• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Anonymous Calls For Internet Blackout

Toxique

MOTM
Reaction score
On Friday, Anonymous called for an Internet blackout in protest of CISPA, which passed the House on Thursday. If signed into law, CISPA would make it legal for websites to give your personal information to the U.S. government without your permission. Naturally, the hacker collective anonymous is not happy, calling for an Internet protest on Monday, April 22.

[video=youtube]http://youtu.be/i_nFyavcld4[/video]​

The YouTube account "anonops" published a video (above) calling for support. Various Anonymous-related accounts are attempting to get the hashtag #CISPABlackout to trend on Twitter, in order to spread awareness of the cause.

9ff968dbead66dd31aa58b63714fe14f.png

7d179707f55dd8d1eee3849780e58cbd.png

A subset of Anonymous, posting on a site titled Anon Insiders, posted the following:

We are going dark on MONDAY April 22nd at 6 AM GMT for 24 hours to protest your illogical and terrorizing bill against the Internet itself. Even with the whole Internet crying out to stop this BILL, the US House of Representatives failed to do so blinded by lobbyist’s money and cum in your eyes. So we will take action ourselves and open your eyes. Every popular/mainstream websites will be black until you, Mr. DronObama promise us to use your VETO power to stop this bill at Senate. Take this as a protest or a warning, as you wish. One thing is for certain, neither you or anyone else in this world can control the Internet, so don’t even try.

The plan doesn't involve shutting down or attacking the Internet in any way, it just wants all websites to go dark in protest for 24 hours on Monday. It is not yet known which websites will participate in this blackout.

This will not be the first Internet blackout in protest of a government bill. On January 18, 2012, more than 7,000 websites, including Wikipedia, Reddit and Google, protested SOPA (Stop Online Piracy Act) and PIPA (Protect IP Act), which were accused of similar breaches on online privacy. Two days later, the bill was shelved indefinitely.

President Obama has threatened to veto CISPA for failing to adequately address privacy concerns.

Source

P

Piracy

Kinda interesting... I wonder what ProTechModz is going to do about this though, kinda interested in what staff has to say..

Pulseeey

Reaction score
No point in PTM closing for 24 hours.. it won't affect anybody because nobody comes on.. lol.

Pluto

Reaction score
Anonymous will do what they can to stop this, If that means DDoS'ing every .gov domain so be it. I personally hate our Gov't.

Toxique

MOTM
Reaction score
Piracy said:
Kinda interesting... I wonder what ProTechModz is going to do about this though, kinda interested in what staff has to say..

ProTechModz will stay up during the black out.

The Main Pimp said:
No point in PTM closing for 24 hours.. it won't affect anybody because nobody comes on.. lol.

Stop trolling you.

Electric Shock

Reaction score
If I were you, tox, I would have blacked out my site with this at the home page:

obama_tired.jpg

Pulseeey

Reaction score
Electric Shock said:
If I were you, tox, I would have blacked out my site with this at the home page:

obama_tired.jpg

An excellent idea. :}

Toxique

MOTM
Reaction score
Sorry Pimp but I'm going to have to pass on that one :*[

TheGod

Reaction score
Lol Barry is a joke, screw him. He won't do anything to stop it, guranteed :/

Nokturnal

Reaction score
Tyler De Rukus said:
Anonymous will do what they can to stop this, If that means DDoS'ing every .gov domain so be it. I personally hate our Gov't.

You should be appreciative of the country youive in. Not many other countries offer the freedom you have here.

P

Piracy

Nokturnal said:
Tyler De Rukus said:

You should be appreciative of the country youive in. Not many other countries offer the freedom you have here.

Freedom our government is slowly trying to take away.

Electric Shock

Reaction score
Piracy said:
Nokturnal said:
Tyler De Rukus said:

Freedom our government is slowly trying to take away.

Could not have been said better.
I'm still hanging onto the fact that OBAMA IS STILL TOO TIRED TO GIVE A SHIT.

Toxique

MOTM
Reaction score
Did anyone see any websites that blacked out? I was expecting Google to black out but it never did...