• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Any game similar to Battle Realms?

lindbergh

Reaction score
I love playing real time strategy games on the PC. My all time favorite is the Red Alert series. This game made me feel like a real general in charge of military operations. There are a lot of games similar to Red Alert nowadays. Now, I'm craving for something else. Something like Battle Realms.

Battle Realms which was published and released by Ubisoft way back in 2001 is also a real time strategy game. But instead of focusing on a military or sci-fi setting, it went way back to medieval Japan.
battle-realms-pc-game-screenshot-gameplay-review-2.jpg

The game had Samurais and ninjas, spearmen and archers, hunters, healers, necromancers, horses that could be tamed and used in battle and heroes galore. Troops had both melee and ranged attacks and had special skills and abilities which made every troop useful in battle. The game also featured four factions, each with different troops and heroes and special attacks.

This game was one of my favorites back then. It even had high critic scores! Are there other games similar to Battle Realms that are out for the PC right now? I really want to get one.

valy

Reaction score
A similar game to Battle Realms is Total Annihilation and this game is really good. This game takes place in the future and focuses on a galactic war with battles on the surface of moons and different planets.

Gladdy

Reaction score
I am guessing that you've already tried some of the biggest RTS names like Age of Empires right?

The most similar games to Battle Realms that come to my mind are probably:
- Warlords Battlecry,
- The Settlers franchise,
- Total War,
- Rising Kingdoms.

Google these names and try to find some YouTube gameplay videos to give you a better feel of what they're all about :)