• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

A more modern future

MrCreaper69

Reaction score
Now with the modern styling technologies and coding experience people are making much more effective way of doing things. People are finding new JavaScript techniques and even making their own, people are sharing written codes openly source for people to enhance on their own watch. Things like Jquery, Javascript, CSS and php are just another step web designers and developers are taking to get to that next professional level, when CSS was first at a release people had shon upon this opportunity to a new more modern look to the internet rather than just plain tables and borders. The introduction of Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) was truly a web design and development milestone, but this was released 15 years ago (17 December 1996 OLDER THAN ME :eek:) so how long is it that we have to wait for another milestone to web technologies and development tools?

CSS1 was introduced 15 years ago, CSS2 was introduced 2 years after in 1998, coming not long after CSS3 was released 1 year later in 1999.

So CSS4 - There is no such thing as CSS4.
Since CSS3 split the CSS language's definition into modules, the modules have been allowed to level independently. Most modules are level 3 - they build on things from CSS 2.1. A few level 4 modules exist (such as Image Values, Backgrounds & Borders, or Selectors), which build on the functionality of a preceding level 3 module. Others are level 1 because they define entirely new functionality, such as Flexbox.
So, while one can discuss upcoming levels of individual modules, there is no monolithic "CSS4" which will be worked on after "CSS3" is finished.

Toxique

MOTM
Reaction score
You know I never really thought about when CSS was introduced, I couldn't think of web designing without it.

MrCreaper69

Reaction score
16 years ago the most advanced website was made purely out of tables. It was terrible compared to sites in this day and age, just think another 15 years and there be website viruses that will jump out of the screen and chop your head off :S

88kay

Reaction score
Maybe in the future you will have a interactive Computer screen where you can just paste some graphics over some code....well something like that...Don't touch the viruses....

Toxique

MOTM
Reaction score
O man, I wounder how cruel the viruses will be in the future :(