• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Anyone play the Splatterhouse series?

JayWifi

Reaction score
A few years ago I've found out about Splatterhouse 3 from a video online talking about its multiple bad endings, and ever since I have played it I have loved it. The title offers cool music and an eerie atmosphere that I don't find very often in games nowadays. I found the countdown timer added to the intensity of the game.:) I have also bought the newest Splatterhouse for PS3 which included the original games as a bonus feature. I find the original 2 games to be as eerie as 3. Have any of you played this wonderful series?

joshposh

Reaction score
Back when the first Splatterhouse came out for the turbografx16 it was the game to get for that console. I remember it competing against the Sega Genesis and people at the time was comparing it to Ghouls and Ghost. But sadly, I never got the chance to play it. I was a Sega Genesis fan.

beastmaster184

Reaction score
I remember the boxes on the nes alongside the cover art on 2 but i did not know there was a 3

RobotDinosaur

Reaction score
I loved the Splatterhouse series! If you haven't given it a shot yet, try picking up or emulating Splatterhouse: Wanpaku Graffiti for the famicom. It never made it to the US but imagine a cutesy version of Splatterhouse with classic monster movie bosses (Dracula, Werewolf, et cetera).
It was recently featured in the Best of NES Big 20 speedrun and was an absolute blast to watch people play through!

Clara1993

Reaction score
I didn't play much of splatterhouse series but I played very little i mean that like going through old games and then I crosses on splatterhouse arcade, I liked it's horror side of Zombie dogs that likes to snack on zombie remains uh that's disgusting but was interesting and I must say that spatterhouse was the right name for the game till when they released the wanpaku graffiti, this one I didn't like it when I tried it.

Gladdy

Reaction score
Haha, I remember this game. I was only allowed to play it while my parents supervised me due to its theme and violence. I was pretty young back then but I still remember Rick and his mask! I didn't play any of the newer releases though, just the original but it was awesome. Are the reboots as good as the original one was? Perhaps I'd buy it.

Overall, a really good beat em up game regardless that it was made in the late 1900s.