn.

Fallenpyro418 (Sparks)

Community Supervisor
Community Supervisor
Administrator
Reaction score
The fact that you fail to comprehend what you did wrong and can't simply admit you were wrong and apologize proves that you need to learn in a more forceful mannor.

Appeal Denied

Status
Not open for further replies.