• Game Rebels: The site that rewards you for posting
  • The Game Shop V2!

A Complete revamp! Hundreds of FREE games, now available!
    Shop Now!
  • Game Rebels Community

Welcome to this awesome gaming forum
    Register Now
  • The Clone Wars: Now Live!

Garry's Mod server based on Star Wars: The Clone Wars
    Connect!
  • Earn Points to Buy Games!

The more you post, the more you earn
    Learn More

90's Beat 'em Up Games

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by johnrajiv123, Sep 22, 2017.

1. johnrajiv123

johnrajiv123 New Member

While almost everybody is getting hooked to all kinds of android and online computer games, I prefer the classics. Let me take you back to the 90's- probably the golden era of coin-operated arcade machines. I remember not spending my allowance when I was a kid just so I can have a lot coins to spend on different arcade games. If you were born on the 80's and 90's, I'm sure you've had a lot of fun getting hook to beat 'em games. Beat 'em up (also known as brawler) is a video game genre featuring hand-to-hand combat between the protagonist and an improbably large number of opponents. I love playing Cadillacs Dinosaur, Captain Commando, The punisher and so much more. Just thinking of the fun I had playing these games makes my mind overflow with nostalgia.

So what is your favorite beat 'em up games? Were you able to find an android and computer version of your favorite classic beat 'em game? What was your experience? Let me know by posting your comments below.:D images.jpg

Heatman likes this.
  2. Heatman

Heatman New Member

Wow, you just ringed up my childhood memories and remembering them was fun. I can totally agree that modern online and android games have knocked off our early games off the perch but it never did take them away from our memories.

I can never forget playing the punisher on my Sega game. It was a mission packed game that you can win it on a solo fight. You must play with a partner to enable you even the odds. It was a very interesting game, I enjoy fighting the fat kingpin and beating his fat ass gives me joy back then.

3. LavaLoon

LavaLoon New Member

I liked Defender Robotron Xevious, Donkey Kong and PacMan.

4. PorkTornado

PorkTornado New Member

LOL Pacman is a beat em up?! I guess if you consider beating up the ghosts when you pop a pacpill.

5. JaiGuru

JaiGuru New Member

Capcom's Final Fight is the one I still pull out to this day. I adore the sound and controls on that game. I was into wrestling as a kid and the pile driver moves in this game were similar to the types of things people were doing on those shows. I also loved Turtles in Time! As far as I'm concerned the definitive version of that game is abslutely the SNES port.

Haha! You made it. I didn't think you'd actually join. What's up man?

6. PorkTornado

PorkTornado New Member

You would like that old stuff guru. :cat:

I did like playing Clayfighters on your old hoopty nintendo last time we were down tho.

7. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Active Member

The arcade scene where I grew up was a massive rip-off. Tokens were worth half my allowance each (to be fair, I had low allowance) but it's not like one token can last you 30 minutes of gaming. It's one death, and that's it. Definitely not worth it, and the prizes for the tickets in the arcade were insanely cheap that it's another rip-off when you exchange the credits for a toy worth a fraction of what you spent buying the tokens.