• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Amd Ryzen series good?

Inqogn1to

Reaction score
71188-1488071956186283_origin.jpg

Concidering to upgrade my Cpu. Would the ryzen be worth it?

thart

Reaction score
It's amazing.
AMD has launched a series of processors Ryzen bazed on a new architecture (ZEN) and obliterates its current generation of CPUs.

Soulwatcher

Reaction score
View attachment 508

Concidering to upgrade my Cpu. Would the ryzen be worth it?
Ryzen is a great chip and can perform as good as a I7. So I would say yes it s a good deal. How ever if you have the budget and want extreme performance then I would go with the I9. The I9 blows the Ryzen out of the water but the only problem is the I9 is $1000.

Inqogn1to

Reaction score
Ryzen is a great chip and can perform as good as a I7. So I would say yes it s a good deal. How ever if you have the budget and want extreme performance then I would go with the I9. The I9 blows the Ryzen out of the water but the only problem is the I9 is $1000.
Oh that's a super Cpu but I can't afford it though. I think I'll go somewhere in the middle tier with Ryzen. Seems like a good option for me having done some more research now on it.

valy

Reaction score
Ryzen is a great and performant card but is very expensive too, for £500 you get a chip with 8C/16T, 3.6GHz base clock, and 4GHz boost clock. I told you this is really expensive but if you have the money to invest I think it worth the money. I won't buy it very soon, maybe in few years when its price will fall.

kenoobie

Reaction score
Personally, I think its great. The reviews about the CPU is great and its 1600x and 1800x are comparable to an i7 at a much cheaper price.

Inqogn1to

Reaction score
Personally, I think its great. The reviews about the CPU is great and its 1600x and 1800x are comparable to an i7 at a much cheaper price.
Yep those two are the main reasons for why I am leaning towards buying the Ryzen instead of the I7. However if the I7 would have similar pricing I think I would be more prowned towards Intel. Mainly because I'm a bit curious I guess (Have not owned Intel) before. Thanks for your input!