• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Anyone going to the International?

Squigly

Reaction score
The date has been announced: 3rd August to 8th August at KeyArena, Seattle. Seeing how last year's prizepool hit 5 million I'm pretty stoked to see what the numbers will be this year. Tickets are already sold out, sadly.

m33kuh

Reaction score
Man, I wish I can go to this year's The International 7. But sadly I can't for many reasons one being the money. :'( But I guess it's okay since I can still watch the whole event via Twitch so it still feels like I am also in there but man, wish I could go.

fishmonk

Reaction score
Man, I wish I can go to this year's The International 7. But sadly I can't for many reasons one being the money. :'( But I guess it's okay since I can still watch the whole event via Twitch so it still feels like I am also in there but man, wish I could go.
Same. It's too expensive for me to go to Seattle to watch the tournament. I am just gonna chill and watch on Twitch as well.

m33kuh

Reaction score
It's hard bros. Specialy if you are living on the other side of the road like me.
But if Valve invites me and covers all the cost then yeahhh~! :D

fishmonk

Reaction score
If they hold the International in China, I might consider going. The ticket price is not the problem but the travel expenses can be humongous.

m33kuh

Reaction score
True that. We can always deal with the tickets. You wouldn't even go to that place if there's an International held or any major valve event if you are only to watch, right? I mean, you gotta have some extra money for other things, like girls, and souvenirs, and hotel and stuff, and more girls. Right? :D

fishmonk

Reaction score
Agreed, the Secret Shop will eat my wallet alive. I think I will have to eat cup noodles for meals then.

m33kuh

Reaction score
Indeed. I remember eating cup noodles for like a couple of months just to get my graphics card.
It was all worth it though.

fishmonk

Reaction score
Indeed. I remember eating cup noodles for like a couple of months just to get my graphics card.
It was all worth it though.
Well, a good graphics card is definitely worth the money. The newer games are becoming more demanding on my PC.

m33kuh

Reaction score
Well, a good graphics card is definitely worth the money. The newer games are becoming more demanding on my PC.
Right. Now is the time to buy a new one because of the Bitcoin prices going down.
Eventually there will be a lot of graphic cards for sale.