• Game Rebels: The site that rewards you for posting
  • Join The Awesome ARK Server!

Island PVE (Official Rates x2) by Vurh.Club
    Join ARK Server! Join ARK Discord!
  • The Game Shop V2!

A Complete revamp! Hundreds of FREE games, now available!
    Shop Now!
  • Game Rebels Community

Welcome to this awesome gaming forum
    Register Now
  • Earn Points to Buy Games!

The more you post, the more you earn
    Learn More

Age Of Mythology - Review

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by MrX, Dec 20, 2012.

Age of Mythology
Rating:
0.00/5,
0 votes
From Ensemble Studios™, the creators of Age of Empires and Age of Kings, comes Age of Mythology, a game that transports players to a time when heroes did battle with monsters of legend and the gods intervened in the affairs of mortal men.

Taking on the role of one of nine ancient civilizations, players guide their people to greatness by commanding all aspects of their empire: gathering resources, raising massive armies, waging war against enemies, establishing profitable trade routes, building new settlements, enhancing production or military might with improvements, exploring new frontiers, and advancing through four distinct ages.

In their struggle for supremacy, players can use mythological creatures like Minotaurs and Cyclopses to bolster their armies' strength. Players may also call upon the gods for assistance in flattening enemy towns with meteors or scattering opposing troops with lightning storms.

Age of Mythology's revolutionary 3D engine provides the game with gorgeous environments featuring lifelike rolling terrain, beautiful waves and water, realistic sunlight, and lush forests. The units roaming these environments are incredibly detailed, move naturally over the terrain, and come to life through hundreds of fluid animations. Amazing special effects change the look of this beautiful world when the gods get involved: all grows dark as an eclipse takes effect, funnel clouds twist and grow as a tornado sends buildings spinning toward the heavens, and meteors streak in from the heavens to send people and armies at the point of impact flying.
Players: N/A
Co-op: No
Genre: Strategy
Release Date:

Screenshot

Fanart

Game Trailer
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrX

MrX New Member

Age of Mythology also known as AoM is a Mythological Real time strategy game. It was developed by Ensemble Studios and Microsoft Game Studios published it in 2002.

My Review
    The story(Campaign) mode of the game is the best part where the story begins from Atlantis where Arkantos leads to return the favor of Poseidon the God of Waters.

I liked the way the characters appear and the music and the sounds in the game.. There are special powers which you get when you Advance to an higher age which are powers gifted by the Gods..when you Upgrade you are asked as to which God do you want to upgrade to and you can see what benefits you get when you upgrade with them.

Its a very nice Strategy game where you need to keep control over your resources.. assign workers to collect resources for you and then at the same time also build an army to protect your city and to conquer another city!

There is also an Scenario Editor where you can design your own campaing and play with your friends as Multiplayer gaming is also supported in AoM.

The game is quite old and I know there are much advanced games like DoTA out there but this was one game which I spent hours playing..

My Rating
    9/10

The reason I dont give it a 10/10 is I may just come across another game which could be much better.

2. Voi

Voi Active Member

Game from 2002?
    So is the graphics and everything not so good?

3. MrX

MrX New Member

This is how the graphics look

[​IMG]

4. Voi

Voi Active Member

Ahh,
    So not the best graphics ever then :p
    I Wasn't expecting anything spectacular anyway.

5. Toxique

Toxique Well-Known Member

The graphics look better than most of the other games related to it.

6. Travis

Travis New Member

Those graphics are actually pretty good.

7. Scholarkin

Scholarkin Member

Great game with good graphic design. I love legends.

8. binaryteck

binaryteck New Member

They need to improve on the graphic. It's shambles.

9. xicor97

xicor97 Member

Best game ever from my childhood

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.