• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Abusive friends

Corzhens

Reaction score
Have experienced being abused by people you consider to be your friends? We used to have lots of friends in our former residence. And when we moved here in the suburbs, we kept our home from most of our friends because we are really avoiding them. Not so few have borrowed money and never repaid. Some even used our name for their evil schemes. We are now choosy with friends because of those abusive friends.

ballyhara

Reaction score
I totally feel you there, I had to became very picky with my friends. My grandma used to say: trusting sucks, and now I know what she was meaning. I had a very bad experience with a friend, she started like that friend that is always there, and help you out when you do the shopping, or lend you her tools, then one day she was starting to call a lot of times by phone, she tried to borrow money, she even was trying to plan my day. Seriously the nightmare of all neighbors ever! I had to put a limit, she got angry, but I prefer to keep it that way, it was way too annoying.

SimplyD

Reaction score
Have experienced being abused by people you consider to be your friends? We used to have lots of friends in our former residence. And when we moved here in the suburbs, we kept our home from most of our friends because we are really avoiding them. Not so few have borrowed money and never repaid. Some even used our name for their evil schemes. We are now choosy with friends because of those abusive friends.

That is a nice move indeed if you don't want those abusive friends to keep bothering you. Actually, if a friend borrowed from me and won't pay me, she can never borrow from me ever again. Besides, I distance myself from her already and not talk to her at all.
Friends like that are not worth having.

TsuyoyRival

Reaction score
Yes, i had this type of experience during college, where some of my friends just were near me to get my answers during exams. Now i just send them to make a whirl and don't even look at them nowadays if i pass through them in the street.