• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Age Of Mythology - Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrX

Reaction score
Age of Mythology also known as AoM is a Mythological Real time strategy game. It was developed by Ensemble Studios and Microsoft Game Studios published it in 2002.

My Review
The story(Campaign) mode of the game is the best part where the story begins from Atlantis where Arkantos leads to return the favor of Poseidon the God of Waters.

I liked the way the characters appear and the music and the sounds in the game.. There are special powers which you get when you Advance to an higher age which are powers gifted by the Gods..when you Upgrade you are asked as to which God do you want to upgrade to and you can see what benefits you get when you upgrade with them.

Its a very nice Strategy game where you need to keep control over your resources.. assign workers to collect resources for you and then at the same time also build an army to protect your city and to conquer another city!

There is also an Scenario Editor where you can design your own campaing and play with your friends as Multiplayer gaming is also supported in AoM.

The game is quite old and I know there are much advanced games like DoTA out there but this was one game which I spent hours playing..

My Rating
9/10

The reason I dont give it a 10/10 is I may just come across another game which could be much better.

Zahreah

Reaction score
Game from 2002?
So is the graphics and everything not so good?

MrX

Reaction score
This is how the graphics look

age-of-mythology-gold-edition-20110706115153109-3485868.jpg

Zahreah

Reaction score
Ahh,
So not the best graphics ever then :p
I Wasn't expecting anything spectacular anyway.

Toxique

MOTM
Reaction score
MrX said:
This is how the graphics look

age-of-mythology-gold-edition-20110706115153109-3485868.jpg

The graphics look better than most of the other games related to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.